Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are you active in your church

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:40 PM

I am just wondering if anyone is active in their church. I just recently became involved in a group called Missionettes. A group for young girls. I love it. It helps us teach our younger generation about God.

PS: this isn't just for the christian church. It is for other churches too,.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#2    Baku

Baku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

• Land of the Eternal Fire, Azerbaijan

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:43 PM

Nope Im not active in curches or moskee's, I only went to moskee a couple times for a haircut, some snickers bars and a good game of table soccer  tongue.gif

#3    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

What is a moskee?  blink.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#4    Skittles

Skittles

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

I'm active in my church. I try to go every Sunday and I tell people about god whenever i can. I am of Christian faith.

#5    ajagsfairy

ajagsfairy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:53 PM

dontgetit.gif Does sleeping count as active? Cus for the life of me i cant sit through a church service without falling asleep.

Edited by ajagsfairy, 01 September 2005 - 09:03 PM.

#6    Baku

Baku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

• Land of the Eternal Fire, Azerbaijan

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:59 PM

I meant Mosque you know muslim curch

#7    jpalz

jpalz

Poltergeist

• 2,964 posts

• When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(ajagsfairy @ Sep 1 2005, 08:53 PM)
dontgetit.gif Does sleeping count as active? Cus for the life of me i cant sit through a church service without falling asleep.

View Post

Lol, it happens to me all the time  laugh.gif . I mean, I really try to pay attention to it, but almost always I start feeling comfortable and without knowing I fall asleep tongue.gif
Now, I know I shouldn't, but it just happens.

BTW, yes, I'm active in my church thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
I've looked for you. Now you've come to see me. And I thank you for it - John Paul II's last words.
To be young and not a revolutionary is a contradiction, even biological
It's time to kick *** and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum
My blog! :D

#8    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,850 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:53 AM

I co-lead the High School Youth Group.  I give talks about three times a year.  I'm involved in the Music Ministry team.  I used to run a Drama Ministry.  But more than anything I simply do what I can to serve in the best way possible.

Is that active?  It should be normal for a Christian to help out and serve God.

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#9    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:49 AM

As I don't really have a church( My name is Kismit and I have been a non-Christian for 31 years) I could say no, but because I beleive that the Earth is my place of worship I could say yes. I do a lot of volunteer work, I spend a great deal of time working on solutions to problems and helping to make my beliefs a more defined entity for me and I also like to work toward making the Earth a healthy place for everyone.

So I guess yes, would be the more apropriate answer. I am active in my place of worship. original.gif

#10    Consummate Deist

Consummate Deist

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:26 AM

Silly Rabbit, Deists don't have churches!  I have to agree with Kismit, the entire universe is our house of worship.  I spent a quarter of a century perserving the freedoms we take for granted. - CD  thumbsup.gif

Blashemy is an epithet bestowed by superstition on common sense.

#11    Vallheru

Vallheru

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Use the fork Luke...use the fork.

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(Kismit @ Sep 2 2005, 05:49 AM)
As I don't really have a church( My name is Kismit and I have been a non-Christian for 31 years) I could say no, but because I beleive that the Earth is my place of worship I could say yes. I do a lot of volunteer work, I spend a great deal of time working on solutions to problems and helping to make my beliefs a more defined entity for me and I also like to work toward making the Earth a healthy place for everyone.

So I guess yes, would be the more apropriate answer. I am active in my place of worship. original.gif

View Post

very correct. I despise churches, although I consider myself Christian. I would never ever join any church organisation or club or whatever cause all of them are just to steal poor people's money. I know it's a cliche, but faith is indeed in us and we always need to show it inwards, never outwards. Is it different to god if I pray at home or is it better to pray in a painted place called church were I have to pay in order to light a candle? Honestly, I'd like to kick the living s...t out of some (if not all) priests. Remember, Jesus had done the same to the same kind of people.....

#12    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:07 PM

Sleeping during service is not active. Although I myself have fallen asleep before. But then the preacher starts screaming and getting all excited. You could say my church is radical.

I am glad that you do volunteer work Kismit. People are often to lazy to do something that requires hard work and no pay. It is sad.  sad.gif

Posted Image

#13    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(Vallheru @ Sep 2 2005, 08:38 AM)

very correct. I despise churches, although I consider myself Christian. I would never ever join any church organisation or club or whatever cause all of them are just to steal poor people's money. I know it's a cliche, but faith is indeed in us and we always need to show it inwards, never outwards. Is it different to god if I pray at home or is it better to pray in a painted place called church were I have to pay in order to light a candle? Honestly, I'd like to kick the living s...t out of some (if not all) priests. Remember, Jesus had done the same to the same kind of people.....

View Post

I agree, though not so vehemently.  If I had to classify myself, I would be a Christo-Pagan and I do believe that wherever you go, god/godess is there - no need for a church building.  In fact, I tend to think a church building gets in the way of your communion with the god/godess.  I don't have time or ability to volunteer, but I spend all I can out in the world with my children listening to the whisperings and rythym of the natural world.

Embrace the impossible.

#14    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:21 PM

When Moe was a small boy, Father Smith asked us if we were "active" yet. He always had something lumpy in his pocket. yes.gif We think tha maybe he was dirty.

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#15    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(moe eubleck @ Sep 2 2005, 02:21 PM)
When Moe was a small boy, Father Smith asked us if we were "active" yet. He always had something lumpy in his pocket. yes.gif We think tha maybe he was dirty.

View Post

Are you lying Moe?  unsure.gif  If not I am sorry.  crying.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users