Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Question

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1    Master Oku

Master Oku

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

• Thats why I'm the Master and your not!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:59 AM

Hey, two people in the waiting room of the docters office were debating whether or not the dinosuars were mentiond in the bible. One says no the other says yes. Are the Dinos mentioned in the bible?

#2    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:49 AM

They are. And all through Enoch and the Dead Sea Scrolls too.

Posted Image

#3    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:18 PM

No they are not,  a lot of people try to make out that Levithan is a dino, but that is just wishful thinking on the part of Creationists.  Just like the divinity of the Book of Job, the "Dinos in the Bible" question evaporates in the light of enquiry. yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#4    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:28 PM

Jumping the gun there aren't we? Who said a word about a Levithian? Uh uh, try again.

Posted Image

#5    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:33 PM

Who said a word about a Levithian?

Didn't have to, you have used that arguement so many times, it was a foregone conclusion!  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.

#6    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:05 PM

I have not now, nor ever used the Leviathian as an arguement for dinosaurs in the Bible. Dragons maybe, dinosaurs, no. Wrong person, or very bad assumption.

Posted Image

#7    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:45 PM

How about sharing some passages that specifically mention dinosaurs in the Bible instead of bickering?

I'm sure there are no cut-and-dry dinosaur passages.. "And so Moses rode the Brachiosaur into Egypt.."

Embrace the impossible.

#8    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:50 PM

"And so Moses rode the Brachiosaur into Egypt.."

Yeah Ashley, show us something like that.... yes.gif

#9    Baldwin

Baldwin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

I would like to see a passage from the bible mentioning dinosaurs or something leaning towards dinosaurs even. As for leviathan being a dinosaur, thats just absurd no.gif

"If you cannot understand this primal script of magick swallow the whole damn book: then you will obtain astonishing results."  Austin Osman Spare

"We are so much the victims of abstraction that with the Earth in flames we can barely rouse ourselves to wander across the room and look at the thermostat." Terence McKenna

#10    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

I thought it was the triceritops?  tongue.gif

I think you were right about the leviaton Mako. That may have been a dinosaur to them. But it breathed fire.  yes.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#11    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

Since 'dinosaur' is a modern word, and didn't exist in any of the ancient laguages in which the Bible was written, then obviously there is no mention of dinosaur per se.

However, some people will argue that certain other words should - or could - be translated as 'dinosaur'.   But in no case is 'dinosaur' the only possible interpretation.

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#12    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,520 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:23 PM

Isn't Leviathan an underwater creature?  Like a whale (the most common understanding of Leviathan).

Anyway, I don't think dinosaurs are specifically mentioned though.  In the scheme of things, they aren't really that important to the themes of the Bible.

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#13    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(Paranoid Android @ Aug 29 2005, 02:23 PM)

In the scheme of things, they aren't really that important to the themes of the Bible.

Regards, PA

View Post

You mean God never spoke unto Josiah and said "Lo!  Because I have caused the dinosaurs to become extinct 65 million years ago, so shall Judah rule the land that I promised unto Moses"?  tongue.gif

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#14    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:33 PM

Ah but to the Creationists, they are very important!  If they leave them out of their little story, people will laugh at them, so they have to explain why there are no longer any dinosaurs.  That is the only reason some Christians even mention them.  Otherwise, the normal average Christian reacts to dinos in the same way as any other person.  Usually with the same enthusiasm as that little boy in Jurrasic Park 1.  yes.gif

Edited by mako, 29 August 2005 - 02:34 PM.

#15    Beastmode

Beastmode

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• WHO I AM, HATES WHO I USED TO BE

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml

here is a pretty cool opinion on the subject

Posted Image[/img]

i know as they hammered those nails