Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Victims of Hurricane Katrina

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46    Wrighty

Wrighty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 12:25 PM

Thats not the way to look at it at all. Everyone can do something.

#47    JohnnyBoyC

JohnnyBoyC

Psychic Spy

• 1,367 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:12 PM

They were selling lollipops at my school for 50 cents each so i bought 50 lol

the money went to katrina of course, or this post would be really random

Posted Image

#48    Wrighty

Wrighty

Psychic Spy

• 1,992 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:44 PM

Thats great JBC. Every little helps.

#49    Lostchild1962

Lostchild1962

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• Enemies who mistake kindness for weakness always regret it

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE(rachelkleypassparrow @ Sep 8 2005, 04:39 PM)
I will be able to send some money at the end of the month. Better yet, my birthday is coming up; all be well and right with the world, I will see if I can send the amount connected to my age. If not, I will send half. I am on disability benefit for my condition, but I am also a survivor of a natural disaster and I would like to see what little I have go to the children of Katrina.

Not only that, I have a daughter, who lives in the US and I know how I would feel if I found she was a victim of Katrina. So, in effect, it would be for the fact that I am fortunate that my daughter is alive and well and pray that it helps reunite families and helps the dear little children and the other children,as well, who are alone.

View Post

Thats so sweet helping the children and very generous..just breaks my heart what they go thru..I do think it will effect them in someway..losing it all can mess a child up..maybe years after as well..
I have done all I can with help and cash..and my son helped with the Red Cross..I pray for all those in need at such a tragic time..Im just grateful my daughter is alive and safe..material items can be replaced, her life cant..I wanna say more but the words wont quite come out right..But any Mom would know what Im trying to say..and all those that have helped no matter how big or small,I know its so appreciated..Helping others always comes back around..

*Thank you Barman for the awesome avatar!!!*

* If you are in the Truth Business you do not get paid very well. In fact you might find yourself in all kinds of trouble, be hated and have your reputation smeared. *

* Remember strong nations are not destroyed from the outside in,but from the inside out. *

* If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will *

#50    JohnnyBoyC

JohnnyBoyC

Psychic Spy

• 1,367 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 04:30 PM

i feel bad, my grandpa went to new orleans 3 months ago and he has a friend he called yesterday says he got a free house in georgia but its completly empty he has no money or anything now.

Posted Image

#51    Wrighty

Wrighty

Psychic Spy

• 1,992 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 04:30 PM

Thats very sad. Hope things get better for him.

#52    disgusted

disgusted

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:13 AM

[COLOR=purple]

There are many EVACUEES from New Orleans that fled Hurricane Katrina and are now staying in North Central Louisiana in rural area churches. I posted a message requesting cash donations to the area. Some of the responses I got was horrible from folks. Things I wouldn't even dream of repeating. And I also contacted many agencies. It shocked me how some agencies especailly the one that is accepting HUGH donation flatly turned these folks down. WELL WITHOUT EVEN ASKING THEM AND ONLY BY WORD OF MOUTH WAL-MART HEARD ABOUT THE EVACUEES AND WAL-MART STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE AND PROVIDED THOSE EVACUEES WITH COTS, BLANKETS, PILLOWS, FOOD, WATER, TOILETRIES, CLOTHING, FORMULAS, DIAPERS, AND BABY FOOD FOR THE BABIES. I never liked Wal-Mart because of the service I received from some of the employees. WELL WAL-Mart has restored my faith in them. I know there are folks that are saying WaL-Mart won't accept FEMA vouchers. UNTRUE. In fact the EVACUEES of North Central Louisiana didn't even have FEMA vouchers at that time because they were FORGOTTEN EVACUEES.

THANK YOU WAL-MART for CARING, UNDERSTAND, SUPPORT, AND THE LOVE THAT YOU HAVE SHOWN TO THE EVACUEES. thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

#53    panther10758

panther10758

Psychic Spy

• 1,215 posts

• Any man can become a Father it takes a REAL MAN to be a DAD!

Posted 12 September 2005 - 12:24 PM

I work for JC Penney and today we are allowed to wear jeans and sneakers if we pay $5.00 now that $5.00 will be matched by JCP and sent to help the victums of katrina. so what can we do to help well I I know I am got my jeans out now!

#54    Baku

Baku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

• Land of the Eternal Fire, Azerbaijan

Posted 12 September 2005 - 12:42 PM

Just wondering doesnt teh US goverment have money saved in case of a disaster happend? Why aint they using it now? The US saves over 200million dollar a year

#55    Angelvalley

Angelvalley

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

• Don't judge me until you have walk 2 miles in my moccasons.

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:08 AM

sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif
   I feel so bad for the many people that lost their lives to hurricane katrina.
What I don't get is the fact that many of them are now homeless, no food or water. And all the government can do is spend more money over sea's, but then turn around and tell these people I'm sorry!!!!
I heart goes out to these people and to their families....

My son and daughter cried when they saw the news about that happened......
How can we fix this problem?
Something's got to give!!!!!!!!!

#56    LarryOldtimer

LarryOldtimer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

• In the beginning, there was nothing. God said, "Let there be light." There still was nothing, but you could see it better.

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:35 AM

I can only conclude that you haven't heard the speach of Bush regarding all of that.  The fact is than Americans by the droves have been taking care of these displaced/refugee people as rapidly as humanly possible.  Feel sorry for them? Sure.  Feel bad about how they are being treated, never, since they are being treated as well and as fast as they can be gotten to.   yes.gif

#57    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:55 AM

Angel,

I've merger your thread with a more relevant topic that addresses your question, what can people do to help?

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#58    wcturnersr

wcturnersr

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:10 PM

Well, we're back.  We suffered little damage compared to a lot of our neighbors.  The majority of the people that I work with and that I know, including relatives have lost everything.  We are still looking for my Aunt and Uncle.  We have contacted the Red Cross and announced on the radio for them being missing.  Please set the word out if you can.  Their names are Charlie and Shirley Gagliano.  My uncle is about 80 yrs old and lived in St. Bernard Parish.  Knowing my uncle, he probably stayed. no.gif

wcturnersr

#59    eveningsky339

eveningsky339

Psychic Spy

• 1,017 posts

• "Who made man's mouth? Who made the deaf, the mute, the seeing or the blind? Was it not I?"

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:59 PM

What can i do to help? Absolutly nohting! grin2.gif

I do not agree.  Everybody can do something to help.

Of course, now Rita may be a problem... hmm.gif

Edited by eveningsky339, 24 September 2005 - 09:00 PM.

#60    Wrighty

Wrighty

Psychic Spy

• 1,992 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:20 PM

I saw some pictures of what rita did on Richard and Judy. Terrible. Everything was turned upside down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users