Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

THIS IS HELL!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    The Council of Nine

The Council of Nine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:27 AM

We have it all wrong!!!!!...So what do I mean this is hell?...Am a person who has greatly suffered during my spell here..is my life meaningless..the answer is NO!

The answer is actually simple...anyone who is on "Earth" is actually in "HELL" as we have named it!

It is not such a bad thing..and if you actually stop to think about it you will see it makes sense..we go to "HELL" (or come back is a better way of putting it) to make amends and finish what we did not do on the 1st 2nd 3rd...etc times round..when we complete our "tasks" (call it what you may) then we reach what has been termed as "HEAVEN"

No doubt this will raise a few questions..all I ask is don't try and complicate matters..it's very simple..were are here to "learn" and reach a "STAGE"..life is like a ladder..every lifetime we either move up or down..when you reach the top..well you reach the top..and you climb up whatever awaits us all..don't worry we'll all make just might take longer for some (after the weekend I just had  I reckon I slipped a couple of rungs!!!) grin2.gif

Peace out gang!!

CON

"Death makes Angels of us all"
  Jim Morrisson

#2    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

What about the fire and brimstone? Being tortured for eternity? Pain beyond fathom? Life on Earth doesn't give you any of those things other than the Fire and Brimstone near volcanoes; life on Earth is beautiful. If you are experiencing hell, then it's either your own doing or someone elses.

Edited by Magikman, 31 August 2005 - 12:58 PM.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#3    The Council of Nine

The Council of Nine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:54 AM

Why do people insist on adding quotes to the top of there treads!!!..

Jim Morrisson

#4    The Council of Nine

The Council of Nine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:07 PM

...ANY WAY!....you really haven't got the gist of it!

you ask about... fire and brimstone?...Being tortured for eternity?... Pain beyond fathom?

To start with fire and brimstone...what do want to know ..it's fire and brimstone!!...religious rubbish!

Being tortured for eternity..well if you don't make the grade you come, that can feel like eternity!..and torture!

Pain beyond fathom?..we'll all lose people we love with all ours hearts during our time here..that can feel like pain beyond fathom.

"life on earth is beautiful"...NO!!!!...the earth is beautiful..we are not!!!

"If you are experiencing hell, then it's either your own doing or someone elses"....well done are you finally getting the message?

Jim Morrisson

#5    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:40 PM

Yours is a rather ancient theory, TCON, and one that philosophically has very valid points.  Zoroasterism contended something along the same line with Angra Mainyu, the evil god/the creator god ruling the physical world (hell) and Madza Ahura, the supreme god, ruling the spiritual world (heaven).  Interestingly, this seems to be where the Jews acquired their monotheism and Satan in one fell swoop.  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#6    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(The Council of Nine @ Aug 31 2005, 08:07 AM)
"life on earth is beautiful"...NO!!!!...the earth is beautiful..we are not!!!

View Post

Actually without life Earth would be an ugly, barren wasteland like Mars. Life is what makes Earth beautiful, and each life form has a role to play in the enviroment. Therefore, each thing can be beautiful or sacred; even bacteria, because Bacteria does good too, since it's nature's garbage disposal.

To start with fire and brimstone...what do want to know ..it's fire and brimstone!!...religious rubbish!

I was just commenting on the common Christian view of hell. I do not believe in Christianity or hell myself.

Yours is a rather ancient theory, TCON, and one that philosophically has very valid points. Zoroasterism contended something along the same line with Angra Mainyu, the evil god/the creator god ruling the physical world (hell) and Madza Ahura, the supreme god, ruling the spiritual world (heaven). Interestingly, this seems to be where the Jews acquired their monotheism and Satan in one fell swoop.

Interesting, although I still don't understand why people consider life hell.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

#7    The Council of Nine

The Council of Nine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:46 PM

"I was just commenting on the common Christian view of hell. I do not believe in Christianity or hell myself"...........

....WHY COMMENT ON IT THEN...............PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!

Jim Morrisson

#8    maryjo1975

maryjo1975

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:38 PM

So what do you want? You just wanted to post your theory and not have anyone comment on it or question it? You cant post something like that on a message board and NOT expect someone to comment.

Personally, and I am sure this will tick you off even more, I dont agree.

I have been through some really crappy things in my life. But it has in no way ever felt like hell. It has been hard and rough at times but nothing I would consider hell.

If this is hell then why dont we just appear here? Why are we born into a family, as babies? It makes no sense.

If your life is hell then I might suggest a few life changes. Other than that, please stop yelling at people.

