Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lost Continents

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    indeed

indeed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

• The process of searching for a solution is more
    important than the solution itself.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

I thought we were going to get evidence for "Lemuria (Mu) and Atlantis " but so far all I can see is Native American Petroglyphs, myths and stories of possible Pterosaurs hmm.gif

Or is that still coming ?

#17    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:32 PM

Eric, if not a single religion in all the world has any basis of truth, then you are right, dragons probably do not exist depite the fact that that virtually every world culture and religion has believed in them.  But if just one religion has a basis of truth, then dragons are probably some kind of real entity, for the same reason that they do appear in virtually every religion.  Simply put, if "God" is real, than so must be His dragons.

ET, you will probably be interested in my new book, for it examines the dragon legends throughout the world, and ties them all together with a hypothesis for their actual existence.  Friends who have read it, think it quite convincing, and are amazed how much dragon lore exists in some religions and cultures that they never imagined.  The Piasa figures prominently in the "America" chapter, but understand that a "white" American created some of the stories, in fine Anglo Saxon dragon-slaying tradition, and falsely claimed they were Indian legends.

Don't be offended if there is nothing about Mu or Atlantis even if they are supposed to have dragons, because this books is based on the surviving legends and records of better documented "historical cultures acknowledged to exist by everyone.  Personally I believe Atlantis is based on the Mycenean Thera, destroyed in a volcanic catalcylsm.  I do not believe there is evidence for any dinosaur surviving the KT extinction, though "dragons", if real,  undoubtedly saw their origins in a type of prehistoric archosaur from the same era.

The book is almost ready, and I will announce it here when actually available.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 10 October 2005 - 10:51 PM.

#18    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,744 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:38 PM

In the legends of my people (the Nanticoke), the Piasa was called Aman'gamek or "water cougar". These creatures lived on the Mississippi. They were the creatures that had caused the "Great Flood" of North America. Now the actual North American flood was not the Biblical Flood. The Biblical Flood happened when the Mediterranean Sea overflowed into the Black sea basin. Our flood happened when a huge glacier lake called by geologists "Lake Iroquois" that was situated about where the Great Lakes are had broken through its ice walls. Both floods happened about the same time but at different places. But that was still during the last Ice Age long after dinosaurs had become extinct.

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#19    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:45 PM

Eric, if not a single religion in all the world has any basis of truth, then you are right, dragons probably do not exist depite the fact that that virtually every world culture and religion has believed in them.  But if just one religion has a basis of truth, then dragons are probably some kind of real entity, for the same reason that they do appear in virtually every religion.  Simply put, if "God" is real, than so must be His dragons.

ET, you will probably be interested in my new book, for it examines the dragon legends throughout the world, and ties them all together with a hypothesis for their actual existence.  Friends who have read it, think it quite convincing, and are amazed how much dragon lore exists in some religions and cultures that they never imagined.  The Piasa figures prominently in the "America" chapter, but understand that a "white" American created some of the stories, in fine Anglo Saxon dragon-slaying tradition, and falsely claimed they were Indian legends.

Don't be offended if there is nothing about Mu or Atlantis even if they are supposed to have dragons, because this books is based on the surviving legends and records of better documented "historical cultures acknowledged to exist by everyone.  Personally I believe Atlantis is based on the Mycenean Thera, destroyed in a volcanic catalcylsm.  I do not believe there is evidence for any dinosaur surviving the KT extinction, though "dragons", if real,  undoubtedly saw their origins in a type of prehistoric archosaur from the same era.

The book is almost ready, and I will announce it here when actually available.

Actually, I don't think any religion is anything other than made up by man. Perhaps you should go on a quest to find a dragon. Find one alive or dead, then you can talk about the reality of a dragon. no.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#20    Accident

Accident

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:46 AM

I HAVE A THEORY!!!! ok you know how back in ice age, when the "humans" migrated wit hthe animals from asia,europe and other continets to "american " continents, they had to cross a "bridge" orp ath way over sea?, maybe htey built stuff on it ( i dont mean high tech buidlings i mena just roads or something...and maybe thats atlantis...then again i could be wrong..like always

The Meaning of life is that there is no meaning...

#21    Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

• "Feed on your nothing and you'll never live up to me."

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:33 AM

I'm all for the theory of the dragon being a product of human psychological developments of instinct.

But to believe that some painted rocks (provided they existed) was significant "proof", I think you should look over the concepts of the Scientific Method again.

I refuse to believe that story because it comes from the same breed of explorers who told of tales of golden cities and amazones in the New World.

I have my own theory on exactly what Atlantis was-but it has no true relevence to this conversation.

