Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghosts, Scents, Apparitions... ?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31    espdracomth

espdracomth

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:03 PM

Well then well have to do something about skepticism won't we. I got it after I die

I will go & haunt the skeptic's, that should show them,but don't expect me anytime

soon I'm only 15. As for my theory I believe it's that the ghosts are stuck in a area

of energy that is to say dirty, kinda like a stain,it still has the same smell of what

stained it & stuff lik that. It'll remain there unless it's totally cleaned or in the case

of a ghost helped to move on. As for poltergeist kinda the same thing it's a

concentrated energy that accumalates until reaches a critical point & bursts, this

continues until it deplets it's total amount, almost lik a geyser except they almost

continue forever. Well thats my theory, I know kinda weird but thats what I think.

#32    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:25 AM

The theory that ghosts are drawn to the vibrancy of youth, perhaps the vibrancy expressed in 'pheremone discharge' is all well and good, it surely makes more sense to think of this attraction in terms of desire rather than sustenance.

I accept that my theory is a bit of a blanket theory , but I still feel it has potential . So now I just wanted to point out  Pheremones are not allways used for the purpose of disire .
HERE is an article on other uses for  pheromones excreated by  insects . I feel pheromones could possibly be used as a source for sustanance .

#33    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:48 AM

Interesting link Kismit.

each species of insect relies on some one hundred chemicals in its life, to engage in such routine activities as finding food and mates, aggregating to take advantage of food resources, protecting sites of oviposition, and escaping predation.

OK, apart from things related to sex (which really does seem to be the lion's share of it), pheremones do all of the above. For what reason would a ghost need any involvement in any of this? Surely if a ghost is attracted to and produces pheremones, it's not for any of this. If my reading is correct, pheremones for insects are a form of communication in one way or another, and never for sustenance. They are a neccesary device for insects because insects can't communicate like humans can - speaking, writing, gesture and so on, so why would a ghost make use of them? If I can put it irreverently: something which is capable of struggling back across death, walking through walls and whatever other ability we ascribe to ghosts is not going to employ something as base as pheremones.

Or have I completely misunderstood again ?

#34    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:55 AM

Well I came in earlier and typed out a lengthy well worded response to your post Aslan . Unfortunately  I was rudely interupted by visitors in the final quarter of my litterary frenzy , and now several drinks and several more visitors later I am incapable of a proper response..
   Only to say that
Or have I completely misunderstood again ?

you didn't missunderstand me .. Your just fussy.  rolleyes.gif

#35    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 08:33 PM

I am fussy. It's true. Let me condense my objection.

A pheremone, by it's very nature, is an absolute physical neccesity for various animals, and as such it is a product of various 'absences' in non-sentient beings - the ability to speak, for example, or reason. So if a ghost is a disembodied, sentient  'intelligence' - as you must agree it is when you talk of ghosts 'attraction' to various things (a replay is not attracted to anything) - then what need for pheremones?  

#36    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 08:43 PM

could the pheromones be nothing more than a giant guide or signpost for the ghosts?  That is if they use them at all, it could be something that we do not know about that attracts them.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#37    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:04 PM

Yes, I'm prepared to accept pheremones as an attractant (although I'm very, very dubious about their connection to humans), but not as part of any physiological process of the ghost. If we agree that a ghost is 'disembodied' then it has no body, and therefore no need of pheremones. It has nothing physical to sustain - no need for reproduction, or territorial rights, or hunting, or whatever else pheremones do. And if it has no use for pheremones, it has no need to seek pheremones.

#38    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Aslan @ Aug 12 2003, 07:48 AM)

OK, apart from things related to sex (which really does seem to be the lion's share of it), pheremones do all of the above. For what reason would a ghost need any involvement in any of this? Surely if a ghost is attracted to and produces pheremones, it's not for any of this.

Big Sigh........  sad.gif

Not to detract from the seriousness of this Thread, I'm just very disappointed to learn there is appartently, no sex ....... as a ghost

dying is easy ... tis the living that's hard...

#39    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:56 PM

I don't think you need to worry on that score, Nancy. What do you think all that thumping and banging is.

#40    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Aslan @ Aug 13 2003, 05:56 PM)
I don't think you need to worry on that score, Nancy. What do you think all that thumping and banging is.

ohmy.gif  ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Whew!!!!!! Now I feel MUCH better..........
I owe ya Aslan........   wink2.gif  notworthy.gif  

#41    Lionel

Lionel

Poltergeist

• 2,449 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:12 AM

There is more Nancy

Ever heard of incubus and succubus

He who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints. Joan Brannon

#42    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:18 AM

I thought that the incubus and succubus were just the names people in ages past, gave to the condition known as sleep paralysis, or they could actually be a subclass of ghosts, ones that still wish they did all the things that they used to do while corporeal.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#43    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Lionel @ Aug 14 2003, 03:12 AM)
There is more Nancy

Ever heard of incubus and succubus

Yep, sure have!

To me? "They" cheat...... Fooling around with the Living.... Isn't fair.

I was thinking more on the line of "ghost to ghost"......

Nasty devils Incubus and Succubus.... grrrrrrrrr!!!   blush.gif  
sasmokin.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users