Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hillary Clinton Urges Katrina Aid for

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:56 AM

Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is urging the Department of Homeland Security to assure illegal immigrants that they will get their fair share of Hurricane Katrina relief aid without fear of being deported.

In a statement posted to her official Senate web site on Wednesday, Clinton said that the DHS should "issue a formal statement reassuring immigrant victims of Hurricane Rita and Katrina that they can seek help from relief agencies without fear of deportation or being turned over to immigration authorities."

In a letter written directly to Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff, Clinton and other Senate Democrats complained that they first asked for Katrina amnesty for illegals more than two weeks ago, but have not received a response.

"In fact," they said, "we were surprised and troubled to learn that DHS has placed some individuals in deportation proceedings after these individuals sought assistance, despite the fact that the government had previously encouraged all storm victims to come forward to seek help.

"Particularly given the widely publicized reports that DHS will deport some immigrant victims of Katrina who sought assistance, we believe such a public assurance is crucial." Mrs. Clinton urged Chertoff to "terminate removal proceedings against those [illegal immigrants] who were placed in proceedings after they sought assistance."

Other Senate Democrats who signed onto Mrs. Clinton bid to obtain Katrina aid for illegal immigrants include Harry Reid, Dick Durbin, Maria Cantwell, Barack Obama, Russ Feingold, Daniel Akaka, Frank Lautenberg, Joe Lieberman, Carl Levin, John F. Kerry, Chris Dodd, Pat Leahy and Jon Corzine.
Source
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round the criminals up and ship'em out. They deserve NOTHING!  thumbsup.gif

DHS is doing their job. Nothing less, nothing more... but are getting ripped on for doing it properly. blink.gif Hillary Clinton needs to open up her eyes a bit and needs to rub off that face of stupid. yes.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#2    Phobes

Phobes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:18 PM

People that are here illegally should be deported no matter what the circumstances.  I think that they should be given medical attention if needed, and should be treated like any other criminal.

#3    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:25 PM

People that are here illegally should be deported no matter what the circumstances.

What a pleasant example of humanity.
From what you have said, that means you would want two illegal immigrants, say a mother and child, deported, even if you knew that when they got home they would surely be tortured and murdered for their religious beliefs.

Forum Boy

#4    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:40 PM

We have to have some control of our borders. We have way to many illegals using our social services and paying no tax because they are paid in cash. I have no problem with a set number of legal immigrations, but we have stop this open border.

Edited by ericraven2003, 11 October 2005 - 08:02 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#5    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

From what you have said, that means you would want two illegal immigrants, say a mother and child, deported, even if you knew that when they got home they would surely be tortured and murdered for their religious beliefs.

Isn't that covered under persecution and asylum?

#6    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:53 PM

I don't know.
The guy said...

People that are here illegally should be deported no matter what the circumstances.

So I gave that scenario, say they hung onto the bottom of the Euro Train.
Or maybe the government didn't recognise their problem.

Just making a point, but maybe you are right, maybe they would be saved.

Forum Boy

#7    JayRob303

JayRob303

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

• Only in the darkness, can you see true light...The Steel Circle

*by Isis*

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:04 PM

I'm sure that under special circumstances there would be acceptions.  However, I tend to agree that if a person is here under illegal means, they should be treated as such.  Provide basic medical care, and ship them back to whatever country of origin they came from...  
Let me emphasize the word illegal.  There are millions of people that are allowed citizenship into this country by legal means.  
It's not our problem or obligation to impede the economics of our country to aid these people who bypassed the legal means, and entered our country illegally.  

On a side note, Mrs. Clinton is only making an attempt to obtain the votes of the growing minority...and with any luck...pissing off the people that were undecided in their votes, and will hopefully vote against her now.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

'Even now in Heaven there are Angles carrying savage weapons.' - Saint Paul

#8    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:16 PM

If Hillary gets elected, I will be the one wanting to move to another country. She is  real B. I always understood why Bill Clinton would want to cheat.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#9    I am me

I am me

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:19 PM

doesn't illegal mean anything to you?

#10    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:22 PM

good for her. Glad to hear she's pushing for this.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#11    JayRob303

JayRob303

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

*by Isis*

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:37 PM

In retrospect...so am I... devil.gif

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

#12    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:21 PM

Pushing for criminals that hurt America and have no right to be here... is good? blink.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#13    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

#14    JayRob303

JayRob303

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

*by Isis*

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:53 PM

Pushing for criminals that hurt America and have no right to be here... is good? blink.gif

Only when it's done by Mrs. Clinton devil.gif

#15    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:01 PM

Yes, helping everyone effected by the hurrican is a good thing. reguardless.

But then, why should it matter.. I am the heartless monster, ya know.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users