Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Question

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(Ashley-Star*Child @ Aug 30 2005, 12:45 AM)
Dinosaurs wwere extinct by the time of Moses. And they did not happily co-exist with man, they turned the Earth into a bloodbath eating and I quote 'birds, reptiles, animals, and humans'. They devoured all flesh, and were NOT an originally created animal, but the hybridization of 200 of every originally created animal.

But most dinosaurs were herbivores...... hmm.gif

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#32    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:35 AM

Yes, and it also states they ate all the produce thereby man was running out of food.

Posted Image

#33    lismore

lismore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 197 posts

• Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland,
    And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(JMPD1 @ Aug 30 2005, 01:16 AM)
Then why isn't this mentioned anywhere else but in the book of Enoch?

As someone stated earlier, if these beasts roamed the Earth while Man did, it would have been mentioned a little bit more often, no?

good journey

View Post

Hi

I think A lot of the disagreement here is in perceptions.  Ancient peoples wrote about encounters with large and strange sounding animals, sometimes called Dragons etc.  We dig up bones of large stange animals and call them dinosaurs.

It depends what you believe to start with how you would interpret the data.

For example:  The Old English Poem The Beowulf Epic.  A large sea creature which attacks ships is killed and dragged onshore by beowulf and his men.  Some people say this is a dinosaur, some say a whale.

Grendel: a man sized-bipedal creature capable of leaping, killed thirty men in one night, a nocturnal beast.  beowulf killed this by tearing off its forelimb.  An illuminated contemporary account of this shows an odd looking bipedal creature.
Some people say this is a dinosaur, some say a personification of the North Sea.

Take even Babylon: the Gilgamesh Epic or the babylonian seal where someone is battling a bipedal creature and cutting off its arm. Some say these mention dinosaurs, some say fictional adventures.  

There are literally scores of examples of ancient accounts people say were with dinosaurs, but others give alternative explanations for them.

Its up to the inidividual to choose.

The bible talking about a behemoth and leviathin dont look like an elephant and a whale to me.  But thats just my opinion thumbsup.gif .  Some cultures rode elephants in war or ceremonially at that time, I dont think they would be scared of something they had domesticated.  At the National Archaeological Museum in Naples there is a Roman Mosaic of a sailor battling a long necked sea-beast.  This I have seen and it started me thinking on this, it is exactly like a dinosaur is depicted in books ohmy.gif

From the lone shieling of the misty island
Mountains divide us, and the waste of seas;
Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland,
And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.

#34    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:47 AM

Gilgamesh on account of the Book of Watchers in the Dead Sea Scrolls, was a Nephilim. I've also read the extra-Biblical account of Gilgamesh which talks of him surviving the 'great flood' which wiped everything out, and that he was a giant, etc.

As it says, there were a few Nephilim which survived the flood.

Just had to add that.

Posted Image

#35    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:57 AM

You mean we run screaming into the kitchen to hide from veloceraptors?

grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  tongue.gif  w00t.gif  laugh.gif  grin2.gif  Mate, I say this with affection and humor, so please don't be insulted - Dummy!  You made me snort coffee - HOT coffee - with that comment!!!!!  No I meant at the very first of the movie, when all the kid could talk about was dinos!  *I'm still not sure if I dare take a drink of coffee yet*  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#36    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:04 PM

You know, Japan is building a theme park for extinct cloned animals starting with the Mammoth. With all that T-Rex blood (and yes, DNA) talks of cloning are floating about. Hmm, a real life Jurassic Park, cloned dinosaurs in the 21st century. I can see 'running and screaming' already....please, please....someone clone them. tongue.gif

Posted Image

#37    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(JennRose @ Aug 29 2005, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE(Purplos @ Aug 29 2005, 09:45 AM)
I'm sure there are no cut-and-dry dinosaur passages.. "And so Moses rode the Brachiosaur into Egypt.."

View Post

laugh.gif  Ha ha ha ha....  That is my new favorite UM quote.  

And as for the topic--- If enormous, ferocious, often flesh-eating reptiles roamed the land amongst these people, don't you think there would be a few more references to them besides some poetically veiled descriptions in one book?  As it is, all the dangerous creatures of that land are mentioned throughout the Bible.

View Post

grin2.gif   I've been quoted!  Yay!

Personally, I don't see why it is very important to know if dinosaurs were around in Biblical times - would that make God's creation (if you believe in that) any less wonderous?  

I would have to think, however, if the asteroids that hit the ocean and caused global flooding were the reason behind both dinosaur extinction and Noah's flood, why weren't either thing mentioned?  ie.  God told Moses to gather two of each animal except those big guys over there.  God sent flaming rocks from the heavens to rend the oceans and cause the flood.  Why would it rain for 40 days and nights if tidal waves caused the flooding?

Embrace the impossible.

#38    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,520 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(mako @ Aug 30 2005, 09:57 PM)
You mean we run screaming into the kitchen to hide from veloceraptors?

grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  tongue.gif  w00t.gif  laugh.gif  grin2.gif  Mate, I say this with affection and humor, so please don't be insulted - Dummy!  You made me snort coffee - HOT coffee - with that comment!!!!!  No I meant at the very first of the movie, when all the kid could talk about was dinos!  *I'm still not sure if I dare take a drink of coffee yet*  yes.gif

View Post

We aim to please rofl.gif

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#39    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(Ashley-Star*Child @ Aug 29 2005, 10:28 PM)
Really? Radio-metric dating showed a T-Rex bone to be all but 15,000 years old. And please don't even get me started on the T-Rex blood found TWICE and with Hemoglobin, blood vessells and soft blood tissue. Not the mention that dinosaur bones in museums are being recalled to check for the same material.

