Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gecko! Gecko!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Red-eye Dragoon

Red-eye Dragoon

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:22 PM

GECKO! GECKO!
In downtown New York, at a somewhat trashy apartment, there lived a man named Howard. He was a young man, in his mid-twenties, and had a terrible fear of cockroaches. Well if you've been to New York, and maybe live or stayed in a rundown hotel, you know how many cockroaches there are. Too many to count!

Howie had just come home from work and was looking for a bit of relaxation. All he wanted to do was get a bowl of ice cream, sit down and read the newspaper. He started raiding the messy cabinets and sink to look for a bowl and a spoon. He found the bowl, got out the ice cream and opened a drawer to get the spoon when, Surprise!! Out jumps a big juicy cockroach. After jumping twenty feet in the air and grabbing a spoon out of the drawer, he sat down to calm himself. "God forsaken roaches!" he yelled, while slowing his heartbeat, just as another cockroach crawled between his feet. " There's got to be something I can do to get rid of them." Just then, as he was getting his ice cream and reading ads in the paper, one specific ad caught his eye. "Got Roaches? We have a solution! Come down to Sam's Pet Club today and get yourself the natural predator of the roaches, a Gecko!"

"What in the world?" Howard thought. He read on: "That's right! A gecko! Follow the directions below to get your very own live cockroach eliminator! Then ask our friendly staff how to care for and what to do to get rid of your cockroaches." "Ya right. That gecko will probably eat me while I sleep." he said as yet another roach scuttled across the floor. He felt sick. He thought it was worth a try, so the very next day he followed the directions on the ad to the pet store.

He asked about the geckos and the staff told him what to do with a gecko and how much they were and, soon enough, he was driving home with his very own gecko. "Great," he thought "yet another little critter that is going to be loitering around in my house."

He got home and did just as the woman at the store told him to do, and let the gecko go. He saw the gecko run under the refrigerator after the nearest cockroach it saw. "Well, at least he is doing his job." he said after he heard the loud "GECKO, GECKO," sound that geckos make when they swallow.

Days went by, and Howard saw fewer and fewer roaches. He didn't like the gecko running around his house all the time, but what's one gecko to a thousand roaches? He shrugged it off, and tried to suck it up. One thing he did do, however, was close the door before he went to bed. But no matter what he did, somehow the lizard always got into his room.

One day after work, he was getting some dinner when he saw the gecko chase one of the last cockroaches on the house under the refrigerator. He saw the cockroach scurry under it with the gecko far behind struggling to go under. That's when Harold realized. It was getting bigger. That night he did everything he could to keep the Gecko out of his room. He fell into a deep sleep.

All the police found the next morning was a small stain on the bed that looked like blood. They searched everywhere in the house for Harold after a worried neighbor herd a slight scream and a haunting "GECKO, GECKO," that morning, but no one could find anything. No Harold, No Gecko, No cockroaches, nothing. They left that house confused and wondering, never to see Harold again. The only place they didn't check was under the bed, where the gecko was - big as ever, and full at last.

Submitted by: Constance, TN, USA

source

I don't quite believe this one, geckos can't grow big enough to eat people.

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  

#2    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

good gravy.  These stories get more ridiculous all the time.

A man-eating gecko??
Give me a break

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#3    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

Maybe it's a mutant man-eating gecko.....nevermind....I didn't say that... ph34r.gif

#4    diablo66666

diablo66666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

thats funny tongue.gif

Edited by diablo66666, 30 August 2005 - 07:45 PM.

#5    Nessieman23

Nessieman23

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:13 PM

That is scary...(and funny) But it's nice to still see TLOD fans are here...

#6    FloridaLizardQueen

FloridaLizardQueen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

• I am just a figment of your imagination.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(Nessieman23 @ Aug 30 2005, 03:13 PM)
That is scary...(and funny) But it's nice to still see TLOD fans are here...

View Post

I have never heard of the man-eating gecko story until now, and I thought I heard 'em all.  Guess I was wrong!  Well, it was amusing though.  Thanks for the story.

#7    Uteromind

Uteromind

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

• "I take you where you wanna go
    I give you all you need to know
    I drag you down I use you up
    Mr. Self Destruct"

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:54 AM

I read this story in a book about scary stories when I was 10 or 11. It seems kind of ridiculous now that I'm 16, but it freaked me out when I first read it.

I AM THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD (AND I CONTROL YOU)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Click here to find out more about me
Click here to see some photos of my band...

#8    NJC

NJC

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

it makes me laugh laugh.gif

#9    Red-eye Dragoon

Red-eye Dragoon

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

same here thats why i posted it lol laugh.gif

#10    manitou

manitou

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

• ...put aside the everyday world and come with us into the realm of imagination, the middle-ground between light and shadow...

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:02 AM

Just one discrepancy: Was he called Howard or Harold?

#11    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:50 AM

LOL! Gecko!
Thats so silly it's funny laugh.gif

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#12    Red-eye Dragoon

Red-eye Dragoon

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(manitou @ Sep 1 2005, 02:02 AM)
Just one discrepancy: Was he called Howard or Harold?

View Post

I think whoever typed it out made a typo.

#13    Jake Blood

Jake Blood

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

• MAN.U ROCK!!!!!!! I can't here you.UNITED ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thankyou all you Chelsea fans

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:38 PM

yeah new urban legend.The man with two names

This Halloween,the power is unleashed.The spooks will come back.But there is one they cannot withstand.JAKE BLOOD!!!!!!!!!The power is back

#14    Red-eye Dragoon

Red-eye Dragoon

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:43 AM

lol laugh.gif

#15    LyCaN123

LyCaN123

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Lycans are real if you like it or not

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:21 AM

Sounds lame and how do people even know he had a gecko and that it grew so big?LOL someone made it up unless they spied on him or somthin and saw every detail AND HOW THE F****** DO THEY KNOW HE HAD A DREAM.again..LOL angry.gif LAME TOO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users