Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lost Continents

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    etvisitor7

etvisitor7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:26 PM

original.gif  Mounting evidence indicates that the lost continents of Lemuria (Mu) and Atlantis actually existed thousands, possibly millions, of years ago. Civilisation reached towering heights of achievement in that golden era. Highly advanced spiritually, socially and technologically, the people lived an idyllic existence amongst verdant, luxuriant vegetation. But this paradise did not last forever. Some species of animal were reproducing at a prolific rate. Giant mammals and birds decimated the people's crops, huge lizards stalked the land, and gigantic dinosaurs attacked the human race so that people were forced to band together in fortified communities. The danger from dinosaurs became so great that people resorted to digging shelters beneath the ground, or dwelling in caves to hide from the predatory creatures.
   This may sound like the stuff of fiction and fantasy, but there is mounting evidence in support of the idea that humans and dinosaurs COEXISTED. I challenge readers of this post to read with an open mind and heart, and to seriously consider evidence in favor of this idea (evidence that I'll present shortly). All true scientists patiently study evidence open-mindedly over a long period of time before reaching any conclusions. They do not allow preconceived biases, prejudices and emotional attachment to worn-out theories to cloud their judgment and cause them to rush into rejecting any new theories, just because they are new and unusual! Science is constantly replacing old theories with new ones, even though many scientists often fight tooth and nail to protect their pet concepts. Perhaps the coexistence of dinosaurs and humans will eventually replace the presently accepted idea which says the exact opposite. The truth will win out eventually, even if there are still some scientists willing to go down kicking and screaming in defence of obsolete theories.

Limitless, undying love which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on and across the universe. We'll all shine on like the moon and the stars and the Sun. My mother was of the sky, my father is of the earth, and I am of the Universe, and you know what it's worth. There are UFOs over New York, and I'm not at all surprised!---John Lennon.

#2    Creepy_Steve

Creepy_Steve

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:32 AM

original.gif  Mounting evidence indicates that the lost continents of Lemuria (Mu) and Atlantis actually existed thousands, possibly millions, of years ago. Civilisation reached towering heights of achievement in that golden era. Highly advanced spiritually, socially and technologically, the people lived an idyllic existence amongst verdant, luxuriant vegetation. But this paradise did not last forever. Some species of animal were reproducing at a prolific rate. Giant mammals and birds decimated the people's crops, huge lizards stalked the land, and gigantic dinosaurs attacked the human race so that people were forced to band together in fortified communities. The danger from dinosaurs became so great that people resorted to digging shelters beneath the ground, or dwelling in caves to hide from the predatory creatures.
   This may sound like the stuff of fiction and fantasy, but there is mounting evidence in support of the idea that humans and dinosaurs COEXISTED. I challenge readers of this post to read with an open mind and heart, and to seriously consider evidence in favor of this idea (evidence that I'll present shortly). All true scientists patiently study evidence open-mindedly over a long period of time before reaching any conclusions. They do not allow preconceived biases, prejudices and emotional attachment to worn-out theories to cloud their judgment and cause them to rush into rejecting any new theories, just because they are new and unusual! Science is constantly replacing old theories with new ones, even though many scientists often fight tooth and nail to protect their pet concepts. Perhaps the coexistence of dinosaurs and humans will eventually replace the presently accepted idea which says the exact opposite. The truth will win out eventually, even if there are still some scientists willing to go down kicking and screaming in defence of obsolete theories.

What kind of evidence do you offer?

#3    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:42 AM

how come human-like fossils never went back more than 50 million years ago?

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#4    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:42 AM

So who rules Atlantis? Aquaman or the Sub-Mariner? Thats the real mystery my friends.

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#5    Hmm

Hmm

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Prove it.....with FACTS!

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:24 AM

So who rules Atlantis? Aquaman or the Sub-Mariner? Thats the real mystery my friends.

Lol, thatís great, I giggled like a schoolgirl over that one.

