Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

MEG

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1    saladins follower

saladins follower

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

• screw bush,im going back to africa

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:58 PM

why did it die it? does it still exist today? are the sightings true? discuss discuss..

#2    indeed

indeed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

• The process of searching for a solution is more
    important than the solution itself.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:48 PM

huh.gif  Whats a MEG ?

#3    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:32 PM

Whats a MEG ?
Megalodon.

Megalodon was an ancient shark that may have been 40 feet (12 m) long or even more. (There are a few scientists who estimate that it could have been up to 50 or 100 feet (15.5 or 31 m) long!)
Source

google Megalodon

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#4    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:58 PM

huh.gif  Whats a MEG ?

a computer data storage capacity? rofl.gif

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#5    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:00 PM

Source

google Megalodon

ooohhhh...

hm, i dont think they would be anymore, they'd have evolved smaller due to the change of there prey.

there prey becoming smaller for some reason, like fishies.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#6    eveningsky339

eveningsky339

Psychic Spy

• 1,017 posts

• "Who made man's mouth? Who made the deaf, the mute, the seeing or the blind? Was it not I?"

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

I think the Megalodon died just like all the other dinosaurs.  (However that may be)

Actually, there have been recent 'sightings'.  It could still lurk in the depths of the ocean....

#7    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:45 AM

megalodon only apparently went extinct maybe even less then 10,000 years ago, so im sure theres a chance it could exist just maybe in smaller numbers

Posted Image

#8    saladins follower

saladins follower

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:08 AM

they could have found new places to adapt to, like some parts of the deep are warm,  the crust  heats these parts, like the marina trench, the meg was warm blooded like the great white and the mako, so it could live under these conditions...

#9    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:53 AM

ya and who knows what lives way down there, im sure meg could have adapted to the pressure due to its large size im sure

Posted Image

#10    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 02:38 PM

There may be a few hiding out still, but their ecological niche may have been taken by the now, world's largest toothed marine carnivore, the sperm whale.

#11    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:58 AM

well if megalodon still lived till 10,000 years ago atleast im sure they would already have been living beside sperm whales, maybe even they hunted each other down till megalodons came extinct who really knows..

Posted Image

#12    saladins follower

saladins follower

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:22 AM

but can you just imagine the sheer beastliness of this thing, a great white, only 40-60 feet, 12 inch teeth, it can extend its jaw up to 10 feet...  no.gif stuff nightmares are made out. alpha dog of the waters

#13    kthxbye

kthxbye

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:37 AM

megalodon only apparently went extinct maybe even less then 10,000 years ago, so im sure theres a chance it could exist just maybe in smaller numbers

Yeah, considering how old the Earth is, 10 000 years is nothing.

I'm pretty sure I recall what might have been a pretty reliable sighting in Australia in the past ten years, I'll try to see if I can look it up.

#14    indeed

indeed

Psychic Spy

• 1,193 posts

• The process of searching for a solution is more
    important than the solution itself.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:54 AM

Can anyone rember awhile back, there was a large Great White caught in nets which had been bitten in half by something larger ?

From memory they estimated that whatever this other shark was would have to of been over 30/40 feet long   ohmy.gif

I tried doing a google but all I found was shark attacks on people  sad.gif

#15    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:10 PM

That probably was a larger shark then, as Sperm whales have swallowed fairly large sharks whole, but with only one row of teeth in their bottom jaw, they could not bite a shark in half.  There is no reason to doubt that a really large, normal great white shark could reach nearly 40 feet.  There are a few rare giants of most lifeforms.  From the only surviving remains of "MEGS", their teeth, they seem to be virtually the same shark as the Great White.  The only reason there has been truly giant marine predators, was to eat the giant squid.  You had the gigantic shonisaurus in that role originally,  with dinosaur and marine reptile extinction, the Meg shark may have taken that role until the superior Sperm Whale appeared on the scene.  Megs may not have died out, they just grew smaller as their prey changed once the sperm whales took over as the supreme squid hunters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users