Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US military preying upon the vulnerable!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:27 AM

The military isn't just front line jobs, you can learn a trade, become a nurse etc.

For someone without anything is a secure career, learning, health care, housing and pay really that bad?

If the person doesn't want to join up they won't, but it's giving someone else an option they might not have considered.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#32    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:48 AM

^I agree, I can see where others are coming from when they say its just preying upon those who really have little choice, but I disagree. This gives them anther option to consider, if they wont to join they will, but if they dont they wont. They can quite easily make a career out of it and will hopefully allow them to have a bright future after having to experience this nightmare.

#33    Vallheru

Vallheru

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Use the fork Luke...use the fork.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE(turbonium @ Sep 9 2005, 06:46 AM)
Hey kids! Let's all go to the Job Fair!!

Perfect recruiting conditions - large, captive audience, nowhere to live, no job left, and in varying states of traumatic distress! Probably lots of job offers in telemarketing and Amway available as well, no doubt.

I personally find it in poor taste - despicable vulturing, exploiting desparate people in wake of a catastrophe. They are not there by choice, and are being taken advantage of in their state of desperation. If someone wants to join the military, or take up any employment offer, they are certainly entitled to do so, but flog the jobs under normal conditions. The priority has to be to get these people a place to live and a chance to recover from losing everything they've ever had.

After that, then helping them find employment of all types is great.

View Post

Very well put.

And faeden, good post.

Now, as to those americans that "complain" about most Europeans disagreement to the US governments actions.
What is never understood, is that what the rest of the world faces constantly, they now have to face in their own country. The complete lack of interest for human values on the part of the us admin. Still, the propaganda is so deep, that even after such a destruction, where people were left COMPLETELY ALONE (they were 90% black of course not white texans) there are people who chose to support such a criminal government.

Last, but not least, for all those that consider joining the army an easy job, go enlist yourselves and tell us about it later. Ignorance everywhere......

#34    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:50 AM

No one said it was an easy job  rolleyes.gif it can be a future though.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#35    Vallheru

Vallheru

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Use the fork Luke...use the fork.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(Tia @ Sep 9 2005, 10:50 AM)
No one said it was an easy job  rolleyes.gif it can be a future though.

View Post

Listen, for some people it is compulsory to join the army for a long period. Without pay. So, if you enlist, and see how people live in the military, no one would really like it. That is why armies are diminishing around the world!!! Believe me, it is not a future worth speaking about.

#36    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:38 PM

Listen, for some people it is compulsory to join the army for a long period. Without pay. So, if you enlist, and see how people live in the military, no one would really like it. That is why armies are diminishing around the world!!!

I don't know how it is in Greece...but we are talking about America...so in the context of the conversation, your diatribe seems less than intelligent.  You should post your views in the context of the conversation...which is the American Military.  No one here is forced into the military.  Everyone in the military gets paid..gets fed...has free housing available.
Believe me, it is not a future worth speaking about.

Actually the military IS indeed a future worth speaking about...which is why they are there...speaking about it.  

Here is what a typical recruiter conversation might be like:

Where are you going from here?  I don't know.  Where do you want to go?   I don't know.  How would you like to go to California?  Or Virginia? Or...(where ever).  
Maybe.  

For all you who don't know.  The military is a job.  It is also an adventure.  You have to go through 'basic training' which is hard...but exciting as well.  You learn patience, tolerance, persistence, discipline, and self respect.  Then you go to your assignment and learn about the job you chose to do.  Yes, you CHOOSE what job you want.  Depending on your test scores you can do virtually anything.  Nuclear Submarines, electronics, communications, building construction, photography, the list is as endless as a civilian career list.  Then when you finish whatever school you go to, you take a vacation and then report to your 'duty' assignment.  From there on it is a job.  You go to work, you get off.  You play.  Of course during war times things are a bit different.  But not everyone in the military is on the front lines.   Okay...now go out there and join! thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#37    hex_girl

hex_girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• "Night is the domain over which I rule.
    Darkness is the power I desire."

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:15 PM

I could care less if the military is recruiting  down there.  Or anywhere.  If the military wants to offer them another option so be it.  Even with all the recruiting they do,  they are under anticipated recruiting number's. Recruiters can be persuasive, it is their job but they don't force anyone.  So, what is the problem.

