Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New evolution spat in U.S. schools goes to court

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:19 AM

Intelligent design holds that nature is so complex it must have been the work of an God-like creator rather than the result of natural selection, as argued by Charles Darwin in his 1859 Theory of Evolution.

There's nothing intelligent about that. This would of been alright to teach if we were in the year 1600.

If they're teaching this in Science then teach Scientology in Religious Class

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#17    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:03 AM

The theory of evolution has many holes in it, so if intelligent design shouldn't be taught, neither should evolution. I personaly think that evolution is as retarded as a Fat man tryin to lose weight by eating a 14 foot sandwich and 3 buckets of bacon while standing on his head scratching his ass.

You can't see God.
You can't hear God.

How does that prove that something cannot exist unless you can see it and/or hear it? It doesn't. You cannot prove that something does not exist without being able to be felt, seen or heard, and neither can you prove that it does.

Maybe you guys came from big hairy apes, but I didn't.  whistling2.gif

Bows to the true creator.  notworthy.gif

Edited by ZeroShadow, 27 September 2005 - 10:07 AM.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#18    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:20 AM

Well, there is no way that a person that actually looked into the theory any deeper than a glance would say the statement I just read above.

The "many holes" of evolution does not equate anywhere near "Intelligent Design" when it comes to hard supportive facts, evidence, and data to back it up. I.D. is fiction, with nothing but conjecture to back it up. Evolution has a hundred years of science to support it.

The fact that you think we evolved from monkeys just kind of shows that you are not familiar with the concept and are regurgitating what you have been told(incorrectly btw).

Unlike religion, science never claimed to have every answer, and yes there can be changes when science finds something new. If a new fossil is found that changes what we understand the history to be, beit the timeline or the relationship to another species, science is flexible enough to fit that new evidence into is theory.

I took the time to read the bible and understand creationism, at least take the time to look into evolution long enough to know what you are shooting down.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#19    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:42 AM

As you can see, all of you hear are pretty boring. I make a joke saying we came from Monkey's, because everyone knows that's what alot of people think when you first hear "evolution", and they take you word for word, and take everything seriously. Why can't anyone understand jokes around here? Anyways, I don't beleive in religion, I beleive one should follow the bible and only the bible, not some priest or other "father" or whatever you want to call'em.

Faith is stronger than knowing.

But yeah, if they want to teach evolution, sure let them, it'll just add to the number of people who disagree with the theory.

Edited by ZeroShadow, 27 September 2005 - 10:51 AM.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#20    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:09 AM

If you were aiming for a joke, you missed by a long shot...a very long shot, but nice recovery...

Faith is stronger than knowing.

I disagree, and that is why I believe in what science produces.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#21    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:55 PM

If they're teaching this in Science then teach Scientology in Religious Class

No... evolution and scientology in church.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#22    manapa99

manapa99

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 01:00 PM

The theory of evolution has many holes in it, so if intelligent design shouldn't be taught, neither should evolution. I personaly think that evolution is as retarded as a Fat man tryin to lose weight by eating a 14 foot sandwich and 3 buckets of bacon while standing on his head scratching his ass.

OKay like what holes? can you even give one example?
how about this for ID they can't even test it... that's a pretty major scientific hole....
and just because they got some math guy screwing numbers to try and prove it doesn't make it real either....
again i have to say this... evolution is just as proven as gravity if you people don't know this or don't believe this then the religious community has done you a major wrong dealing with education, it's tie to get out a real biology book, or if you're feeling frisky take a look at darwin's own book he does quite a good job at proving his theory him self....

it seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I also cannot imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere.... Science has been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary.
Albert Einstein

#23    gollo

gollo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

Well i'm very sorry to break it to you all, but in fact everything was created by much greater presence than you can imagine

FSM the real truth

HAVE YOU BEEN TOUCHED BY HIS NOODLY APPENDAGE?  notworthy.gif

Posted Image
"I bet you have posters in your room with Spermwhales in bikinis." so spake CrazyHarry

"I shall not be there. I shall rise and pass.
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee." - Stephen Benet

#24    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:32 PM

ALL HAIL  THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MOSNTER!!!

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#25    Simbul

Simbul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:49 AM

Talon, I must say that you are already my hero. You are smart and make perfect sense. Its things like this that make me ashamed to be an American. -_-; I don't think creation should EVER be teached in schools, anymore than Adam & Eve etc...its bullsh*t.

"Everything we did was criticized. For about thirty years we lived with the world against us, accusing us of things we didn't do!"

- Ian Douglas Smith

#26    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:06 AM

ALL HAIL  THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MOSNTER!!!

notworthy.gif

I BELIEVE!

update:

Intelligent design advocate denies religious agenda

Just excuses and smoke screens. Blah. disgust.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users