Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US military preying upon the vulnerable!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#16    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,732 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:27 AM

A fact of life is that the vast majority of people who join the military do so because they don't really have many other options.  I think it is a good way to get people interested in thinking about joining the military.  Joining the military is not a BAD thing to do.  It is an excellent thing to do.  And people who have lost everything, have no where to go, and nothing hopeful to look forward to can 'rebuild' their lives from scratch and serve their country at the same time....I think it is marvelous and I hope they are very successful.  
I'll bet many of these folk never even seriously considered joining the military.  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#17    Faeden

Faeden

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

• Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:34 AM

Hi FluffyBunny

I suppose the army is better than no job, If I was there though I think I would have joined one of the other companies, ones that will be about helping the local areas, such as building contractors, and getting the electricity and fresh water going again, there has to be many qualified people that can take up these positions. I think the army, should be doing what they are doing now, and make sure other deaths are minimal, and get the people out of the toxicized places, but that is short term, there are jobs that are going to take years.

You have a good balanced view on things, its nice to see.

All the best
Faeden

Posted Image

Please visit my forums on the paranormal HERE

#18    joc

joc

• 12,732 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:44 AM

I suppose the army is better than no job, If I was there though I think I would have joined one of the other companies, ones that will be about helping the local areas, such as building contractors, and getting the electricity and fresh water going again, there has to be many qualified people that can take up these positions.

Are you even living in the real world?  There are not any people in New Orleans to join anything.  And even if there were you can't just 'join' a company.  You have to be hired.
You suppose the army is better than no job?  I guess you are unaware of the Army slogan: We do more before 9:00am than most people do all day.  No one at the job fair has a chance of getting a real job anywhere.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#19    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:47 AM

If I wasnt' over the age limit .. I have pondered how much I could give by joining the U.S. Military myself... I guess I will have to live it through my sister in law.. she is in the U.S Airforce .. and she is proud of it!  thumbsup.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#20    Faeden

Faeden

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

• Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:53 AM

Joc I was talking about the people being recruited at the astral Dome thing.

Posted Image

Please visit my forums on the paranormal HERE

#21    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:05 AM

You do realize, that they are there to recruit, not 'press gang' people right?

There are no soldiers holding guns to peoples heads making them sign up, right?

The way you claim it, folks are being lined up and sworn in.  It doesn't work like that.  Just to let you know.

good journey

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#22    joc

joc

• 12,732 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:25 AM

Joc I was talking about the people being recruited at the astral Dome thing.

It is the AstroDome.  All of these people in the AstroDome in Houston, came there from the SuperDome in New Orleans.

Look Faeden,  I don't dislike you.  I think that you are a real nice guy.  I know that may surprise you but I really do.  I think that you are just a bit misguided.  I don't think you hate America.  I do think you hate Bush...but I understand.  It is 'popular' in your part of the world to hate him.  And that's okay.  I'm not really concerned about that anymore...you have your opinion or whatever and it is very unpopular with a lot of Americans.  So beit.  I would love for you to come to Texas.  I couldn't afford to get you here...nor could I afford to house and feed you.  But I would certainly show you the Dallas area and how things 'really' work in America.  I realize it is all second hand information for someone who has never been here.  You would absolutely love Texas.  It is like a whole different country all by itself.   And I was just kidding about New York being the center and capital of the World....everyone knows that recognition only goes to Dallas! thumbsup.gif   Or is it Houston?  Austin? San Antonio?

Edited by joc, 09 September 2005 - 02:26 AM.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#23    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:28 AM

Does Texas Have a Capital?  grin2.gif

Y'all Texicans are all right.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

#24    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE(JMPD1 @ Sep 8 2005, 10:05 PM)
You do realize, that they are there to recruit, not 'press gang' people right?

There are no soldiers holding guns to peoples heads making them sign up, right?

The way you claim it, folks are being lined up and sworn in.  It doesn't work like that.  Just to let you know.

good journey

View Post

JP is correct as the the ex-wife of a Navy Officer, I think some people on here just say any thing with out really thinking about what it is they just said, This 2005 people if you don't want to join no will hold a gun to your and make you. rolleyes.gif

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#25    soonerlover

soonerlover

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

• It ain't over till it's over

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:01 AM

I have no problem with the military recruting down there. Why not? And I as a Veteran have my medical care including prescriptions taken care of free of charge and it is not service related problems. thumbsup.gif

Attached Files

#26    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:23 AM

I think it's a great idea as well.

It's not like you have to sign up for front line dities, there are many trades etc to be learned through the military.

I'd also love to see any long term " dole bludger" ( and yes I'm talking about those fit and healthy people who are happy to spend years enjoying the surf and living at the rate payers expence) also told get a job or join the military, no more dole for them.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#27    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:29 AM

Tia, I love it when you talk sexy like that.  wink2.gif

I agree with you completely about the 'dole bludgers'.

#28    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:41 AM

Some of these people have no jobs to go back to at all; I must ask "what's so horrible about joining the military?". I work at a University and the job fairs always include some branch of the armed forces.

Its just a booth where people can get info on the Army. Its not like they are using scare tactics or mind control to get people to sign their lives away. Besides that, after 18 years (shorter then that in some branches ) you can retire with full benefits. I would be close to a third of the way there by now. Silly me. I almost joined through the Air Force but decided to pursue an wonderful career in Food Service Management instead. happy.gif

#29    4dplane

4dplane

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

• To study where I stand, teaches me what I have been missing.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:03 AM

Sure, the military gives people jobs, just like American capitalism employs people for building bombs, tanks, bullets, mustard gas, nuclear bombs, the military is just another job for someone else to make money from you.

To enlist people in war because they have nothing else in life is wrong. Give them a life first and then see how many of them want to join in on the act of war.

Personally, I would rather starve to death than sign up for the military (or build bombs, bullets or check parked cars for that matter), but I am white, blue eyed and have a family to help me out when times are hard; most poor black people in America have none of the above. So why must we put food and honor and the end of a gun? - because it is the only way to get people to join.

Any belief is a self protecting device through which the mind disconnects itself from truth. Only a mind that is free from any anticipation, hope, and belief can act justly and in alliance with truth and reality.
-Krishnamurti

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.
-Mark Twan

#30    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:46 AM

Hey kids! Let's all go to the Job Fair!!

Perfect recruiting conditions - large, captive audience, nowhere to live, no job left, and in varying states of traumatic distress! Probably lots of job offers in telemarketing and Amway available as well, no doubt.

I personally find it in poor taste - despicable vulturing, exploiting desparate people in wake of a catastrophe. They are not there by choice, and are being taken advantage of in their state of desperation. If someone wants to join the military, or take up any employment offer, they are certainly entitled to do so, but flog the jobs under normal conditions. The priority has to be to get these people a place to live and a chance to recover from losing everything they've ever had.

After that, then helping them find employment of all types is great.

Edited by turbonium, 09 September 2005 - 06:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users