But seriously.....are you serious etvisitor7?  If you are going to put in phrases like "Mounting evidence indicates...", and "mounting evidence in support...", you had better back it up with real evidence.  Give us some sources.  It amazes me that you know details about their lives, such as the decimation of their crops, pillaging reptiles, technological advancement and shelter digging.  That begs the question, if they were so technologically advanced, why couldn't they defend themselves from these threats?
But anywho, you ask us to "seriously consider evidence", when there is no evidence presented.    You state "All true scientists patiently study evidence open-mindedly over a long period of time before reaching any conclusions", disregarding all evidence to the contrary, which, btw, scientists HAVE studied "open-mindedly" and have come to the conclusion that this hypothesis is ridiculous.   Looking forward to seeing your "evidence", make sure you back it up with some reputable sources plz.  I can never understand why people feel the need to do that whole "stay tuned for next week...." bs when they put forward this stuff.

Edit:  Oh, and for Jebus's sake, please don't present that fake human foot next to dino foot picture hoax as evidence.

Edited by Hmm, 10 October 2005 - 03:25 AM.

#6    indeed

indeed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

• The process of searching for a solution is more
    important than the solution itself.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:35 AM

I can never understand why people feel the need to do that whole "stay tuned for next week...." bs when they put forward this stuff.

I agree, it seems they want the whole drama level to go up  hmm.gif

#7    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:12 AM

not even 50 million years ago frog.

etvisitor, those 1950 'horror' films of godzilla and dinosaurs... they aren't real. what you watched wasn't a documentry.

and by the by. you said you'd present evidence a lil later on in your OP, but you didn't, did it fall off the page?

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#8    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:11 PM

This may sound like the stuff of fiction and fantasy, but there is mounting evidence in support of the idea that humans and dinosaurs COEXISTED. I challenge readers of this post to read with an open mind and heart, and to seriously consider evidence in favor of this idea (evidence that I'll present shortly).

I wait with bated breath  tongue.gif   Although really you should be publishing this evidence in Nature or Science rather than here.  There's a nobel prize at the very least for anyone finding genuine evidence that dinosaurs (as we know them) co-existed with humans  yes.gif

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#9    The Roswell Man

The Roswell Man

Poltergeist

• 2,662 posts

• "Assumption is the mother of all f*** ups''

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:14 PM

my money on when he comes back its BS we have seen before and he says 'it taken ages of research to find out what i have' etc,etc.....
or hes just a attention seeker and by replying to this thread,  we are adding fuel to the fire and 'feeding' his ego... mellow.gif  hmm.gif

HONOURARY MEMBER OF THE JEDI FLIRT LEAGUE NUMERO UNO

''FEEL THE FORCE''

Posted Image

#10    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:47 PM

Actually, even Carl Sagan pondered why the idea of being devoured by dinosaurs or dragons has had such an impact on the human psyche.  He never purported man actually lived with dinosaurs, but attributed it to latent memories stored in our genes of our earliest mammalian ancestors that had been terrorized by dinosaurs, and gave rise to the worldwide belief in dragons.   But  65 million years seems a long time to retain such memories.
Perhaps there is some truth to the beliefs in "dragons"which appear so eerily similar in so many different cultures around the world.  Obviously though, if real, there is something about them that must approach the realm of the "supernatural/paranormal", for they cannot be a "natural" lifeform, or fossil evidence of them in historical times would surely have been found by now.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 10 October 2005 - 06:51 PM.

#11    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:11 PM

Anything is possible, that does not mean it is probable. Dinosaurs are not dragons and other than literature theres is no proof of dragons. Just the need for you to believe in dragons.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#12    etvisitor7

etvisitor7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:56 PM

In "Worlds Before Our Own" (1978), Brad Steiger writes:

