Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

We Need A Fence!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:29 AM

But then most 1st world countries have this problem with illegal and legal immigrants. Here in England we are told that is it keeps filling up at the rate it is, by the year 2010 us British will be a minority in our own country! And we are an Island!

#17    AdNauseamSuiGeneris

AdNauseamSuiGeneris

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

• A man's character is his fate.

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

There is a simple solution to this problem, IMHO.

For now, we need our military on the border to stop illegal immigration until the border patrol can be retrained and re-equipped to properly handle the job. I mean they need to hire thousands of trainees, train them well, and arm them heavily.

I have no problem with open immigration, that is documented. If someone comes into this country, and that is all they have done, come here, and in that act have already broken a major law... What does that say about them? I would think that it means they will continue to breaking laws...

My opinion is we should have a 1 year amnesty program in the United States. Any illiegal immigrants that live here already can register, get a SS number, start paying taxes, and they can stay. After the cut off point they will be kicked out, "blacklisted" and never be allowed to return again.

After that, stick a well armed border patrol on the border, behind a fence, tell them if a person runs from them, shoot them. Cold hearted, yes. Necessary, yes.

Somebody also needs to make serious repercussions against the Mexican government as well. I am under the impression that they practically encourage illiegal immigration to the United States.

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to
Then He is not omnipotent.
If He is able, but not willing
Then He is malevolent.
If He is both able and willing
Then whence cometh evil?
If He is neither able nor willing
Then why call Him God?
-Epicurus

#18    coldwhitelight

coldwhitelight

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:22 PM

But then most 1st world countries have this problem with illegal and legal immigrants. Here in England we are told that is it keeps filling up at the rate it is, by the year 2010 us British will be a minority in our own country! And we are an Island!

Ethnic Europeans will minority in Britain in 2010?

For now, we need our military on the border to stop illegal immigration until the border patrol can be retrained and re-equipped to properly handle the job. I mean they need to hire thousands of trainees, train them well, and arm them heavily.

Calling out the Military to patrol the American-Mexican border is illegal. Sending out the  Military to an area of the United States will just lead to an occupation of it's own land and people.

This is why America has the National Guard. The National Guard is under state and federal law to meet to needs of both State and Federal governments. Since America is not at war with Mexico there is no reason to put federalize troops on the ground.

Border patrol is the job for law enforcement or Federal law enforcement. The American-Mexican border should be Patrol by the Border Patrol and a assisted by the National Guard.

Edited by coldwhitelight, 31 October 2005 - 05:30 AM.

#19    Hmm

Hmm

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Prove it.....with FACTS!

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

My opinion is we should have a 1 year amnesty program in the United States. Any illiegal immigrants that live here already can register, get a SS number, start paying taxes, and they can stay. After the cut off point they will be kicked out, "blacklisted" and never be allowed to return again.

I agree with everything you stated but the quote I posted above.  My wife is a legal immigrant to this country, and she is now working on becoming a citizen.  It is a lot of work and a lot of time invested into the process, and to have a bunch of illegals absolved of their crime, and rewarded for breaking the law, grr, that idea pisses me off.  Hell, would they be required to take the citizenship test that she has to?  I bet not.

#20    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:15 AM

I don't know about an actual FENCE, but i thought there was some barbed wire, chicken wire, or something like that. again, not a fence, but at least some semblance of one? hmm.gif

A fence would be cheaper in the long run and it would provide extra national protection. thumbsup.gif

Hmmm (no pun intended).......sounds familiar..
Oh yeah! Cold War Era Berlin!

The Berlin wall was designed to keep people prisoners in their own nation, not from illegally entering another nation. yes.gif

I already signed it. I am proud to say at least one of the stae legislatiors from Colorado waas on the border recently with the Minutemen.

That's awesome! original.gif

that site is probably fake anyway, they will just want to get your details for stuff like insurance fraud, stuff like that

No, it's not. It's a project of Let Freedom Ring. thumbsup.gif

I agree for the most part with you, RagePatriot. Just not on the amnesty program. Why should we AWARD criminals for commiting crime? Doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather have Homeland go through and start picking them up and shipping them out of this country.

Calling out the Military to patrol the American-Mexican border is illegal. Sending out the Military to an area of the United States will just lead to an occupation of it's own land and people.

This is why America has the National Guard. The National Guard is under state and federal law to meet to needs of both State and Federal governments. Since America is not at war with Mexico there is no reason to put federalize troops on the ground.

Border patrol is the job for law enforcement or Federal law enforcement. The American-Mexican border should be Patrol by the Border Patrol and a assisted by the National Guard.

Nah, they would just do border patrols in greater numbers. Plus if we put actual military in there it would stop criminals from coming across a littl bit knowing there is trained military personal waiting for them. Even then, it wouldn't be really enough to stop it. A fence would provide much better protection.

