Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

1 Corinthians

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:33 PM

The book of first Corinthians talks about the church of Corinth. I started really reading it and it is like Whoa! I realized that churches young and old are all alike. A church full of baby Christians will be more often to judge each other. They also talk about division in the church which is prevalent. I notice that if we are divided how can we do Godís will. Christ is not divided so why should the church be? So my point is: I really suggest reading 1 Corinthians. It is a good example of how to run a church and problems within the church

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#2    Q-La

Q-La

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• much to learn for a small cranium

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:42 PM

Yes the church united should be all christians' wish.

Qrious at a healthy and happy level.
Examine and study the body
Analyse the mind
But the heart escapes scholarly devices

Verbal violence is the defense of those who think they know enough
You are what you choose yourself to be and you will find out who you are with what you do

#3    Super Pancake

Super Pancake

Bwa Ha HA HA HA

• 4,131 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:53 PM

what about christians that don't belong would they be accepted.

Edited by Super Pancake, 09 September 2005 - 05:55 PM.

#4    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Super Pancake @ Sep 9 2005, 05:53 PM)
what about christians that don't belong would they be accepted.

View Post

Christians that do not belong? what does that mean. We should accept everyone.

All God's children are in his hands.  grin2.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#5    Super Pancake

Super Pancake

Bwa Ha HA HA HA

• 4,131 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:28 PM

Well some *cough Pastor Visser* have said murderes arn't christians and he qouted the bible on that. And what of Homosexuals and other different lifestyles christians call an abomination to god. Your Jesus says anyone who accepts his word is a christian and still these abominations accepts him despite what the bible or other christians say.

I bet if all the church did unite you would not want lets say an abomination to go to your church?

#6    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:32 PM

A murderer who say commits a crime and says a pray with his heart and meaning it before he goes to the electric chair is saved.

A man who is gay and repents is saved.

I do not favor chutrches who do not accept minoritys,the poor,the homosexuals. I know we all need Jesus and who am I to judge?

Love your neighbor as youself- This means even if your neighbor is gay.  yes.gif

Posted Image

#7    Super Pancake

Super Pancake

Bwa Ha HA HA HA

• 4,131 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:42 PM

But I have read post where you said you don't believe in homos and would not want your child exposed to that stuff, you would not want lets say a drag queen to come struting in your church would you?

#8    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:44 PM

I do not practice homosexuality and I think it would confuse my daughter to see two men or two women kissing.

I don't think a person would walk in the church in drag unless they felt comfortable.

You must be angry today.  yes.gif

Posted Image

#9    Super Pancake

Super Pancake

Bwa Ha HA HA HA

• 4,131 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:58 PM

No just love asking tough questions?

You know I always wondered how people would read my post is it an angry voice in their head they imagine or a nice one. In my head when I read your post the voice sounds like a sweet innocent women.

I guess for most of us skeptics when the believers read the post they interpret an angry voice. Thats why I sometimes take a hiatus on the Spirituality & Skepticism section because the believers might see me as just a skeptic trying to bring them down. When all I'm doing is asking the hard questions or just being snide and sarcastic!

Oh and Drag Queens are comfortable every where just not in places where they might be in danger of their life!

#10    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:03 PM

Oh okay I kinda get skeered with hard questions. Because I don't want to hurt nobody. But I don't know how others may act about Gay people. But I hug them they are no different. People are often to easy to judge and not work on their problems within theirselves. I just don't get that.

But you never asked me these questions before so I thought you were upset.  blush.gif

Posted Image

#11    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:47 PM

My favourite bible verse is in 1st corinthians:

"If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends

So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#12    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:51 PM

grin2.gif I love that one too. My daughters middle name is Hope. I will probably do faith and love the next youngins I have.

Posted Image

#13    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,004 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 08:57 PM

IMO church has  and always was about  requirements and acheivement, who set requirements each church says God did and does, each church lays claim to god each church claims they are the chosen people and this is done viciously and agressively  I guess church feels they can lay claim to God they can lay claim to anything discrimination superiority, hatred and its justified  they all say the same thing this is the way God wants it, we even have HOLY wars to  and the most ungodly acts have been commited for this such war,  Achievement has become the God of church doing just the right things in just the right ways to  be happy to get home to God and even though these things seem to lead most away from God and don't feel exactly right they try harder deny more,   and so as church seeks to close the wounds of its soul it opens wounds in its followers, I for one  seek a newer vision of Cheurch How about You??? Namaste Sehri

#14    Super Pancake

Super Pancake

Bwa Ha HA HA HA

• 4,131 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE(Sheri berri @ Sep 9 2005, 03:57 PM)
How about You???

View Post

Bring it down and raise the flag of Super Pancake or die! devil.gif

#15    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,956 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(Fluffybunny @ Sep 9 2005, 01:47 PM)
My favourite bible verse is in 1st corinthians:

"If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends

So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

View Post

I too, Love that verse!

user posted image

original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users