Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

life on mars?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: do you believe there is unintelligent life in our solar system? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

do you believe there is unintelligent life in our solar system?

1. yes (45 votes [72.58%])

Percentage of vote: 72.58%

2. no (6 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. maybe (11 votes [17.74%])

Percentage of vote: 17.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:28 PM

okay we are getting nowhere again and all i wanted to do is see what you think about the possibility of life on mars... i shall no longer post on this ever confusing subject.

Jesus died for everyone, but if you were the only person living, he'd still die just for you. --- Uranium101

#47    s*t*a*r*m*a*n

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:42 PM

I would have thought that the part about the "Scientists hope that testing the minerals will help solve the riddle of whether Mars was ever a warmer, wetter place capable of sustaining life." was a relevent point in coming to the conclusion of the answer that you seek?

My assumption on answering  the question of  "whether there is life on Mars" is to be based on what criteria? Ignoring  the data loss due to malfunctioning mars probes? Only analysisng the data that is available ?Hence not being able to rule out certain environmental reasoning or base it on the data that is currently available but is not the final supposition?  

#48    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 09:34 PM

you lost me.

Jesus died for everyone, but if you were the only person living, he'd still die just for you. --- Uranium101

#49    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 10 August 2003 - 11:36 PM

Not saying that there isn't more data to be retrieved, and if something comes up to change our perspective, then our perspective will change.  I'm just saying that based on current information, that's what I believe.

Nothing to see here.

#50    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 12:50 PM

you really lost me.

#51    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 11 August 2003 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (uranium101 @ Aug 9 2003, 10:28 PM)
i shall no longer post on this ever confusing subject.

uranium101 Posted on Aug 10 2003, 11:34 PM
  you lost me. 

uranium101 Posted on Aug 11 2003, 02:50 PM
  you really lost me. 

You should tell mini-me to keep his tiny hands off the computer then...  tongue.gif

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#52    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 01:51 PM

where is he??? i am so leaving right now.

#53    ansemheart

ansemheart

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:34 PM

There IS known bacteria on Mars that was discovered by a probe. So far though no aliens alien.gif  

#54    s*t*a*r*m*a*n

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 02:55 PM

Did you not understand my post?

My assumption on answering the question
"what i am assuming to be the case" of "whether there is life on Mars" is to be based on what criteria?
"criteria =A standard, rule, or test on which a judgment or decision can be based."

Ignoring the data loss due to malfunctioning mars probes?
"obviously not having all the information that could have been obtained"

Only analysisng the data that is available ?
Hence not being able to rule out certain environmental reasoning

Environmenlal=Of, relating to, or associated with the environment

Reasoning=To determine or conclude by logical thinking: reasoned out a solution to the problem.

Environmental reasoning=To determine or conclude by logical thinking: reasoned out a solution to the problem Of, relating to, or associated with the environment

or base it on the data that is currently available but is not the final supposition?

Final supposition=supĚpoĚsiĚtion    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (sp-zshn)
n.
The act of supposing.
Something supposed; an assumption.

in other words:
base it on the data that is currently available but is not the final assumption

#55    Kaj

Kaj

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:44 PM

I┤ve seen polar bears.
But I think starmans point is that you cant take gov or some other instances statements as truth or facts always, you have to question things.
And we all have a will of our own.

No offence to anyone  original.gif  

We are just farts in space and time.

Be nice !

#56    s*t*a*r*m*a*n

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:59 PM

My point Exactly Kaj  grin2.gif  

#57    Nanook

Nanook

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• Anything worth doing is worth doing totally in excess.

Posted 30 August 2003 - 06:44 AM

I am going to disagree with those that believe life on Mars could have never evolved past bacteria.  Evolution doesn't necessarily follow a slow steady path.  All of the current body plans of animal organisms here on earth evolved during a short period known as the Cambrian explosion.

Most major evolutionary discontinuities here on earth when large jumps in complexity occurred, tend to be impact events.  It is clear from Mar's cratering that it has experienced more impact events than Earth.

