Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

what am i ?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16    Chris Palko

Chris Palko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

Welcome Chris Palko To the UM forum.

Chris have you looked at Deism?

www.deism.com

A link for you.

Thanks Zandore.  Desim.. never looked into it but as reading a definition on it maybe it can do me some good learning about it.. relates to how i believe in..

Edited by Chris Palko, 10 October 2005 - 09:21 PM.

#17    Chris Palko

Chris Palko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

by reading this i found what im apart of now..

i shall learn more on Deism.. again.., thnx zadore.

#18    Hmm

Hmm

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Prove it.....with FACTS!

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

Yes,  Tacitus spoke of Christus, believed to be Christ.  You are right.  Josephus,  Pliny the Younger, Lucian and  the Babylonian Talmud also are non biblical references to Jesus the man.  I was speaking of Jesus the Christ.

Edit:  nm, you found your answer

Edited by Hmm, 10 October 2005 - 09:41 PM.

#19    MALCHI41

MALCHI41

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:37 PM

To believe in Christ means to believe really that he is able to protect his word.And God knows he is able.However if you dont believe in the Bible really means that you have little faith in the power are in whom Christ said he is,THE SON OF GOD. Are you willing to at least give the Word of GOD a chance?WHICH means applying it to your life in order to develop the faith you need. Are you under the power of Reason?
Hbr 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

#20    hamellr

hamellr

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

• President of the Back in my day club

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:45 PM

I'd say you're intelligent.

#21    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,752 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:53 PM

if one chooses not to believe i nthe bible and what it says but do believe that there was a jesus there is a god.. just not the ones depicted in the bible.. whats that make me .??

im not a devil worshiper and never would be.. i just have no faith in the bible ..

whast that make me if i have no faith in such a thing.. again i believe theres a god a but not the one we are taught to believe in..  

am i an athiest ???

There is a sect that many of my tribe are members of called "Society of Friends" or Quakers. They do not have spiritual leaders ( Priests, Ministers, etc.) but sit in silence and meditate on Christ and his light. They each have their own personal beliefs and sometimes even stand up during their services (Meeting) and state their own opinions. They never argue individual beliefs because they vary to greatly but respect all peoples opinions. Now these are the traditional Quakers on the East Coast. I have heard on the West Coast they act more like Pentecostals or Baptists and are one the more radical denominations there. Maybe you should look into the traditional Quakers.  

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#22    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 23,004 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:55 PM

To believe in Christ means to believe really that he is able to protect his word.And God knows he is able.However if you dont believe in the Bible really means that you have little faith in the power are in whom Christ said he is,THE SON OF GOD. Are you willing to at least give the Word of GOD a chance?WHICH means applying it to your life in order to develop the faith you need. Are you under the power of Reason?
Hbr 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The whole objective of relgion is to get you to agree to the Bible as a valid and vialble philosophy, yet the evidence is in if really applyed it doesn't work it actually generates alot of serious problems, the story of Jesus has translated out into how to be a Martyr,  The majority of people beleive themselves to not only be seperate from each other but the nature that supports them hence enters a disregard for nature and a serious abuse of it, I could go on and on, but this is the gentler side of spirituality   Also Faith is hoping what you beleive is true the evidence of boiblical faith is lots of blood shed and discrimination and anger of this Diety. Namaste sheri

Edited by Sheri berri, 10 October 2005 - 11:58 PM.

#23    Chris Palko

Chris Palko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:13 AM

Because i dont believe whom christ said he is in the bible.. makes me a person with no FAITH.???

and yes i am under the power of Reason.. i believe everything has reasoning.. not just assumption.

#24    antiaging

antiaging

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:39 AM

if one chooses not to believe i nthe bible and what it says but do believe that there was a jesus there is a god.. just not the ones depicted in the bible.. whats that make me .??

im not a devil worshiper and never would be.. i just have no faith in the bible ..

whast that make me if i have no faith in such a thing.. again i believe theres a god a but not the one we are taught to believe in..  

am i an athiest ???

I suppose you are like the guy at this website:
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp
allow page to load.

This is your Life!

#25    Chris Palko

Chris Palko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:57 AM

SO what did people before the time 30 AD believe in ??  just curious.

#26    Accident

Accident

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:11 AM

maybe omeone post this already but i know hteres a word for someone who doenst belive in hevean nor hell , nor satan or god....forgot it >_<

EDIT:
Hey down there original.gif kool, i forgot where i got this one but i didnt made it sad.gif...

( didnt want ot post jsut for that... would seem pointless )

Edited by Accident, 11 October 2005 - 01:16 AM.

The Meaning of life is that there is no meaning...

#27    Chris Palko

Chris Palko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:15 AM

^^^^^^  wow i have the same avatar in a different forum .

#28    Hmm

Hmm

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Prove it.....with FACTS!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:20 AM

Wow, in 30 AD, there were a plethora of different beliefs, most of which has died out.  Gnostics are an example, (except a small sect still living in Iraq).

#29    nick_fury

nick_fury

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

• Nick Fury!: Smarter than the average bear

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:37 AM

Wasn't Judaism around at that time as well?

#30    Pontius Pilate

Pontius Pilate

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:25 PM

I suppose you are like the guy at this website:
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp
allow page to load.

This is your Life!

I can't believe someone is using a Chich Tract to try to make a point.  Okay, here are some for you:
http://www.weirdcrap.com/chick/intro.html

http://bellend.strtok.net/~tyler/cthulhu/

http://www.jhuger.com/tract/tyd/

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I had him executed once before, and if he were actually to return, I would have him executed again!</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users