Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

MEG

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:09 PM

i guess because of sharks in general...PAULWHALE!!!!! THIS IS NOT A SPERM WHALE THREAD!!!!! STOP THAT! >:(

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#47    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:15 PM

i guess because of sharks in general...PAULWHALE!!!!! THIS IS NOT A SPERM WHALE THREAD!!!!! STOP THAT! >:(

LMAO grin2.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#48    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:06 AM

Looks like Paulwhale is anoying people in both of these threads. If hes so into whales, maybe he should start a topic only about whales, he can even use the link I provided on the other forum, page 12 I believe.

As for Megs, I think they may possibly be around, though not as large as they used to be. Or for all I know, they could be larger.

The deepest parts of the oceans havent been explored, at least not completely. Lord knows what grows down beside the Tube Worms and Giant Clams near the thermal vents.

Heres the Giant Clams and Tube Worms.

Attached Files

I will forever believe that anythings possible, no matter how crazy or unexplainable.

#49    Guest_Mr.vort_*

Guest_Mr.vort_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:02 AM

Paulwhale you are giving us headsplody!!!! angry.gif

#50    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:47 AM

Mr. Vort...you can calm down....

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#51    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,713 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:57 AM

Paulwhale you are giving us headsplody!!!! angry.gif

LLLOOOOLL!

If megs were still around and competion with sperm whales is heavy. Maybe that is the real reasons boats completely disappear in the Bermuda Triangle and other areas. Maybe like a meg watched a spermwhale take his meal, got peeved, stormed to the surface and munches a party boat. I'm not trying to be funny. I think its possible. I live 20 minutes from the Jersey Shore on the border of Ocean County and I won't step foot it that water.
Screw that. I own a lake where I can see my feet and nothing is gonna bite me. I guess I have Oceaphobia.

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#52    Johnsy

Johnsy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

• Check out
    www.footietour.com
    www.freewebs.com/tanzania2002

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:06 AM

this is why im studing marine biology!!

Its cracking stuff

#53    indeed

indeed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

• The process of searching for a solution is more
    important than the solution itself.

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:17 AM

why people are so affraid of megalodons

Paul, use that thing between your ears.

For argument sake in the last 50 years, how many people swimming have been attacked by S/W's ? Now how many have been attacked by sharks ? Now imagine the thought of a shark swimming around larger than any known at this point in time.

Gee, that wasn't hard when you think about it   rolleyes.gif

Looks like Paulwhale is anoying people in both of these threads. If hes so into whales, maybe he should start a topic only about whales

thumbsup.gif

#54    Paulwhale

Paulwhale

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:00 PM

Paul, use that thing between your ears.

For argument sake in the last 50 years, how many people swimming have been attacked by S/W's ? Now how many have been attacked by sharks ? Now imagine the thought of a shark swimming around larger than any known at this point in time.
Gee, that wasn't hard when you think about it   rolleyes.gif
thumbsup.gif

apart from some people, I am using this thing, if you didn't know that, in 19 century, for every killed whale there was one dead man, same ratio with sharks was much more in favor of humans then.

I am just saying that sperm whale is far more dangerous than any shark, if sperm whales would be attacking swimming people, it would be far more dangerous than sjark attack, but anyway, SORRY EVERYBODY, I am not gonna write anything about sperm whales here anymore.

I don't think that there are any megalodons here left, but I may be wrong.

Edited by Paulwhale, 19 October 2005 - 08:02 PM.

#55    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:16 PM

I don't think that there are any megalodons here left, but I may be wrong.

Who knows?

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#56    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:00 PM

We are probably underestimating the number of real shark attacks.  Only the ones in which the victim is recovered are actually counted.  There are hundreds, if not thousands of situations every year in which people in the water simply "disappear".  Many, even most of these could be predation by "larger" sharks, but even killer whales and some exceptionally large bony fish.  Sperm whales too are capable of swallowing humans, but being deeper water animals, they would encounter humans in their environment very infrenquently.  One modern case of probable sperm whale human predation was a matching pair of rubber boots found in a stomach.  Everything less durable had been digested away, and highly unlikely the whale would have swallowed two matching boots floating in the water.  One maybe, but not a matching pair.

#57    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:50 AM

and Jonah and the Whale

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#58    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:01 AM

Frogfish, the hebrew word used in describing the creature in the book of Jonah is "Tannyn" which is normally translated to "dragon", or to fundamentalists, "dinosaur".  It was changed to "fish" or "whale" in modern times simply because most people don't believe in dragons anymore, and thougt this would make the bible more "realistic".  In ancient Christian art, made before modern editors "changed" the bible, the creature depicted as swallowing Jonah is a very reptilian looking, long necked, "dragon" which was well known in all the cultures of the ancient mediterranean basin.
Since you apparently believe in God of the Bible, use some common sense here.  How could a person survive even minutes if swallowed by a fish or whale?  Now consider that the bible clearly states the the highest heavenly servant creatures are the seraphim "dragons".  Such an intelligent creature, with specific instruction not to kill Jonah, could have held him alive in its throat.  The early Christians fully understood this, which is why Jonah is always being shown swallowed by a dragon in their artwork.  The tendency to turn all dragons into evil creatures began in the middle ages when the christian doctrine changed to say they were "creatures of Satan", etc to terrorize the peasants into obedience to the church.  Saint Augustine for example, when commenting on dragons gave them no evil connotations but said instead that such magnificent beasts magnified the glory of God for it was He that created them.

#59    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:39 PM

How could a person survive even minutes if swallowed by a fish or whale?

Because God protected him...use common sense original.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#60    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:16 PM

Uh huh, Frogfish, more magical hocus pocus.  What's your explanation then why the original Hebrew scripture said it was a "dragon", and the early Christians always depicted it as a "dragon"?, and why these same "dragons" reside in heaven and sing praises to God?  I'm not making this up, the scriptures are in your Bible, you can translate the words from the original hebrew, and you can see all of the "Jonah dragons" from Christian art in Museums, (and also the mosaics and ancient ivory Bible covers depicting the soul-devouring, "Covering Cherub-dragons that form God's living throne).  So is all the ancient Hebrew and Christian scriptures and archaeological evidence "wrong" and modern fundamentalists have "seen the light" and believe the "praise singing dragons",  are nothing more than walnut-brained dinosaurs that survived a world wide flood as passengers on Noah's ark?  Now which theory really seems stupider?  The one based on Biblical scripture and archaeology which my book documents, or the one which was simply "invented" by a Christian fundamentalist "cult" in the last 50 years or so?  But then, fundies still don't realize that the fantasy fallen angel "Lucifer" is nothing more than a translation mistake that never existed, and that their  minsisters are terrorizing their congregations over nonexistent demons simply plagiarised from pagen theologies, that are causing "distubed" mothers to drown their children in bathtubs.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 21 October 2005 - 12:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users