Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hillary Clinton Urges Katrina Aid for

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,257 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:23 PM

huh.gif Mekorig, aren't you contradicting yourself? Your the one that's always telling us to keep our noses out of other nations business. Now you think we should go and fix the problems in other courties so illegals don't want to come here?

#47    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:25 PM

So can I get angry then at the serial killer that kills for pleasure... because all he wants is pleasure? Surely, you would do the same thing in your position? Right?  

Again... you are blaming the victims instead of the criminals.

Kratos! That logic does not work in context with this discussion!
Illegal immigrants to not have victims. You can say the victim is the everyday joe who doesn't get a job, but IMO that isn't a victim.
It is not a crime in my opinion.

You would do exactly the same if you had to support your wife, several children and your parents. Example that is. You hear that in the USA you would get a better life, you would go!
There is absolutely no point in getting angry at these people.

Forum Boy

#48    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:34 PM

Kratos! That logic does not work in context with this discussion!
Illegal immigrants to not have victims. You can say the victim is the everyday joe who doesn't get a job, but IMO that isn't a victim.
It is not a crime in my opinion.

You would do exactly the same if you had to support your wife, several children and your parents. Example that is. You hear that in the USA you would get a better life, you would go!
There is absolutely no point in getting angry at these people.

Are you even looking at it? blink.gif Or just want to disagree with me?

Are you blind? Illegal immigrants have lots of victims. Every American citizen. They suck down billions each year in tax money, some commit more crimes once here and also with the lack of them coming here legally can bring all sorts of medical diseases over the border.

There is a bigger picture.

Yeah, I would try and do the same but I'd still be a criminal that leech off the hard working American because I want a better life. yes.gif There are laws for a reason, do you see that?

I can and will be angry and these criminals. They are stealing from me as well. Would it be any different if a guy came in to my house, stole my CD's to sell because well... he wanted a better life?

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#49    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:35 PM

I can and will be angry and these criminals.

Ahaha you are wasting your time! It is completely and utterly pointless being angry at these people when you would do exactly the same yourself!

Forum Boy

#50    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:37 PM

Ahaha you are wasting your time! It is completely and utterly pointless being angry at these people when you would do exactly the same yourself!

blink.gif They are still criminals.

Maybe I should go down to the border with a welcome sign so I can invite more illegal filth in to steal from hard working people?  rolleyes.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#51    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:57 PM

wacko.gif huh?  I don't understand that.

#52    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

Read the top post on page 3.

Forum Boy

#53    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

This topic only has 2 pages for me so far.  ph34r.gif

#54    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:02 AM

huh.gif Mekorig, aren't you contradicting yourself? Your the one that's always telling us to keep our noses out of other nations business. Now you think we should go and fix the problems in other courties so illegals don't want to come here?

World Bank, IMF, all heavy "influenced" by the USA and other western potencies. Cut the bedts of many third world countires (most given when the goverment was a friendly dictatoriship). If they dont use the money to raise the quality of life of their people, make it harder to comerce whit the USA and other potencies, not encoraging them. Instead of "sugesting" abusive trade treaties, think in another way of getting money, not using the Fruit Inc. schem. That were some sugestions that doesnt involve puting your noses in the inner political works of other countries.

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#55    Phobes

Phobes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

I would not do the same thing if I were in their place, because I have respect for the law.  There are millions and millions of immigrants that are here legally.  Most of them pay taxes and contribute to society.  

When someone enters this country without permission, it is a crime.  It is so pathetic that so many people want to look the other way when it comes to immigration.  I think that the borders should be more secure, and the people that are caught trying to enter should be jailed!!  The current policy is to just send them back (so they can try again).  

Why should people have to pay more in taxes to support people that have no right to be here???  

#56    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:17 PM

I agree with borders and everything, don't get me wrong, but when I look at the situation we live in, it seems pretty weird. Different people own different territories and don't let others trespass on them. Really, no one has a right to one piece of land. You aren't allowed to claim land on the moon or on other planets, I know we have history here on Earth, but it seems odd that a planet that we all share, we stop our own species fro going where they want.
I suppose it happens in nature too, and we are animals after all.
Fair enough.

Edited by Mr Ed, 17 October 2005 - 01:17 PM.

Forum Boy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users