Show me some modern accounts, and hard archeological evidence. You've stated the problem, stated the hypothesis, but have yet to divulge any significant gathered information. Don't do this in clusters. SHOW US EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT. It's very frustrating. And all that's going to happen is that your theory is going to be shot down in flames if you don't give us convincing evidence, or something that can't be disputed beyond a reasonable doubt. I can easilly shoot down the accounts of imperialist explorers. I can't shoot down fossils and underwater ruins.

Posted Image

#22    Accident

Accident

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:35 AM

what does a drgon have to do with continets..or am i missing sometihng?

#23    Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:36 AM

Apparently, you're missing most of the thread.

Posted Image

#24    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,744 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:45 AM

I'm all for the theory of the dragon being a product of human psychological developments of instinct.
But to believe that some painted rocks (provided they existed) was significant "proof", I think you should look over the concepts of the Scientific Method again.

I refuse to believe that story because it comes from the same breed of explorers who told of tales of golden cities and amazones in the New World.

I have my own theory on exactly what Atlantis was-but it has no true relevence to this conversation.

Show me some modern accounts, and hard archeological evidence. You've stated the problem, stated the hypothesis, but have yet to divulge any significant gathered information. Don't do this in clusters. SHOW US EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT. It's very frustrating. And all that's going to happen is that your theory is going to be shot down in flames if you don't give us convincing evidence, or something that can't be disputed beyond a reasonable doubt. I can easilly shoot down the accounts of imperialist explorers. I can't shoot down fossils and underwater ruins.

You got it bro!
thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif
Every whiteman at that time twisted our myths and legends to fantastic proportions or added to, subtracted from, and royaly embellished! One idiot on these forums stated that we ,the Native Americans were the proof because we believed. What nonsense!

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#25    Accident

Accident

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:58 AM

oh i see it has to do with dinos right? srry original.gif

#26    Kesenai Tsumi

Kesenai Tsumi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• K-T. Call me K-T.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:49 AM

Dinosaurs? No. Pterosaurs? Maybe. I mean think about it. The thunderbird. The Piasa. Perhaps a smaller pterosaur survived the ice age in central america/south america where things would have been warmer. Later migrated north(heck if i know about any legends from south america...) and grew in size. Maybe, just maybe....

But probably not.

Astra non mentiuntur, sed astrologi bene mentiuntur de astris.

#27    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:40 AM

Raistlin,
The Spanish explorers believed there were more "cities of gold" to the North of mesoarmerica, because the natives told them so, often under torture.  This is because they believed in them too, even if it turned out these beliefs were false.

As for the piasa "dragon", many Europeans still believed such creatures  existed as current natural history "textbooks" of the 17th century plainly stated.  The Indians that this expedition met absolutely believed the creature(s) still existed and no amount of payment could induce them to go into its "territory".  It remains extremely curious that native americans perceived and recorded in their art a terrifying and intelligent flying predatory creature that though given a different name, were almost exactly the same as the dragons of Europe with no realistic evidence of previous "contact" to learn of the European "dragon".  

Eric,, as I said, the existence of true "dragons" can only be based on the premise that some supernatural force , or "God", for a better term, believed in by the vast majority of the human race, has some validity.  Then a very good case can be developed for dragons, for no other single supernatural entity in the world has been so widely believed in.

Perhaps the world's "lake monsters" seen by thousands of people in modern times (just as dragons have in earlier times), yet seem to supernaturally "vanish" without a trace, are in fact "dragons".  Perhaps there are no dragon bones to be found because none have ever died, for they are far more than just a "dinosaur".

But I agree, if all aspects of religion are "fake" then  dragons must be too.  But there are many unanswered questions about religion, paranormal, and supernatural activity, things which "science" cannot yet explain.  Though some is quite silly, some evidence is quite sobering.  That is the very purpose of this website, and why so many people visit it..

Edited by draconic chronicler, 11 October 2005 - 11:54 AM.

#28    Hmm

Hmm

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Prove it.....with FACTS!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:37 PM

You make these  far out claims that humans and dinosaurs walked the earth together hundreds of millions of years ago, then puts forward this as evidence?  Am I the only one that sees no connection to this claim?  Every primitive culture had lore of mythical creatures.  How can you pick out one instance and say, "this one is true", while all others are false?  Or maybe you think ALL myths are real, and there are giants to the north, a Cyclops in the Mediterranean, fairies in Erie, etc.  Your proof is a serious fallacy making one claim then providing "evidence" of another claim as proof.  All your proof is based on one fiction author?

#29    Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:45 PM

I think this person just wants to build the drama...

Or now being questioned, is pulling out their "mounting evidence" as they find it. D:

Posted Image

#30    dharmamonk

dharmamonk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

• An Aquarian Exposition

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:14 PM

What kind of evidence do you offer?

thats what I was about to ask. I read with an open mind, but I see no evidence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users