Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

God and the devil

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:24 AM

here's another thing that i wonder about

if god is all powerful, how could the devil even imagine revolting against him if he knew he would have no chance of winning.

if god is all knowing, why would he create lucifer

perhaps the devil works for god and isn't evil at all, he just brings some bad stuff into the mix so you can appreciate the good and so that there can be freewill.

any thoughts?

Posted Image

#2    ~*S.T.R.*~

~*S.T.R.*~

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• A friend will bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend will be in jail with you saying 'let's do that again!'

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:31 AM

You just answered your own question! LOL!
There has to be the option to choose your own destiny.  There has to be a balance...Ying-Yang...Good-Evil...Dark Light! He gave us the ability to choose wether we want to trust in him or not.  And by the way Lucifer was first an angel.  But I am sure with God being all knowing that he knew Lucifer was going to be a fallen angel before he even was!

#3    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:38 AM

yeah, but what i'm asking is why would god create something he knew would rebel, or, was there no rebellion at all, and god and the devil are in cahoots.

Posted Image

#4    ~*S.T.R.*~

~*S.T.R.*~

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• A friend will bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend will be in jail with you saying 'let's do that again!'

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:41 AM

He knew the devil would rebel and become the Devil...this ment that people like you and me could choose wether to go to heaven or hell.  Its all about choice...am I understanding what your asking...Im not Im sorry...help me understand!

#5    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:44 AM

i don't know if i can explain it better, i have been drinking a bit lol.

and if god created something that he knew would rebel, and become damned, then that makes god an a-hole

Posted Image

#6    ~*S.T.R.*~

~*S.T.R.*~

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:45 AM

No...Its like our government...they make things that we dont like sometimes...but that doesnt mean that other ppl wont like them...we are built on a society that had choices and free will...that doesnt make our government bad and it doesnt make god bad either...he just doesnt want to force us to love him...he would rather us come to him on our own terms

#7    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:05 AM

i can see your point, but don't forget i'm kinda drunk, so i'll have to hit this back when i'm sober and my wife isn't yelling at me.

i guess satan won tonight in my life lol

Posted Image

#8    ~*S.T.R.*~

~*S.T.R.*~

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:06 AM

LOL Go to bed...youll feel better in the morning!!

#9    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:22 AM

i can't, i still got 12 left lol

okay, maybe this will help explain why i said god is an a-hole

lets say that i can see the future. i know that if i knock up this one chick, the kid that will be born will be the next hitler and kill millions. i know this before i even meet the girl. when i do meet her, i still knock her up, the kid is born, grows up, kills millions. now, since i knew this would happen, doesn't that make me responsible?

Posted Image

#10    V for Vanity

V for Vanity

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:27 AM

Are you comparing God to that explanation?
God is not responsible for our own actions, yes he may know it. But he doesn't control our life.

#11    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:32 AM

what i am trying to say, is why would you create something, just to damn it to hell?

Posted Image

#12    V for Vanity

V for Vanity

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:39 AM

If you mean to say why would he want to destroy something he created, he doesn't want to destroy it. Remember that it's our own actions that sends us to hell. About that Hitler part, he couldn't have killed Hitler. Not all bad is destroyed, and besides God does things for a reason. The devil was made up for himself and all evil. Whatever i'm really tired and I don't know if i'm answering what you're looking for.  sleepy.gif

#13    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,430 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:32 AM

A few points.  God creates Lucifer.  God knows Lucifer's actions.  this is a part of God's plan.

As to your question that if God created him to condemn him, is God an A-hole............. That's a good question and not one that can be responded to in a short reply.  The angel's are not judged in the same way that we are (at least that's my opinion), so to say that Satan's condemned isn't exactly right.  

I guess the best response I can give is from the Book of Romans where people are asking the exact same thing and Paul replies "What right does the clay have to say to the potter "why did you make me this way?"  Who are we, the created, to question the creator in other words.

Hope this helps thumbsup.gif

regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#14    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:29 PM

or, as i have postulated, the god of abraham is both the "god" and the "devil".  this is the only way for it to be all-powerful and complete.  Otherwise it is as incomplete (godwise) as a car with one wheel removed.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#15    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:32 PM

Using Occam's Razor, the simpliest answer is usually the correct answer, since there is no evidence for either god or the devil, they are nothing more than obsolete mythology that is slowing dying out.  yes.gif

Edited by mako, 28 August 2005 - 03:35 PM.

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users