Simply adding more border agents won't work unless there is one every hundred yards or so along the entire border. That would require between 150,000 and 200,000 agents and support personnel, rather than the 11,000 at present, and an annual budget of five to ten billion dollars.

Source

I agree with everything you stated but the quote I posted above. My wife is a legal immigrant to this country, and she is now working on becoming a citizen. It is a lot of work and a lot of time invested into the process, and to have a bunch of illegals absolved of their crime, and rewarded for breaking the law, grr, that idea pisses me off. Hell, would they be required to take the citizenship test that she has to? I bet not.

See, that would be extremely unfair to your wife and all other legal immigrants. They actually had to earn their citizenship. A criminal doesn't deserve any free passes because they are a criminal!

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#21    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:49 AM

Hey... don't diss mexicans... I know a nice girl from Cancun tongue.gif

Ugh.... I don't really mind the mexicans getting in, seeing as though I'm not American tongue.gif
It's obvious you guys have different views tongue.gif

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#22    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:02 AM

Ugh.... I don't really mind the mexicans getting in, seeing as though I'm not American tongue.gif

It's just not the Mexican people. It's for all illegal immigrants. thumbsup.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#23    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:22 AM

Most of which are Mexicans? tongue.gif
Yeah, I know what you mean....

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#24    beast_boy

beast_boy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

• and just how many of these "magic beans" did you eat? o_O

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:59 AM

i resent this whole thing..especially "its gotta be a large fence to keep all them mexicans in" "all them mexicans"? excuse me? this topic should be closed.. please somebody do so.

*to the tune of iron man* i am ice cream man.. running over fat kids in my van... when i ring the bell... all the little fat kids run like hell... O_O O_o o_o ._o ._. <backing up
Posted Image

NO! NO! BAD! NO! STUPID MONKEY! NO!!

is that a ufo? that's a bird.  oh. is THAT a ufo? that's bigfoot. aww damn.

#25    PadawanOsswe

PadawanOsswe

Propaganda Advertisement Exec. of the NWO

• 3,324 posts

• Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water and MAKE it drink!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:31 AM

i resent this whole thing..especially "its gotta be a large fence to keep all them mexicans in" "all them mexicans"? excuse me? this topic should be closed.. please somebody do so.

one of the worst redneck jokes i've ever heard.

this is not to keep any body in, but to keep illegals out. you do know that often illegals turn to criminal jobs right?

The Official 13th Degree of The Steel Circle
Posted Image
May intelligence, rationale, and logic be with you!

Uwe Boll spelled backwards is Satan.

STOP UWE BOLL! BUTCHER OF GAMES!

Proud member of The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy!

#26    PadawanOsswe

PadawanOsswe

Propaganda Advertisement Exec. of the NWO

• 3,324 posts

• Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water and MAKE it drink!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:43 AM

were not dissing mexicans. in fact they are great people to have around,great work ethic. and most eccelent food! *mouth waters* tongue.gif

however...when you have all of mexico trying to get in Illegally... you are gonna have..

-Employment problems

-National Security issues

-Crime Rate going up

-etc...

also, Mexico is often used as a base of operations for people of many nations to illegally cross the boarder,including criminals and terrorists (thats where the National Security issue come into play).

Edited by PadawanOsswe, 19 October 2005 - 07:45 AM.

The Official 13th Degree of The Steel Circle
Posted Image
May intelligence, rationale, and logic be with you!

Uwe Boll spelled backwards is Satan.

STOP UWE BOLL! BUTCHER OF GAMES!

Proud member of The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy!

#27    marsha28

marsha28

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:11 AM

I just saw The Day After Tomorrow and it showed how Americans sought refuge in Mexico. They were not allowed to cross the border. what a reversal of fortune.

#28    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:17 AM

rolleyes.gif All illegal immigrants should be kept out. Just so happens a lot of them are in fact Mexican and should be kept out. Facts are not racist. thumbsup.gif

I just saw The Day After Tomorrow and it showed how Americans sought refuge in Mexico. They were not allowed to cross the border. what a reversal of fortune.

Yeah, I can make a movie about anything as well. Good for them? blink.gif I've never seen that movie but if something did happen where I would have to flee, I'd be running and singing "O, Canada".

#29    XNavyGunner

XNavyGunner

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:58 AM

Those of us who have to deal with illegals want a fence. And the military should be on the border. They're being wasted stationed in Europe, especially in Germany and Bosnia.

Also illegals are a drain on our economy. Hospitals along the border are going bankrupt and making CITIZENS pay more because illegals cannot be denied services, but don't pay.

Whatever their reasons for crossing the border don't fly. We are not responsible for what goes on in their countries and we are not responsible for taking care of them. They need to learn that America is no the world's babysitter.

Posted Image

Giggedy Giggedy Goo!!!!

#30    Hmm

Hmm

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Prove it.....with FACTS!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:04 AM

They need to learn that America is no the world's babysitter.

Exactly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users