Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I was probed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#31    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 11:39 PM

I'm not so lucky, Mystify. I'm still waiting for some keys, but I'm not going to hold my breath ;D

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#32    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 24 May 2002 - 10:58 PM

:s7   O====]]] (My impression of a key)

Here's one for your collection Homer ;D

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#33    Lori Cordini

Lori Cordini

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 10:34 PM

I think you guys are rude!  To put it mildly.  This discussion board has an "alien" at the top...talks about the unexplained, paranormal, but yet when someone poses a question, serious or not, you attack with all the fervor of skepticism and hatefulness.  Rather hypocritical don't you think!  I personally have had some provound experiences with off-worlders and the history of humans leads much into off-world genetic engineering.
It has been some time since I visited or posted on this site and upon my return I was saddened at athe lack of activity...I can now see why!  Is it any wonder folks don't feel safe and secure sharing their experiences on a site with so much ridicule.  Once upon a time this was a good site...it has deteriorated to first rate crap by the moderators.   Any intelligent experiencer would indeed stay away.  Who is the weakest link?  Those who posted with the rudeness above this reply.  Good-bye!
:'(

#34    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 01 June 2002 - 11:37 PM

Lori you say that you have been away for the site for a while, I would guess from your last post that on your return you have not caught up on all the new threads and posts.  Because if you had, you would have seen that any poster  who has brought us a problem or just wanted advice ( but took the trouble to give us the facts) has been dealt with sympatheticly.
It is the poster of this thread and others like him/her who by making sensational statements are trying to ridicule this forum and those who use it. Hence the replies they received.
I am sorry that you failed to see that.

:(

#35    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 12:40 AM

[blue]

Jeezly crow, I thought my advice was okay - middling. No need to tramp all over it.

And what's wrong with a little humour? You get through 90% of life by laughing at the absurdity of it.

By the way, what was the eighth, Becca_gurl?
:s9
[/blue]

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#36    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the

Thanks TO xx

Posted 02 June 2002 - 12:43 AM

???Lori,
I'm a little confused as to why u think we are rude to the person who posted this thread. If you read thru it completly u will find that Mystify and Magikman,LoonBoy all asked if it was possible to supply us with any other facts,and offered advice to that end.
This with coupled with the fact that the person who posted this was a guest and never came back to see any of the advice that was given makes this thread a little hard to be believed. I agree with u LB.
As for yourself Lori, everyone has a point of view, all are aired and welcomed here, it's a pity that you seem to perceive that we are only here to make fun of others, more often than not we laugh at each other and can take it all in good humour.

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#37    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 12:57 AM

Agreed....
No one here is ridiculed to say the least unless they've put them selves in a position that calls for it... like Jimmy Pots for Brains!! If any of you remember him.... well... I don't think I need say much about him.

One thing is for sure Lori, Over the past year that I have come to post on this this site I've learned some pretty basic Rules. Never ever say you are absolutely sure about something unless you can back it up with some pretty hard core evidence. Other wise it's an opinion and that's it. We all have opinions but are far and few from always having the answers or proof.
Secondly... never ask question about something with out giving all the appropriate info related to the topic, especially if we can't get them through any other means.... (such as a personal experience). None of us here can accurately tell someone the answer to a question involving a personal experience unless they've either experienced it or have all or most of the details needed to assess it properly.

IN MY OPINION...  your post was uncalled for. You didn't even bother to read the whole thread did you?   Other wise you would have seen that the initial poster never bothered to further his question.   So what... we took the time to have a few laughs using our imagination. But as you can tell many of us are here because given the oppertunity to hear a story or situation involving abductees and all the  facts pertained... we would be more than sympathetic and willing to listen and maybe learn a thing or two.

Anyways... I hate having to defend myself to someone who can barely keep up with the posts as everyone else here needs no explanation as to how and why we are the way we are on this board.

Peace

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#38    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,859 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 June 2002 - 03:47 PM

Once upon a time this was a good site...it has deteriorated to first rate crap by the moderators.