Posted Image

#38    Mad Cobra

Mad Cobra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

• Venomous seven

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:38 PM

Leave them to starve and die, kill each other. Leave them in a lawless land for a week or two with rap1sts running wild killers on the lose. Then given them a option to get outta there by joining the army. please i think allot of the people would like to die a dignified death then go back to the taste of hell which America has created everyday for the people in the middle east.

free choice you say ...it this the only choice to a disparate man ...and your gov knows that!

allot of them are illiterate......................perfect for the army

allot are black.....................................perfect for the army

allot of them don't want to go back... ....perfect for the army

Everyone knows one of the first things you need to do is clear the dead bodies because the affect of disease from it will kill the rest that are still there.

The Tsunami that hit Asia was a hundred times worse but they cleared up all the dead bodies as quick as possible.

I still see in the news bodies floating on water. Anywhere in the world the public wont tolerate it but hey  JOC its America be proud of the fact you still can see the dead relatives and friends of the doom people float by.

Go through that experience then say you really had a option to join the army, and if you feel itís a perfect job then why havenít you joined already. Its easy to say its better then nothing but then has America never been hit by a hurricane?

You can't even save your own people and your trying to force false freedoms to the world by killing their poeple. Itís become a joke.  ph34r.gif

All in parallel yet so far

Cast is the illusion made is the reality

#39    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:51 PM

In the US, people who serve in the Armed Forces are paid, always. happy.gif

Listen, for some people it is compulsory to join the army for a long period. Without pay

#40    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(Mad Cobra @ Sep 9 2005, 08:38 AM)
You can't even save your own people and your trying to force false freedoms to the world by killing their poeple. Itís become a joke.  ph34r.gif

View Post

lol the only joke is all the people in this thread crying about the military recruitment when they obviously have No Clue!  Ignorance on parade woohoo!

oo... and a touch of racial charges... I'm so not shocked!   tongue.gif

#41    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:07 PM

Thankyou Joc and Girty  yes.gif .Obviously some countries military services are sadly lacking, but not in the case of the one we're talking about.

Also to all the people bitching about whats going on, how many of you get off your backsides and actually do something about it?

Our main threat here is bushfire and the amount of 'civilians' that actually get out there and fight the fires is more then paid staff. So instead of whinging about things get out and do something to help.

HEY I WON!

#42    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:10 PM

Exactly Tia.  Except, I suspect many people prefer the arduous task of b*tching and moaning, to any actual real effort to improve the situation.

Arm chair generals.

Good Journey

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#43    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,809 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:56 PM

The military isn't just front line jobs, you can learn a trade, become a nurse etc.

Yes but in the regforce, I think, you only fill out a wishlist, meaning the army can put you in a trade you dont want to go into. Thats the catch.

Listen, for some people it is compulsory to join the army for a long period. Without pay. So, if you enlist, and see how people live in the military, no one would really like it. That is why armies are diminishing around the world!!! Believe me, it is not a future worth speaking about.

I joined, I could quit anytime, but I'm staying. I like it.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#44    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:06 PM

Ya know, a job fair given for thousands of people who all of a sudden have nothing at this point, seems to be a good idea to me.  But maybe that's just me.  

Here's the thing.  The majority of the people that were evacuated to TX are poor people.  Don't want to ruffle feathers, but it's a fact.  That being said, what kind of jobs are they going to get?  Now, signing up with the military will get them housing, paycheck, medical benefits for them and their families, and good training for future jobs.  Listen to what I'm about to say.  

Since this disaster happened, these things ^^^^^are what the public is demanding for the victims.  IF they sign up, they get those things, and we get more soldiers.  Everyone wins.  They get what they need without having to rely on handouts.  

I, for one, don't mind giving handouts.  I'm not saying that they should be pressured at all.  But it's a very good alternative.  Especially for those who aren't qualified to get good jobs with good pay and benefits.  I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I really don't care. thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#45    Mad Cobra

Mad Cobra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

• Venomous seven

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:42 PM

It upsets me that the voice of New Orlandís is not supported by the rest of America.
everyone  emphasize on personal efforts ..is this time of need personal effort can only provide limited means of help. If public pressure was put on the gov then the response to relief efforts would be different.

I am amazed that attitude all is being done and was still the greatest stuff. Every death was preventable and the current death toll reaching higher is preventable. Yet no one will make a effort to make the gov move a bit faster.

And yes they could have responded faster, it didnít take them long to mobile troops to destroy Afghanistan and Iraq.....plus 1 pack of food weights  ph34r.gif less then a 1 tank!

All in parallel yet so far

Cast is the illusion made is the reality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users