May I also ad that Carbon Dating usually takes many 'goes' each coming up with different dates, and it's a hat picking guess as to which is right.

View Post

chasing the carbon dating trail again.

i take this as an admission you can not back your claims.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#40    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:38 AM

Although the Bible doesn't say that "Moses rode a Brachiosaur", it does say "God rode a great winged Cherubim", and as my new book will prove with numerous ancient texts and illustrations, these "Cherubim" are not the "fat little angel kids" taken from the pagan Greek religion by the early Christians.  They are in fact, the fire spewing, flying reptilian dragons firmly believed in for thousands of years by virtually every culture in the world.  Detailed depictions of them exist as early as early as 3000 BC in Sumeria, and they are winged, horned, scaly, long necked creatures that most people today would call a "dragon".  And in the Bible they spew fire exactly like the dragons of later legends.

So if such fearsome creatures really existed, why didn't they wipe out the human race?  Simple, as the Bible and related texts state, they are servants to the Creator God.  Yes, they do eat people, burn cities, etc, but their activities are carefully controlled.  They are highly intelligent creatures, capable of human speech, and not allowed to harm righteous people.  The Cherubim Satanel is one of these dragons, which is why he could so easily fly Jesus up to the temple pinnacle and place him their with his talons.   As my book will prove however, this dragon was never an enemy of the creator God, but his role was reversed by the early Christians to turn Jesus' teachings into the dualistic, pagan-influenced religion it has unfortuantely become today.  

These creatures are mentioned as dragons (Tannin) at least 20 times in the old testament, and many more when described by their specific hierarchy, destroyers, cherubim and seraphim.  Seraphim, in fact, means in Hebrew, "a flying and fiery serpent", which is a good description of a classic dragon.  These dragons were turned into absurd human-like winged spirit creatures as the pagan greek writers of the new testament contaminated the holy scriptures with their pagan ideas, including the fiery "hell" stolen directly from the Greek Hades, and never mentioned in the Bible before the Greeks came to Israel with the conquests of Alexander the Great.

Dragons are not dinosaurs, but share an evolutionary  lineage with these more primititive creatures, just as man does with the lesser primates.  Both humans and dragons were "improved" by God.  The dragons were "taken" millions of years ago, to be servants long before the human race evolved.  This saved them from the mass extinction of their primitive dinosaurian cousins.   It was not until humans came into the earth that the angels (who were simply improved humans and never mentioned having wings) could exist.  This is why the most senior heavenly creatures are the Seraphim and Cherubim dragons.  They existed millions of years earlier than the humans and angels.

Why are there no dragon fossils?  As the Bible says, none have ever  been killed, they are immortal, heavenly creatures, and as the book of Revelation states, destined to return to earth with sharp teeth and fiery breath to destroy one third of the human race.   It is possible we may find fossils of the ancient reptiles that would become the heavenly dragons.  New dinosaur species are discovered every year.  As my book will show, there have already been found some extinct giant reptiles with very dragon-like characteristics and appearance.l

Oh, and the Nephilim of the Bible cannot possibly be dinosaurs or dragons.  Reptiles cannot mate and produce offspring with humans, and science proves that the dinosaurs were long-extinct before the human race evolved.    My research indicates that the Nephilim were unquestionably the man-like creatures we know today as Neanderthals, which were larger, had bigger brains and interbred with the modern humans, exactly as the Bible/Enochian literature says.  Then despite their great success for tens of thousands of years, they simply all vanish without a trace ca. 30,000 years ago.  This was because they were all eaten by the heavenly dragons, though this story, and the minor Black Sea (Noah) flood of ca. 5,000 BC have become intermingled  through the oral traditions of of the illiterate, nomadic shepherds who centuries later would become the Hebrews.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 02 September 2005 - 12:59 AM.

#41    Nameless

Nameless

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:55 AM

Edited by Nameless, 02 September 2005 - 12:58 AM.

#42    Nameless

Nameless

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:59 AM

Could you please tell me in the old testament where you found this? I have a Bible and i'm just curious.

#43    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:13 AM

nameless,
if you are addressing my post, be advised that many modern Bibles have taken the word "dragon" out, except for the references to Satan in the New Testament blasphemy of the earlier scriptures.  You must go to an earlier King James edition, or the original Greek, written before the numerous sects of false christians who have perverted God's word with their re-editing of the Bible.  Many "dragon" accounts are contained in the so called forbidden, and supplementary Jewish religious texts that complement the Bible and fill in various gaps.  All of these accounts are mentioned and explained in my book which will be released this year.

#44    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:57 AM

Like you're the only ne who has something to say on this matter. Don't headbutt, it's impolite.

@ Hyperactive. I have plenty to back up my claims, and I really don't need to write a whole book for each post to explain them. I'm a tad more....protective...of my work than some. I don't believe in blurting it all out in one go. I watch, I wait, I listen.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child, 02 September 2005 - 02:01 AM.

Posted Image

#45    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE(Ashley-Star*Child @ Sep 1 2005, 05:57 PM)
Like you're the only ne who has something to say on this matter. Don't headbutt, it's impolite.

@ Hyperactive. I have plenty to back up my claims, and I really don't need to write a whole book for each post to explain them. I'm a tad more....protective...of my work than some. I don't believe in blurting it all out in one go. I watch, I wait, I listen.

View Post

well then, all i ask (since this is the "play nice" section) is go back to the timeline i posted and expand it to show where all your info on dino extinction, birth, etc fits in it.  I say (and i have plenty of science to back it up too) that your timeline is unworkable based on the evidence we have.  I am interested in seeing your alternate timeline though.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users