Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Heaven And Hell

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:37 PM

Well, first of all, Event Horizon was making a statement that we create our own Heaven and Hell.  I thought it was a good post and responding saying that yes, I believe we make our own hell, unsure about the rest.

But that no, I do not have all the answers that I do not know for sure what Heaven and Hell is.  Like I stated before, still learning, still reading and still listening to other people's responses and opinions.  And I am not making my own hell on earth, I am a pretty positive person and I don't think it will be held against me if I do not find all the answers I am seeking and die confused.  wink2.gif

Maybe those of us who are seeking answers will be enlightened when we die.  Maybe there is nothing there but six feet of dirt.  I think there is a difference between being "confused" about what you feel the hereafter is about when you die and binding yourself here.  If you believe there is something after we leave this Earth, and you seek answers, knowledge and evolve, would you not in the hereafter?

And maybe "confused" is not the best term I could have used.  Uncertain, may have been better?

....And maybe "confused" is not the best term to use....

unsure.gif

ABSOLUTION

#32    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:00 PM

Hahahahaha, I totally got what you were saying, Zandore!  wink2.gif

And yes, I was welcoming anyone else's answer.   original.gif
Thank you ma'am

I agree with you on evolution.....

oh! unsure.gif

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#33    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• 1,422 posts

• The only difference between genius and ignorance is that genius has a limit

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:11 PM

The ancient Sumerian writings (long before Greek mythologies) spoke of a rebellion in heaven where the protagonist was defeated by a god and sent "downward" in exile.  There is little doubt that this tale was later embellished and became part of religous dogma.  As far as being actual locations designed for the rewarding of the good and the penallties of the evil, that I doubt very much.

#34    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:45 PM

Well, Ive been through the 'confused' part, right now it's a 'transformation' as far as I'm concerned. I don't see Heaven as clearly and understandably as I would Hell. Because I see Hell as prison after all, and anything beyond that couldn't possibly be all that Heavenly. Of course there's Heavenly on earth and Heaven itself. So I suppose I am only confused to the point I know I don't deserve prison, and I don't deserve paradise. So what I have in between I am not confused about but.........
It's a fraction of Hell and a fraction of Heaven put together, so
I adapt and I transform.

Edited by PFlack, 08 October 2005 - 02:46 PM.

ABSOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users