Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Heaven And Hell

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    A vortex

A vortex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 02:27 AM

IF only you knew. The OR in 'Heaven or Hell' is where the existence is a question. I have no one to ask. So go ahead with love and communicate, but if you have a question, be careful to ask. That is all I can say for now....

original.gif by have a awesome life

#17    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

Define "Sort of" without a question mark.
Read it this time.

As for what Heaven is, I'm as confused as the next person! disgust.gif

See no question mark!

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#18    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:31 PM

Read it this time.
See no question mark!

Let me show you that it wasn't a question, it's a statement: but can be turned into a question.

"As for what Heaven is? I'm as confused as the next person."

So I understand you say "sort of" about - 'I'm confused as the next person'- but not in her answering her own question if she asks "As for what Heaven is?".
That is what I mean. She didn't ask. It sounds like a question, so you assume she asks and then you say "you answered your own question".

ABSOLUTION

#19    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:36 PM

Event Horizon:

I believe you have an awesome point.  I personally do not believe hell as literally being in the "bowels" of the Earth, brimestone & fire, etc.  I believe we make our own hell.  It is a state of mind.

As for what Heaven is, I'm as confused as the next person!  disgust.gif

So you can make your own Hell, it's a state of mind, NO QUESTION. We make our own Hell, NO QUESTION.

As for whta Heaven is?

Question: Is it a state of mind as well as what we make all our own?

Or are you as confused as the next person, being that if you make your own Hell> that there is no possibility of making your own Heaven, because of that confusion???

ABSOLUTION

#20    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

This picture will say it all. no.gif

Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#21    Vlad Tepes

Vlad Tepes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:17 AM

Of course there is Heaven and Hell.But this concepts were created for the human mind to understand them.Heaven is green, etc...Hell is fire, etc.....The concepts are made for the limited mind of humans.I'm sure it's smth else, maybe similar with this ones but i hope i'll find the first one  tongue.gif

#22    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:33 PM

This picture will say it all. no.gif

Monkeys are people too, 'as confused as the the next person'. w00t.gif

Edited by PFlack, 04 October 2005 - 02:33 PM.

ABSOLUTION

#23    SerenitysRiver

SerenitysRiver

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

• Lady Serenity of Moe, Goddess of Mongeese.
    Reflections are merely what we see in ourselves.

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:24 AM

I remember a friend who was in a show once without me.... Her director was very involved in parapsychologicalesque studies. (Wow, that was an awkward word.... or pseudo-word....) I cannot recall at the moment, but he had "evidence" that lead him to believe that our concept of Heaven and Hell is skewed.... and that the life we live now is Hell. Our ascent from this Hell (death) signifies our atonement, our forgiven state. We gain a tabula rasa state of existence and are able to live in a Heaven-like afterlife.

I don't know if I believe it, but it's nice to think about.

I don't even know if I believe in an afterlife. I only pray I can spend eternity with my loved ones.

Posted Image
"Just remember: Guns don't kill people; puppies kill people."-Fluffybunny
"Honors students are still evil human beings.... they're just better at it." - my teacher
"We do lots of interesting things in the locker room.... that sounded differently than it came out...." -Greg

#24    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:50 PM

That was the simple way of putting it for some people. But what is being asked is, do we make it for ourselves, or does someone (God/Devil) make it happen for us? So there is the way you make it for yourself if (God/Devil) doesn't, and the way you 'go' when you believe they do.

Then there are those, who are spiritually and not religiously involved who still think you make it for yourself. I happen to be one of them, actually...

ABSOLUTION

#25    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Ich Sehe Alles, und alles ist gerade dabei laut aufzuschreien.

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

Amy sort of had a question and I tried to answer it. thumbsup.gif  So yes there was a question.

Hahahahaha, I totally got what you were saying, Zandore!  wink2.gif

And yes, I was welcoming anyone else's answer.   original.gif

#26    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

So you can make your own Hell, it's a state of mind, NO QUESTION. We make our own Hell, NO QUESTION.

As for whta Heaven is?

Question: Is it a state of mind as well as what we make all our own?

Or are you as confused as the next person, being that if you make your own Hell> that there is no possibility of making your own Heaven, because of that confusion???

What I was trying to say is that I believe we create our own hell, yes.  I don't believe in literal brimstone and fire.

As for my response to Heaven, I guess you can just say I am still unsure, still learning, still seeking answer and welcoming ideas from other people.  I believe we have a creator and do not believe that when we die it is the end, but as to what "Heaven" is exactly, I am unsure.  Maybe there is no literal Heaven?? Guess I will have to wait and see....

#27    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:37 PM

..So you can get pretty tired of 'making your own hell' for so many years and by the time you die 'Heaven' takes over that 'making' process, and relieves you of your confusion??

It is with the whole confusion thing that I wonder keeps you on the earth after you die, if you don't know what to make of a heaven on earth. If your confused, wouldn't you die and still 'make your own Hell', even if you don't go to prison - or deserve to?

Hell is really just prison as it is...

ABSOLUTION

#28    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:51 PM

..So you can get pretty tired of 'making your own hell' for so many years and by the time you die 'Heaven' takes over that 'making' process, and relieves you of your confusion??

It is with the whole confusion thing that I wonder keeps you on the earth after you die, if you don't know what to make of a heaven on earth. If your confused, wouldn't you die and still 'make your own Hell', even if you don't go to prison - or deserve to?

Hell is really just prison as it is...

Well, first of all, Event Horizon was making a statement that we create our own Heaven and Hell.  I thought it was a good post and responding saying that yes, I believe we make our own hell, unsure about the rest.

But that no, I do not have all the answers that I do not know for sure what Heaven and Hell is.  Like I stated before, still learning, still reading and still listening to other people's responses and opinions.  And I am not making my own hell on earth, I am a pretty positive person and I don't think it will be held against me if I do not find all the answers I am seeking and die confused.  wink2.gif

Maybe those of us who are seeking answers will be enlightened when we die.  Maybe there is nothing there but six feet of dirt.  I think there is a difference between being "confused" about what you feel the hereafter is about when you die and binding yourself here.  If you believe there is something after we leave this Earth, and you seek answers, knowledge and evolve, would you not in the hereafter?

And maybe "confused" is not the best term I could have used.  Uncertain, may have been better?

Edited by amybutts, 07 October 2005 - 03:54 PM.

#29    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Genghis Khan

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:06 PM

Monkeys are people too, 'as confused as the the next person'. w00t.gif

w00t.gif  You agree with me on evolution! thumbsup.gif

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#30    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:35 PM

w00t.gif  You agree with me on evolution! thumbsup.gif

I agree with you on evolution.....

ABSOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users