Lori,

You may indeed disagree with the replies to the original poster of this thread, but I don't quite see how that has lead you to the opinion that the forum moderators have deteriorated the forum to "first rate crap". Exactly which moderator(s) in particular are you referring to ?

Consider the amount of "first rate crap" and spam that would still be on this board before attacking those who do their best to keep things in check.

Furthermore, you need to realise that not every claim posted on this board is genuine. A one lined post saying "I was abducted and probed by aliens" is quite obviously going to treated by most with great skepticism.

#39    Lori Cordini

Lori Cordini

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 06:54 PM

Points taken on all accounts.  And I appreciate your honesty.  I had hoped to return and find some new and interesting experiences and posts.  Sorry for my expectations.   I have in the past shared a bundle of my experiences and I don't think I NEED TO DEFEND them with poloraid accounts, so to speak.  Perhaps it was because I had a shield around me because of Magikman's rudeness to me in the past, stating I was "delusional"   I guess I was hoping a board like this would be open to all possibilities of exploring the fantastic things that the world and the cosmos are about.  My mistake,  I actually thought this board was to share off-world contact.  To welcome experiencers, researchers, all those whose "normal" is the "paranormal"  I guess I was wrong.  (Not because of the probed post, but in crusing the other sections there isn't really much going on is there?  The board use to be so active.  Guess I will check from time to time and see how things develop.  Honesty and humor don't have to belittle..... :s03

#40    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 02 June 2002 - 06:56 PM

Lori,
     It seems as far as rudeness is concerned,  maybe you should look to yourself first.  Coming back to this board and accusing us of such,  with only a brief perusal,  is a fairly good example of the deed.

KC

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#41    Lori Cordini

Lori Cordini

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 07:11 PM

My apologies!  :D

#42    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the

Thanks TO xx

Posted 02 June 2002 - 08:04 PM

To welcome experiencers, researchers, all those whose "normal" is the "paranormal"  

Most of us( in fact all who are active on this forum) will testify to the fact that we do welcome all.
I myself have had many paranormal experiences and also being a Wiccan, this is a place that I can freely express those views without a predjudice.

Honesty and humor don't have to belittle.....  

They are not meant to belittle at all, you read the thread in Sceptics corner about religion in the world, I put my view across and one member of the forum (either Althalus or Druss) made a wise crack about it.
It did not belittle what I had put, nor did it offend me.
    As for honesty, we don't ask for polariod snap shots but it would be fair for the person posting to be as honest as they can, so we could give honest and open advice and opinons.
it has deteriorated to first rate crap by the moderators.

As for that I think SuRaMaN covered that matter and i think it was uncalled for

#43    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 June 2002 - 06:49 AM

well said Celtic,

Might I add to the last statement about this forum. I'm to say the least more than happy with all the new changes and upgrades Gareth has taken the time to put forth for us members who quite enjoy coming here.
You've done a fantastic Job as well as the moderators. I don't think it's said nearly often enough! Bravo!

Lori,
Get it straight. We are on your side if let be. We are here to help all whom is willing to be helped and willing to share. Stop making US all out to be the bad guys. How would you feel if the Forum had never existed??  I could only assume you've had more benefit than not by coming here and surely you  must agree with me when I say this site has helped many including your self wether it be for info, debate or just comfort knowing YOU are not alone. Personaly, I'm glad this forum is here and think deep down so do you.

I hope you get past your little upheavel against us and come back as someone willing to partake like the rest of us.

Mys

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#44    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 19 June 2002 - 12:26 AM

I've come to this discusion late, but i feel i should add my agreement what has been said above.

Anybody who really believed that they had been abducted, would provide a bit more information than that. The original poster, was obviously taking the mickey out of those who believe in abductions and probably went off laughing to his (imaginary) friends about how witty he was.  

never take me too seriously

#45    Guest_¤Star¤_*

Guest_¤Star¤_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2002 - 01:19 AM

you were abducted by aliens? Really? I think that's pretty cool!^^
Do you remember anything? what they look like? Or if you talked to them?
Nextime, tell them to stop by in LA! tongue.gif lol                                                

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users