Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Heaven And Hell

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Event Horizon

Event Horizon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• "My mission to screw one girls from every country"

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:02 PM

I heard a theory from a mediun that when you die the concept of heaven and hell or what you experience is manifested into what you believed heaven or hell is like when you were alive.So simply you create your heaven or hell.

#2    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Ich Sehe Alles, und alles ist gerade dabei laut aufzuschreien.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:05 PM

Event Horizon:

I believe you have an awesome point.  I personally do not believe hell as literally being in the "bowels" of the Earth, brimestone & fire, etc.  I believe we make our own hell.  It is a state of mind.

As for what Heaven is, I'm as confused as the next person!  disgust.gif

Edited by amybutts, 24 September 2005 - 08:05 PM.

#3    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(Amy)
I believe we make our own hell. It is a state of mind.

As for what Heaven is, I'm as conf
er the fact.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#4    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:16 PM

I heard a theory from a mediun that when you die the concept of heaven and hell or what you experience is manifested into what you believed heaven or hell is like when you were alive.So simply you create your heaven or hell.

I have stated it this way
Heaven or Hell is what you make it to be. thumbsup.gif

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#5    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:21 PM

I have stated it this way
Heaven or Hell is what you make it to be. thumbsup.gif

Hell is what you make it alive, so you don't have to suffer it after you die. Heaven is what you deserve if you succeed. You have to go through Hell to go to Heaven.

ABSOLUTION

#6    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Genghis Khan

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

Hell is what you make it alive, so you don't have to suffer it after you die. Heaven is what you deserve if you succeed. You have to go through Hell to go to Heaven.
No.
The context of what I was saying is that, heaven and hell is a state of mind. It is how you feel about what you have done in your life. If there are things you did that you are ashamed of or if you are happy with the things you have accomplished.
In the Christian context, heaven and hell to me are nothing but works of fiction.

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#7    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,752 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:27 PM

IMO I think of these two as adjectives to describe a state of beieng Hell being a really bad day, being in a relationship that is hell, this is a hellish hot day, hoping someone you are mad at "rots" in hell ( knowing full well thats not possible because there isn't really  a hell) Heaven to me is having an hour to do just what i want I have said this is heaven, eating a really gooey choclate cake this is heavenly, again not an actual place ,when I told my kids there is no easter bunnys or Santas or tooth fairys no Gods no heavens no hells, they said I knew that or I thought so, Namaste sheri

#8    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:21 PM

Fairytale or not, "Hell" is not even a Christian concept, it was a pagan Greek concept that the Christians copied to make their new religion more familair among the pagan Greeks who were there biggest converts.  The concept of  "Hell" before this paganization of scripture was being devoured by "dragons" that resided in Heaven (according the the Apocolypse of Baruch and other works).   This may have a connection with the dragonlike beast that swallowed the souls of the wicked in Egyptian mythology.  There was no punishment of a fiery Hell in the old Testament which Jesus endorsed as the word of God.  It was "added" by his followers after the fact.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 27 September 2005 - 11:25 PM.

#9    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:34 PM

You answerd your own question. A state of mind but after the fact.

You said it is a state of mind 'after' the fact. Amybutts wasn't answering the question, because there was no question.

ABSOLUTION

#10    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:38 PM

No.
The context of what I was saying is that, heaven and hell is a state of mind. It is how you feel about what you have done in your life. If there are things you did that you are ashamed of or if you are happy with the things you have accomplished.
In the Christian context, heaven and hell to me are nothing but works of fiction.

Again, you said 'after the fact', this is about what you experience right now (not just a state of mind ) that you feel is Heaven or Hell. How I understand it is that you go through it in daily life. You don't plan to go to Hell, some 'plan' to go to Heaven. I myself have no plans for either. So what I go through is either Heaven or Hell in my life now.

ABSOLUTION

#11    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:42 PM

I was hoping I was right about it, but you see, 'life' itself is a 'dying' process. According to some people as well as I do...

ABSOLUTION

#12    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Genghis Khan

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:58 PM

As for what Heaven is, I'm as confused as the next person!  disgust.gif

You said it is a state of mind 'after' the fact. Amybutts wasn't answering the question, because there was no question.

Amy sort of had a question and I tried to answer it. thumbsup.gif  So yes there was a question.

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#13    A vortex

A vortex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:09 PM

Love to all

In all you be in all states of being in all you are as you walk here
Heaven or hell exists in ever thought then you live in the planet of choice earth
All states of being live in the perception of how you see it your judgments  
In spirit we sit in love of all for all you do here is what you do and all are truly love
Heaven and hell live in the earth plain and is the creation of every individual in every instant as her or see walks here

Love to all you be                

now you have heard it from a channel  wink2.gif
have fun and party hard

wub.gif

#14    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:22 PM

Amy sort of had a question and I tried to answer it. thumbsup.gif  So yes there was a question.

Define "Sort of" without a question mark.

ABSOLUTION

#15    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:25 PM

Love to all

In all you be in all states of being in all you are as you walk here
Heaven or hell exists in ever thought then you live in the planet of choice earth
All states of being live in the perception of how you see it your judgments  
In spirit we sit in love of all for all you do here is what you do and all are truly love
Heaven and hell live in the earth plain and is the creation of every individual in every instant as her or see walks here

Love to all you be                

now you have heard it from a channel  wink2.gif
have fun and party hard

wub.gif

IF only you knew. The OR in 'Heaven or Hell' is where the existence is a question. I have no one to ask. So go ahead with love and communicate, but if you have a question, be careful to ask. That is all I can say for now....

ABSOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users