If you are a mom, mom-to-be, a trying-to-be mom, or a empty nest mom....come check out the newest place on the net for MOMS!!!!

http://cybermoms.homelinux.com/

For women only please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know. But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.
      - Edna St. Vincent Millay

#9    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(maryjo1975 @ Sep 1 2005, 02:38 PM)
So what do you want? You just wanted to post your theory and not have anyone comment on it or question it? You cant post something like that on a message board and NOT expect someone to comment.

Personally, and I am sure this will tick you off even more, I dont agree.

I have been through some really crappy things in my life. But it has in no way ever felt like hell. It has been hard and rough at times but nothing I would consider hell.

If this is hell then why dont we just appear here? Why are we born into a family, as babies? It makes no sense.

If your life is hell then I might suggest a few life changes. Other than that, please stop yelling at people.

View Post

Thanks. Getting flamed at for stating someone elses opinion is quite foolish. I commented because I assume it is something he would probably have knowledge on, believing in Hell.

The Council of Nine, you still haven't answered my question. Why do you or some people consider life hell? I love my life, even if I was terribly depressed I would still love it.

Please take time to accept and review comments, and fully develop a thread you post.

Baron Wormser said:

#10    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:44 PM

There was never a fiery "hell" in the Jewish scriptures until Alexander the Great's conquest of the Holy Land contaminated Jewish thought with Pagan Greek ideas.  Then we see Gehenna mentioned, a place of punishment reserved only for Gentiles.  This turns directly into Greeek Hades complete with Greek gods by the largely pagan Greek followers of Jesus.  Instead there was a quiet resting place for the souls of the dead called Sheol which contained no punishments and was part of Heaven.

Even Jesus did not confirm the pagan Greek hell but his words were miscontrued by his Greek followers.  Jesus said the evil doers would be consumed by an immortal "wyrme" (dragon) as confirmed by accounts of this kind of punsihment in the old Testament.  The fire connection was due to the fact that these creatures spewed fire and brimstone.  There is also an interesting parallel in the ancient Egyptian religion, in which unrighteous souls would be swallowed by a dragon-like creature.  These heavenly dragons are the Cherubim and Seraphim, who the paganizing Christians turned into improbable, winged humanoid "angels" based on pagan Greek winged humanoid gods. No angels in the real Bible are mentioned having wings, they look exactly like young men.  The Cherubim and Seraphim however are always referred to as winged "creatures" and portrayed in ancient art as Reptilan dragons.  These thoughts persisted despite the pagan Greek hell idea, which is why hell is so often portrayed in thousand year old illustrations as the mouth of a great dragon, not a cavern under the earth.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 01 September 2005 - 10:48 PM.

#11    FrostWarrior

FrostWarrior

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

• Phase One: The Terror of Death

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:23 AM

My life is phenomenal. This isn't hell. ;D

#12    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:56 AM

Yep yep, whatever you say. rolleyes.gif Please, keep believing that, just don't expect everyone else to just fall in line.

Posted Image

#13    NJC

NJC

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(The Council of Nine @ Aug 31 2005, 03:27 AM)
We have it all wrong!!!!!...So what do I mean this is hell?...Am a person who has greatly suffered during my spell here..is my life meaningless..the answer is NO!

The answer is actually simple...anyone who is on "Earth" is actually in "HELL" as we have named it!

It is not such a bad thing..and if you actually stop to think about it you will see it makes sense..we go to "HELL" (or come back is a better way of putting it) to make amends and finish what we did not do on the 1st 2nd 3rd...etc times round..when we complete our "tasks" (call it what you may) then we reach what has been termed as "HEAVEN"

No doubt this will raise a few questions..all I ask is don't try and complicate matters..it's very simple..were are here to "learn" and reach a "STAGE"..life is like a ladder..every lifetime we either move up or down..when you reach the top..well you reach the top..and you climb up whatever awaits us all..don't worry we'll all make just might take longer for some (after the weekend I just had  I reckon I slipped a couple of rungs!!!) grin2.gif

Peace out gang!!

CON

View Post

yeah it is hell watching those horrible t.v commercials..I don't wanna mess with with your belief  if you believe hell is on earth well  hmm.gif .I don't believe hell is on earth anyway if it is I'll probably see satan giving a wedgie on some people.

#14    saladins follower

saladins follower

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

• screw bush,im going back to africa

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:38 PM

nine no more weed money ???  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

#15    maryjo1975

maryjo1975

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:02 AM

I find this thread highly ironic right now.

Unless you live in the gulf coast states that are devestated by the hurricane and flood.....or unless you live in some place like Iraq.....I find it hard to believe that anyone could consider their life hell on earth compared to those people.

If you are a mom, mom-to-be, a trying-to-be mom, or a empty nest mom....come check out the newest place on the net for MOMS!!!!

http://cybermoms.homelinux.com/

For women only please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know. But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.
      - Edna St. Vincent Millay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users