Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

what am i ?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

But Abraham was the father of the Jews, and he lived, what, about 4000 years ago? Didn't he promote the monotheism of the religion? Isn't a Jew a Jew by following the teachings of Abraham?

By all evidence, Abraham was nothing more than a myth, formulated along with Issac, Moses, Joshua and others by the YHWHist scribes that wrote the first five books of the OT (no, Moses didn't write them) around 563 BCE.  Therefore, the Jews did not practice what Abraham taught until 563 BCE when he was "invented"   yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#47    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:55 PM

WOW... So if i dont WORSHIP GOD ! i will go to Hell.??? interesting.

Depends on who God really is.  If he is the blood-thirsty god of the Jews and Christians, then yes you will.  However, there are many other religions that are just as likely to be the true religion as Abrahams 3 bloody children are, than don't believe in a Hell, only an afterlife.  You probably won't go to hell, we Deists don't believe a loving God would punish eternally for such finite sins as man can commit.   yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.

#48    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:57 PM

WOW... So if i dont WORSHIP GOD ! i will go to Hell.??? interesting.

Depends on who God really is.  If he is the blood-thirsty god of the Jews and Christians, then yes you will.  However, there are many other religions that are just as likely to be the true religion as Abrahams 3 bloody children are, than don't believe in a Hell, only an afterlife.  You probably won't go to hell, we Deists don't believe a loving God would punish eternally for such finite sins as man can commit.   yes.gif

#49    antiaging

antiaging

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:17 PM

I can't believe someone is using a Chich Tract to try to make a point.  Okay, here are some for you:
http://www.weirdcrap.com/chick/intro.html

http://bellend.strtok.net/~tyler/cthulhu/

http://www.jhuger.com/tract/tyd/

That might be what your real problem is, YOU CAN'T BELIEVE!.

Mark 16:15   And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:16   He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

#50    antiaging

antiaging

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:20 PM

By all evidence, Abraham was nothing more than a myth, formulated along with Issac, Moses, Joshua and others by the YHWHist scribes that wrote the first five books of the OT (no, Moses didn't write them) around 563 BCE.  Therefore, the Jews did not practice what Abraham taught until 563 BCE when he was "invented"   yes.gif

Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Joshua were all real people and servants of God.

Spock on Star Trek is a myth.

#51    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

Spock is as real as Abraham, Issac, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, David or Solomon!  Fictional Characters all!  No evidence for the existence of any of them except for a book of mythology written partly in the 6th century BCE and added to in the 2nd century CE or in a series of TV/Movie productions.  If you have proof otherwise (except the book of mythology) feel free to submit it.   yes.gif

#52    Chris Palko

Chris Palko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:46 PM

its like when people thought the world was flat .. then it was prooved it wasnt ...

Edited by Chris Palko, 13 October 2005 - 06:48 PM.

#53    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:14 PM

Sad but true Chris.....sad but true.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#54    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:27 PM

But until we can prove the non existance of Christ God and the Bible. How can we say anything that it does not exist.  original.gif

Spock is so hottie.  wub.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#55    Chris Palko

Chris Palko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:39 PM

But until we can prove the non existance of Christ God and the Bible. How can we say anything that it does not exist.  original.gif

Then how can we say it does exist .??

Just like word got around that the world was flat andthat you would fall straight off the earth if you sailed to far.. and it was because people that were sailing saw ships far ahead of them adn then they would vanish.. because it reality the world is round and as someone gets farther from you they will vanish over around the earth more..  

so in that the bible was wrote in the same way .. the only difference is., is that the world was proven to be round.. the bible and all its events ., havent  been ..

Edited by Chris Palko, 13 October 2005 - 07:39 PM.

#56    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:44 PM

Exactly.  thumbsup.gif

But as a Christian I have faith that it is all true.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#57    Chris Palko

Chris Palko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:55 PM

as a young 23 yrd male ., i was rasied to  respect everyone.. no matter if they dont respect me back .,  i respect everyone..  im glad i can have this conversation with all of you and everyone share thoughts and no one get offended or angry .. i like pople like you all and am glad i joined this forum to elaberate my thoughts more to poeple who are intelligent and broad thinkers.

thank you all . ohmy.gif)

#58    sanchera1978

sanchera1978

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:05 PM

Chris,

The day you stop questioning is the day you become fully brainwashed.  Why is it wrong to question god. Does your father get upset if you ask him a question about something you dont understand? Mako is correct that not questioning is how religions keep people under control. there is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning what people tell your or what you  read.  Only by asking questions will you ever find your own truths.  

Dont worry about classifying yourself as christian, athiest, agnostic, gnostic those are only names which really mean nothing at all.  a name is just a name.  IMO you are a spiritual being having a materialistic experience here on earth.   To love and learn from your experiences.

#59    Chris Palko

Chris Palko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:11 PM

^^^  Im no afraid to question god and the bible.. all my life ive questioned why things are the way they are now ..Most people i do debate with get offended and then claim me for bein something im not.   iwas brought upto believe what i feel i should believe in.. as long as i can share my reason why i chose to do what i do .  

my family are strong catholics. im a catholic.  so i guess i have sum what faith right because i was baptized and went through school..  adn read the bible... but i still question.. thatsme and always have been.  thnx friends.  tongue.gif

#60    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:29 PM

Then with that reasoning not only would the Christian God be real but ALL the God/Gods/Goddess/Goddesses be real. Are you ready for that?

He is old enough to be your Grampa!

Leonard Simon Nimoy (born March 26, 1931) is an American actor, film director, poet and photographer best known for playing the character Spock in the Star Trek television and movie series.
Source

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users