"From the mouth of the Illinois River at Grafton to Alton (Illinois), a distance of 20 miles, the Mississippi River runs from west to east, and its north bank (the Illinois side) is a high bluff. When the first white men explored the area, they found that some unknown muralist from some forgotten tribal culture had engraved and painted hideous depictions of two gigantic, winged monsters. The petroglyphs were each about 30 feet in length and 12 feet in height.
   Father Marquette, the celebrated Jesuit priest-explorer, wrote in his journals of discoveries of the Mississippi, published in Paris in 1681: "As we were descending the river, we saw high rocks with hideous monsters painted on them and upon which the bravest Indian dare not look. They have head and horns like a goat; their eyes are red; they have a beard like a tiger's and a face like a man's. Their tails are so long that they pass over their bodies and between their legs under their bodies, ending like a fish's tail. They are painted red, green, and black, and so well drawn that I could not believe they were drawn by the Indians, and for what purpose they were drawn seems to me a mystery."
   In a small volume published in 1698, Father Hennepin, another early explorer of the wilds of the west, wrote: "....The Illinois Indians told us likewise that the rock on which these dreadful Monsters stood was so steep that no man could climb up to it, but had we not been afraid of the Savages more than of the Monsters, we had certainly got up to them.....While I was in Quebec, I understood M. Jolliet had been upon the Mississippi and obliged to return without going down the River because of the Monsters I have spoken of who had frightened him...."
   The two enormously large petroglyphs were clearly visible on the north bank of the Mississippi, immediately where the Illinois State Prison was later built at Alton. Traces of their outlines remained until the limestone on which they had been engraved was quarried by the convicts in about 1856.....
   Whatever the petroglyphs truly represented, all the Amerindian nations of what then constituted the Northwest Territory had a terrible tradition associated with the creatures they called THE PIASA (or Piusa)."   yes.gif

Edited by etvisitor7, 10 October 2005 - 09:11 PM.

Limitless, undying love which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on and across the universe. We'll all shine on like the moon and the stars and the Sun. My mother was of the sky, my father is of the earth, and I am of the Universe, and you know what it's worth. There are UFOs over New York, and I'm not at all surprised!---John Lennon.

#13    etvisitor7

etvisitor7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

Actually, even Carl Sagan pondered why the idea of being devoured by dinosaurs or dragons has had such an impact on the human psyche.  He never purported man actually lived with dinosaurs, but attributed it to latent memories stored in our genes of our earliest mammalian ancestors that had been terrorized by dinosaurs, and gave rise to the worldwide belief in dragons.   But  65 million years seems a long time to retain such memories.
Perhaps there is some truth to the beliefs in "dragons"which appear so eerily similar in so many different cultures around the world.  Obviously though, if real, there is something about them that must approach the realm of the "supernatural/paranormal", for they cannot be a "natural" lifeform, or fossil evidence of them in historical times would surely have been found by now.

Draconic chronicler, your thoughts are a light in the wilderness. Very informative! I would suggest that dragons have more than one meaning, including the following: (1) they symbolise dinosaurs, especially the winged variety known as the PTERODACTYL; (2) they symbolise "fiery chariots" of ancient times, now known as UFOs; (3) they represent the fiery Kundalini energy located in human beings at their Base of the Spine Chakra.   yes.gif

#14    etvisitor7

etvisitor7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:44 PM

Brad Steiger continues: "Sometime in the 1840s, Professor John Russell of Jersey County, Illinois, explored the caves WHICH THE PIASA (legendary winged monsters in Native American tradition) WERE SAID TO HAVE INHABITED and reported "INNUMERABLE HUMAN BONES littering the stone floors." This adds weight to the Native Americans' account of a flying monster with a craving for human flesh. Are they talking about a winged Pterodactyl?
   Some of the Amerindian traditions say that the Piasa enjoyed bathing in the Mississippi and was a very rapid swimmer. When it was in the River, its movements caused huge waves to cover the banks.
   It is time that Native American traditions were taken far more seriously. We need to believe Amerindians when they assert that such tales are in fact historical accounts, not just mere myth. Why are so many white people quick to dismiss these stories as pure fantasy? Their attitude is an insult to the Native Americans' intelligence.  
     yes.gif

#15    saladins follower

saladins follower

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

• screw bush,im going back to africa

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:14 PM

its possible we could have died out with the dinosaurs, and started the whole evolution process all over again. but still dont know rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users