Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are you active in your church

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:36 PM

People are often to lazy to do something that requires hard work and no pay. It is sad.

Volunteer work don't get the bills paid! *snickers*

Yeah uh.. basicaly what Kis said.. ;P  The whole natury thing yadda yadda my place of.. whathave you... *lazy cat moment*

Wait a sec..  that's right! I'm a cat! You guys should be worshiping me!!

XD rofl ;P

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#17    StalingradK

StalingradK

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

• We happy few, we band of brothers/
    For he that sheds his blood with me this day/
    Shall be my brother
    -Shakespeare; Henry V

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:44 AM

Hrm... Why do most Christian believe the sabbath day is Sunday? The true sabbath is on Saturday. There are many errors in the christian religion... Mainly in the Catholic area which people really need clarification on, like what Constantine I did.

Get in the Puma!!!

#18    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:42 AM

StalingradK - the Sabbath hasn't even been mentioned in this thread.  It's not relevant.

That aside, the term "church" refers to a gathering of believers.  Historically it was never intended to refer to a building/organization.  Whenever I refer to church I speak of that gathering, not my place of worship (which as Kismit eloquently put should refer to our whole life).  Being active in "church" where you are gathered as a fellowship of God's people as opposed to being spiritually active in life and living - both are important (to me at least).  

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#19    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:32 AM

No, because I am an atheist. However, officially I am still a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (The Mormons). It was the church I was raised in, but I haven't really attended other than a sacrement meeting for my mom's sake once in a while for nearly 2 years.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#20    StalingradK

StalingradK

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

• We happy few, we band of brothers/
    For he that sheds his blood with me this day/
    Shall be my brother
    -Shakespeare; Henry V

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:32 PM

Sabbath is relevant, it does not say  Temple, or Mosque. It says church, it inquires the Christian religion even if the author did not intent it to. And it might effect if you go to church or not.

Get in the Puma!!!

#21    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:01 AM

Church as defined as a fellowship of believers does not require meeting up on Saturday.  The Sabbath was a day set aside specifically for God - symbollic of our ultimate Sabbath rest in heaven (cf. Hebrews 4) and it has been fulfilled.  If you so wish, you can still set aside Saturday as the Sabbath.  No one has said Sunday is the Sabbath, and if they did they'd be wrong.  Sunday is the day I meet up with a church (fellowship of believers).

Well, that's what I believe anyway,

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#22    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:03 AM

No....I probably should go though....

Posted Image

#23    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 24,789 posts

• "If one is to be thought acceptable and agreeable in society, one must submit to being taught the same lessons over and over again." --Hammer

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:21 AM

Church IMO mplys a particular point of view, a meeting of beleifs,  Lets face it  Lots of people have different beleifs IMO  this implys seperateness  and exclusivity, I choose unity, I tolerate and embrace any point of view, I seek  to connect to all of life and the people of it, so no I don't go to church. Namaste Sheri

#24    iac_tracker

iac_tracker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Location:The eternal hellhole of heat and humidity also known as Florida

• The dumbest people I know are those who know it all. -- Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:29 AM

Yeah i go to church all the time I used to go to sleep during church but then i joined the youth group and now I never go to sleep i love it and I am going on a trip in like a week but yes I am active
-Thank you

Posted Image

#25    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:24 PM

I use to go on youth group trips. They are so fun.

Thanks for the replies people.  yes.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#26    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(101 @ Sep 6 2005, 08:24 AM)
I use to go on youth group trips. They are so fun.

Thanks for the replies people.  yes.gif

View Post

See, that almost makes me kind of wish I had been born into one of the Churches that does stuff like go down to impoverished nations for charity work.  wink2.gif

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#27    Beastmode

Beastmode

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• WHO I AM, HATES WHO I USED TO BE

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:04 PM

Yea, im involved im my chruch. I am a sr high Guys sunday school teacher. And i also run a free standing Ministry.

Posted Image[/img]

i know as they hammered those nails
into your beautiful hands
your eyes they tried to search for mine

#28    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(Beastmode @ Sep 6 2005, 04:04 PM)
Yea, im involved im my chruch. I am a sr high Guys sunday school teacher. And i also run a free standing Ministry.

View Post

we have classes like this in my church. They teach abnout saving yourself for marriage and other stuff.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#29    Beastmode

Beastmode

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• WHO I AM, HATES WHO I USED TO BE

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

Yea 101, i was involved in those when i was in youth. And it really helped me, i glad to see that that stuff is still being taught.

Posted Image[/img]

i know as they hammered those nails
into your beautiful hands
your eyes they tried to search for mine

#30    maryjo1975

maryjo1975

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:10 AM

Well, I GO to church. I am not active in it.

However for the last two days I have been active in someone else's church.

There is a church here in town who has been taking massive amounts of donations of food and supplies to send to the Gulf states for the victims of the hurricanes and then they are taking in evacuees there as well. We already have a few and we are expecting 100-150 by next week.

I have spent the last two days seperating, boxing up, taping up and labeling food and personal items. I am exhausted. We work in a hot warehouse for hours without stop. It is wonderful to be able to DO something to help out.

Now...excuse me while I go take a shower. LOL!

If you are a mom, mom-to-be, a trying-to-be mom, or a empty nest mom....come check out the newest place on the net for MOMS!!!!

http://cybermoms.homelinux.com/

For women only please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know. But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.
      - Edna St. Vincent Millay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users