Earth has a relatively large satellite that stabilizes it's inclination, Mars does not; this may have forced more rapid adaptation and evolution on Mars.

There are many anamolies on Mars that do not have a good explanation.  There are the "glass tunnels" that seem to line the edges of some caverns for example.  A structure I came across today was labeled by NASA as a stepped mound.  I can understand how a stepped mound can naturally evolve, have a mound of layered sedimentary material, have it eroded by wind, etc, and you have stepped mound.

But this was NOT a stepped mound, no, when I really looked at it, it was a contuous spiral of about
eight revolutions from the ground level to the top, not steps, and I have not been able to imagine any
"natural" process that would create such a structure.

In a lucid dream once, I explored Mars.  It was interesting.  I came across what looked like Adobe buildings, with open windows and doors.  It was a red adobe which I guess fits with the soil color.

I entered one of these buildings, it was a large single room.  But it struck me as odd because outside
the building was as tall as a two-story building, but inside the ceiling was only about 7 foot tall.

I thought to myself there must be a second floor and a way to get there, but there was only a dirt floor,
one room, no stairs, ladder, hole in the ceiling, etc.  No obvious way to get there.  Then when I wandered down the side of the room furthest from the door, all of the sudden I felt myself start to
de-materialize (which was weird because it was a lucid dream exploration not my physical body there),
and I first thought to myself, ah, this is how they get to the second floor, and things faded to black
and then I stayed in that state, they apparently weren't intent on rematerializing me anytime soon.
I got angry, and then returned to my bed.

I'm only relating this lucid dream not because I think it's an argument for intelligent life, although I will
say I've experiemented with lucid dreams here on earth and retrieved information about locations I
had not been too then physically went there to verify it's accuracy and have been able to bring back
real information, but I am relating it in part because I am curious if anyone else has experienced
anything similar.

I had another strange dream the other night about Mars.  I dreamt I went on a manned mission to
Mars.  And we got there, landed the capsule, and suited up for a walk outside.  I expected to hear the
escape of air from our landing module when I opened the door but did not and was puzzled by this,
and with the door open I decided to try an experiement.  I poured a little alcohol into a little metal cap
I had and set it on fire, and it burned.  With the hatch open I carried it outside, still burning, some
considerable distance from the craft.  It continued to burn.  It then occured to me that we (myself
and the people with me on the mission) had been lied to about the atmosphere.  There clearly was
oxygen and at a sufficient pressure to support combustion similiar to earth.

I decided to try an experiement, I would risk my life by removing my helmet, but had instructed my
partners to resecure it rapidly if things went bad.  I found that I could breath, and that I wasn't
losing conciousness.  I think decided to push things and try exerting myself, and I ran, big LONG
strides with the low gravity, hundreds of yards across the planet; I'm not becoming winded.  Not
only is there oxygen, there is plenty of it.

Then as I ran I caught a glimpse over the horizon of what looked like earth military vehicles.  I went
to investigate, there was a whole military base; there were cars, trucks, jeeps, earth-type vehicles
and a full military base.  The military had been here and it was a habital environment and they knew
it, for who knows how long.  This wasn't a lucid dream, just an ordinary dream, and I'm not suggesting
I believe anything like this exists; just a strange dream that I thought I'd mention while on the topic
of Mars.

See my UFO / ET Blog.

#58    bluesky21

bluesky21

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• Gaze at the moon, so humble and sleepy. Turn from the sun, so vain and bright.

Posted 30 August 2003 - 12:25 PM

if there was life beyond that of bacteria, or it may be humanoid, then they would probably "stone age" intelligence level, plus the atmosphere is so thin that it is virtually impossible to breathe. and as far as i know, there is not an ounce of oxygen on mars.

Courage is the essence of bravery, as love is the essence of the heart. -me

#59    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 30 August 2003 - 03:37 PM

i have heard on the news that there is already life on mars. but they are microscopic cells

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#60    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 30 August 2003 - 05:39 PM

What news was that? News Of The World?  

How IS Batboy doing nowadays?  tongue.gif  

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users