Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

We Need A Fence!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:16 AM

So, tell me, when we stop taking in the poor, the tired, and the huddled masses, where, exactly, are they going to go?

Nothing to see here.

#32    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:19 AM

So, tell me, when we stop taking in the poor, the tired, and the huddled masses, where, exactly, are they going to go?

Live in their own countries. We shouldn't have to support them at all. They are criminals. They steal billions each year from hard working citizens and legal immigrants. We have laws and rules for a reason. thumbsup.gif

If you don't like this idea, don't sign your name.

Edited by __Kratos__, 20 October 2005 - 01:20 AM.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#33    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:22 AM

Well, then, let's just hope to god you never have to be a refugee, Kratos.

Nothing to see here.

#34    JennRose

JennRose

Poltergeist

• 2,284 posts

• All power rests on hierarchy: An army is nothing but a well-organized lynch mob.
    --Edward Abbey

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:24 AM

No, we can't take in everyone in need on this planet, but we can still leave this country open for people to have a better life, LEGALLY.  This country was built on the backs of  citizens fleeing from other nations, Kratos.  If we shut down our borders, we should shut down Liberty Island.

Posted Image

#35    PadawanOsswe

PadawanOsswe

Propaganda Advertisement Exec. of the NWO

• 3,324 posts

• Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water and MAKE it drink!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:25 AM

they can make a living for themselves if they LEGALLY entered the U.S. otherwise, get them out. if they cant get jobs in Mexico, thats Mexico's problem, not ours!

The Official 13th Degree of The Steel Circle
Posted Image
May intelligence, rationale, and logic be with you!

Uwe Boll spelled backwards is Satan.

STOP UWE BOLL! BUTCHER OF GAMES!

Proud member of The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy!

#36    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:29 AM

No, we can't take in everyone in need on this planet, but we can still leave this country open for people to have a better life, LEGALLY.  This country was built on the backs of  citizens fleeing from other nations, Kratos.  If we shut down our borders, we should shut down Liberty Island.

Well... maybe you should have read the site first...

Such a fence could be designed with up to two hundred legal crossing points to accommodate commerce, tourism and legitimate commuting. Although expensive in terms of initial outlay, in the long term it is both less expensive and more effective than any other solution currently being proposed.

Source

See, the fence would still allow legal immigrants to come through for a better life. thumbsup.gif I don't have a problem with any legal immigrants, just the illegal ones.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#37    XNavyGunner

XNavyGunner

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:37 AM

Not our problem. We have trouble enough taking care of our own. Why should we be responsible for them?

Also where would we get the resources to take care of them? they be sucking at the government teat, and that money would come from the taxpayers. And I already pay enough as it is.

Posted Image

Giggedy Giggedy Goo!!!!

#38    coldwhitelight

coldwhitelight

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:46 AM

Those of us who have to deal with illegals want a fence. And the military should be on the border.

America is not at war with Mexico, there is no reason to put federalize troops on the ground. Border patrol is the job for both law enforcement and Federal law enforcement. The American-Mexican border should be patrol by the Border Patrol and a assisted by the National Guard.

Well, then, let's just hope to god you never have to be a refugee, Kratos.

Don't! confuse illegal immigration with refugees those are two different situation.

A. Illegal immigration is the act of moving to or settling in another country or region, temporarily or permanently, in violation of the law or without documents permitting an immigrant to settle in that country. People who are illegal immigrants (also known as undocumented aliens) are individuals who move to a new country either in an illegal fashion, or in a legal manner but then outstay their authorized time in the country.

B. A refugee is a person who flees in search of refuge, as in times of war, political oppression, or religious persecution.

Mexico is not at war with another country. The illegal immigrants that cross the Mexican border into America are not refugees. Next time get your facts straight.

Nobody wants to shut down the borders, just secure it.

Edited by coldwhitelight, 31 October 2005 - 05:32 AM.

#39    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:54 AM

Don't! confuse illegal immigration with refugees those are two different situation.

A. Illegal immigration is the act of moving to or settling in another country or region, temporarily or permanently, in violation of the law or without documents permitting an immigrant to settle in that country. People who are illegal immigrants (also known as undocumented aliens) are individuals who move to a new country either in an illegal fashion, or in a legal manner but then outstay their authorized time in the country.

B. A refugee is a person who flees in search of refuge, as in times of war, political oppression, or religious persecution.

Mexico is not at war with another country. The illegal immigrants that cross the Mexican border into America are not refugees. Next time get your facts straight.
Nobody wants to shut down the borders, just secure it.

I was using an exaggerated example, I know what the facts are. And no one is disagreeing that we need better immigration controls, but building a fence is just plain overkill.

Nothing to see here.

#40    PadawanOsswe

PadawanOsswe

Propaganda Advertisement Exec. of the NWO

• 3,324 posts

• Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water and MAKE it drink!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:12 AM

I was using an exaggerated example, I know what the facts are. And no one is disagreeing that we need better immigration controls, but building a fence is just plain overkill.

why? were not building the great wall, were just building a metal fence with maybe some barbed wire atop.  we need to do something....cause obviously our fortess barbed wire line isnt cuttin it.

plus in the long run this fence will be a cheap solution.

Edited by PadawanOsswe, 20 October 2005 - 03:13 AM.

The Official 13th Degree of The Steel Circle
Posted Image
May intelligence, rationale, and logic be with you!

Uwe Boll spelled backwards is Satan.

STOP UWE BOLL! BUTCHER OF GAMES!

Proud member of The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy!

#41    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:50 AM

With all the problems illegal immigrants cause, this wouldn't be overkill but a solution to stop criminals. Sure, it wouldn't stop all illegal immigrants but a vast majority of them would be stopped. In the long run it would be cheaper to build then let them keep flowing in to America stealing money from hard working Americans.

#42    Deception

Deception

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 199 posts

• Am a LEGAL Mexican-American Citizen. So stop trying to deport me......please.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:16 AM

What the hell are you all talking about? You got a fence. I know i climbed it 4 times.

I don't know how many crazy nights and messed up days this has been going on................but i like it.

#43    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:56 AM

What the hell are you all talking about? You got a fence. I know i climbed it 4 times.

Yeah, America has small ones, not one that goes all the way across the border though.

#44    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:42 AM

*compares China's population to America's*

Pfft, it's not THAT bad tongue.gif

Edited by Replacement100, 21 October 2005 - 06:42 AM.

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users