Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Apartment ghost part 5

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:58 PM

ok, this is a short one.  the other night i was having trouble sleeping.  my wife keeps tossing in the bed all night now and we rarely get good sleep anymore.  

it was sometime in the middle of the night.  im frustrated because i cant sleep.  i opened my eyes and i was just staring into the living room when i see a woman's figure moving around.  she was a young woman, maybe a teenage girl.  at first i could see her pretty clearly and she appeared to be doing some ordinary activity (it looked like she was taking something off an invisible table where my couch sits and moving it into the table my TV is on- yes, i said INTO the table).  just looking there now i see there is an old phone table recessed into the wall behind my TV(we just put the TV in front of it because we needed the wall space).   she was definitely doing some kind of activity when i saw her and she kept repeating the same motion over and over.   i remember i looked closer and i could just make out moving arms and legs but i couldn't see much more because she appeared to be fading from view.  i was really tired and it didn't scare me at all- i was just was so frustrated about my bad sleep that i rolled back over and tried to get back to sleep.

ive been taking pictures of my apartment on a regular basis.  so far i havent seen anything worthy of posting, but if i do i will post it.  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#2    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:03 PM

well, the whole "into" the wall aspect makes sense to me (you knoe, because i'm such a ghost expert". But it just reinforces the theory of ghosts acting only in the environment they remember at their present time, not the true present time. If they are a conscious entity or not, or just a 'recording' of nature we cans ee sometime by fluke, it makes sense either way.

One thing you may try to research is, since you said something was in the wall? I think, maybe you could check to see the construction history of the building and if any walls were added/moved in the are where you saw the entity.

Or you could just watch it, feel lucky, and say to yourself "You know, I have a ghost....This is very rare...I should play the lattery tomorrow"

#3    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:10 PM

Interesting little story. I won't insult your intelligence by asking if you were really awake or not. Sounds to me like a classic replay ghost - not a ghost in fact, by some definitions - but 'trapped' film playing over and over.

Warning. I'm about to get carried away. If it is a replay ghost it means that this little scene is playing itself out all the time, whether you see it or not - the girl is endlessly moving something from one piece of phantom furniture to another. Something that night merely gave you the rare faculty to see it.  

#4    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:19 PM

i very well might have been in that half awake state but that seems to be the only time i see anything.  ive smelled a perfume smell once during the day when i was wide awake, but otherwise i haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#5    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:22 PM

If you think you might have been half awake then we could be in the realms of hypnagogic dreaming - where reality and dreams blend seamlessly and hallucinations in your consensus reality are more than common.

#6    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:23 PM

Maybe you can stand next to that spot continuously mocingsomething, and a bond might form (like worker's on an assembly line). Then you can say Hi.

yeah that's it..

#7    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:38 PM

well, i wasn't dreaming.  i was too mad about not being able to sleep.  groggy maybe but definitely awake.

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#8    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:51 PM

Oh yeah, I'm just about to move into a condo my Fiancee' and I just bought which was inhabited by an Elderly couple who's son passed away. I just "he" doesn't decide to come back looking for them, as he used to spend a lot of time there. or, I hope the strong emotions following his death aren't "written on the walls" for better terms.

#9    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 05:11 PM

it could be a replay ghost or you could have been so tired that you were imagining it. were you sick then? everytime i have a fever and can't go to sleep i literally start losing it. i laugh for no reason, and talk to people who aren't there. i reinact stuff out of movies in my bed then laugh like a maniac again. my dreams are short and feverish, and i am constantly hovering between reality and fantasy. so i know what it's like to start losing it and going insane. thumbsup.gif  

Jesus died for everyone, but if you were the only person living, he'd still die just for you. --- Uranium101

#10    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 08 August 2003 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (uranium101 @ Aug 8 2003, 07:11 PM)
i laugh for no reason, and talk to people who aren't there. i reinact stuff out of movies in my bed then laugh like a maniac again. my dreams are short and feverish, and i am constantly hovering between reality and fantasy. so i know what it's like to start losing it and going insane. thumbsup.gif

laugh.gif  Well... hm..naaaah... too easy...  laugh.gif  

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#11    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 08 August 2003 - 07:46 PM

No comment Uranium101

ph34r.gif gunsmilie.gif

p.s i thought the kids went back to school dontgetit.gif  

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#12    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 04:05 PM

i go back to school in 5 days, everyone should be in school within 2 weeks. of course, i'll just come here when i'm in the computer lab working on some crappy lesson on stuff i already know. devil.gif of course, i got busted for doing something like that last year... but who cares?

Jesus died for everyone, but if you were the only person living, he'd still die just for you. --- Uranium101

#13    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 12:53 PM

I care uranium101. Studies are very important. You should concentrate on those. Don't fritter away your education posting in this forum when you should be working. We'll just struggle on as best we can without you, and if we hear nothing more from you when school starts we can at least all be happy in the knowledge that you are getting yourself a good education.  

#14    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 09:16 PM

*sigh*. aslan sounds just like the principal that time i- never mind. but i am in advanced math (though i hate math) and don't do as bad as you all did. i think. it was only 2 c's... dontgetit.gif hmmmm... i'm hungry... dontgetit.gif  

#15    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 09:17 PM

yum, that icecream was good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users