Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who believes in magic? I am new

Sorcerer

Hello people, I am a new member and I want to introduce myself... I am the sorcerer.

My topic: Is there something like magic, and can it be controlled by human?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sorcerer

• Crow

• SpaceyKC

• Kira

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick answer:

Yes magic is real.

Long answer:

One type of magic, not the type that lets you say, shoot a ball of fire at someone, but more the kind that basically messes with your head, if you direct it at anyone, the type that practising witches use, as if it is not used properly it can harm, by making people ill, or even die if the spell is not done properly, or is made harmful.

Yes it can be controlled by humans, but only if they keep the rituals and also do not aspire to be more than they are, as I belive that the magic is given to the human by the 'old gods' the ones that predate christianity.

Like in the program that was on BBC2 in the UK, a while back, the witch felt and was violently sick as he passed a church, and he very nearly passed out for real, a little after he had gone away frm the church and could no longer see it he gradualy revivied.  

Hi Sorcerer!    

WELCOME!!!      :st

As for the topic of magic,  I do believe in it,  as with the slight of hand,  and tricking the mind/eye.  I wouldn't want to 'push my luck' messing with the deeper part of it - like casting spells, etc.   ;)

KC

[blue]

Hi Sorcerer  :s02

Personally, I do not believe in magic. I think most of it is sleight of hand, or in the case of voodoo psychological suggestion.

That said, I know a few male witches, and one told me of a witch who sent a spirit to hassle a guy who had caused him some annoyance. Yet to me this again is something akin to spiritualism, and not really in the realm of magic.

I love 'Lord Of The Rings' however. Just because I don't believe, doesn't mean I don't enjoy it...

:s03[/blue]

hello Sorcerer

I'm new too, so a BIG welcome from moi!

As for believing in magic, well, it depends on what you mean - Harry Potter (great books) and turning people into frogs, I'm not so sure about (I've kissed too many "frogs" in the hope they would turn into handsome princes, to  last me a lifetime!!

Define "magic" and I'm sure we can have a really good chat here.

Sorcerer,

I know you!!!  :s2 You get a lot of attention here when you say "I am new" and that is something we should keep that way.

I believe in Magik. Magik man is a really nice guy and he knows a lot. Oh you mean Magic, well, magic is always fake so you can't believe is, je can only enjoy it, and I do enjot it!

Odin Supreme :s9

Hi Sorcerer, welcome to the forum.

I agree with Loonboy, in that it's sleight of hand and/or psychological suggestion.

That said, magic is cool 8)

Well, all sorts of crazy stuff can be lumped as "magic" and as time goes on, some of it becomes defined as other things. For exampe, a lot of psychic phenomena matches what could be defined as magic. Telekenises, psychokenesis, telepathy, premonition; all of thes things can be seen as magic. Seeing as I believe in many of those... sure, I believe in magic.

-Test Bear

PS Welcome ah-board!   :sk

Welcome,

Magic (i believe) doesn't exist but the power of suggestion is very strong and for those who practice and believe in magic it does indeed work. I'm not saying that they are fooling themselves but are tapping into a kind of Placebo effect for want of a better way of explaining it.  It is real for them and others who also believe in it.

The mind is very powerful and has a greater control over the body than most realise, though if you think about it this should come as no surprise. I also believe that the mind has a limited ability to effect things outside of the body. Energy eminates from the body further than can be visually detected and i believe from my own experience that this can also be manipulated by the mind if one was trained to do so. Some people may call this the 'soul' but i feel it is 'just' energy pure and simple. we don't understand it yet but i feel we will someday.  

Surely magic is relative?

Show people of the rainforests a tv or even a battery powered torch and they will believe it is magic. The magic is eventually replaced with acceptance (or even apathy) once the "magic" events are eventually understood or explained.

Shame really 'cos a lot of "magic" goes out of ones life as one ages.  :'(

Hey SP,

Surprise the Mrs.  with a cup of tea while she's watching the telly!  LOL    ;D

That would be difficult at the moment as she is in hospital attempting to birth our son.

Original thought though.  :s4

if you believe that controling your energy is magic then the chinese/asians can do magic  

All you have to watch is Guniness Book of Records to prove it (that chinese/asian guy who walked on machetes and that other guy who put hot steel in his mouth which was about 900 degrees were people controling their energy). So if you call that magic then i guess it's real

SP,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :D

KC

Hey everyone :) not been here for a while......does that make me new all over again?? *lol* or not....hmmm

Anyway.......yes, I believe in Magic without a shadow of a doubt.... it's very real.....

Crow. What do you mean by real. Have you any proof that it works and in what way. Please tell. :sg

....hmm well i'm afraid I can't do that.....I can't prove it....but then i'm not talking about the kind of magic where you turn men into rats.....oh wait, don't need magic to do that anyway *lol* ....kidding......I mean the kind of magic that is deep within us all.....to protect, to heal, to nurture....magic isn't about flashy spell casting....I just know in my heart it's real, I have no proof to offer you.....

Hi Sorcerer

I too believe in magic.  Much of what is thought of as magic is sleight of hand or psychological manipulation.  However, there are things in this world that go beyond explanation - the beauty of the dawn or a glorious sunset, the smile of a grateful child, even love is a kind of magic (cue Queen playback!)  Personally, I believe that it is this genre of magic which sustains us and gives our lives quality.  There is even magic in art, (even Tracey Emmins' and Damien Hurst's!)

Could you envisage a world without these things?  I experience magic every day, do you?

Congrats by the way Sheffpud - let us know if it's a boy or a girl!

NessyK :st

Come on you say you believe in magic yet neither of you have given any proof, or experiences of it.

The magic of a sunset or a childs smile is not what the question was about. I think its magic when I pass wind, but that still doesn't count.

Is there a true Witch or Warlock out there who can answer a great question.

I can't but then I've had never been a warlock.

I'm only a cheeky little Devil.

:sg :sh :si :sf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people, I am back again, didn't have that much time.

I self believe in magic too, but not that magic like Harry Potter. But healing magic etc. are real...

The sorcerer

Hi all.

If anyone can give me an URL where I can find information about magic and stuff, please help me.

I am making a new site, and I just need this information, or else iot will take very long till I finish it.

Greetzz The Sorcerer  :se

Sorcerer,

Another one? You are  just unstoppable! I suggest that you go to Google and type "magic" or "wicca". Or go to this site:

MysteryDatabase.com ;D

Odin S.