Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

666 my guess

Hitch

So I've been thinking about everyone and how they worry about the numbers 666 as the mark of the beast..

It occurred to me (probably others too) that the number 666 isn't referencing a number at all but a format of numbers.

Working with computers for the last 10 years, I started thinking about what kind of number would do anyone any good being stamped on a person's hand or head.

The answer I came up with is a MAC address.

For those of you who don't know what a MAC address is, it is the physical address of the network card inside of a computer.

An IP address on the internet can belong to anything and can be redirected, etc. A MAC address is unique to a PCs network card (hackers sometimes try to spoof these MAC addresses to conceal their PC's identity or location)

A MAC address on a person would be a great way to keep track of and identify a vast number of people and their money across computer networks all over the world.

What does a MAC address consist of?

6 sets of hexadecimal number combinations (triplets of 6, 666)

Go to the network properties of a Windows PC, select the network adapter and click configure. Look for MAC address or Physical Network Address to find your MAC address.

Just a guess on my part... I probably don't have all the details in this post, but seems interesting to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

Edited by Hitch

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• I AAAM

• 777MileStare

• StalingradK

Hahahah... no, if you believe in that hunk of junk, 666 is just the opposite of what god stands for get it? 333 is god, 666 is the devil. But I don't believe in number crap....

dude has a point. we willeventually out smart ourselves and technology will overun us. no doubt.. if we keep diggin deeper and deeper into our own knowledge we will extinct ourselves.. and then what a world of technology-robots, and self operated mahcines.. and us as slaves. !! ima buy me a freakin plasma cutter and get ready!

hate to let you in on this. revelations is written in the style of a political satire at the time, and most readers at the time would recognize the characters lampooned. 666 is gematria for nero caesar, and if you read the description of the beast carefully, and with knowledge of the symbolism at the time of writing, it is a perfect fit. of course, the writers of the new testament, the council of constantinople, either didn't know this or didn't care.

And the winner is... The guy with that avatar user posted image

I always entertained the fantasy that revelations was written by a schicophrenic. Just my thoughts namasteSheri

And in line with Gideon Mage's line of reasoning, any student of Latin will recall the famous phrase of the Roman Empire, "Veni, Vidi, Vinci." "I came, I saw, I conquered." The first and last letters of each word: vi vi vi ... in Roman numerals is equivalent to 666.

why does it have to mean anything? i think people read too much into the tiny details of the Bible

maybe its all the things that are 666... the whole combination of them.

this is my personal fav...

W = poltical slogan for george w bush

W

1. two points emerging from three. Two out of three is 666repeating

2. three points over two points. 3/2 = .666 repeating.

the antichrist is someone who works for a chist like cause in unchrist like ways.

George bush has hijacked the christian party to win his presidency. Now he is waging a war an ideological war that continues to escalate.

-----

but i dont believe his is THE antichrist, just a ignorant or enlightend puppet.

So I've been thinking about everyone and how they worry about the numbers 666 as the mark of the beast..

It occurred to me (probably others too) that the number 666 isn't referencing a number at all but a format of numbers.

Working with computers for the last 10 years, I started thinking about what kind of number would do anyone any good being stamped on a person's hand or head.

For those of you who don't know what a MAC address is, it is the physical address of the network card inside of a computer.

An IP address on the internet can belong to anything and can be redirected, etc. A MAC address is unique to a PCs network card (hackers sometimes try to spoof these MAC addresses to conceal their PC's identity or location)

A MAC address on a person would be a great way to keep track of and identify a vast number of people and their money across computer networks all over the world.

Go to the network properties of a Windows PC, select the network adapter and click configure. Look for MAC address or Physical Network Address to find your MAC address.

Just a guess on my part... I probably don't have all the details in this post, but seems interesting to me.

Hitch,

That is a really interesting take on things. I often thought that the mark of the beast could NOT simply be the numbers "666", because I think that even the most ardent atheists would refuse to have that stamped on their head or hand. I know that for awhile people suspected that the numbers 666 were actually some sort of binary code inside a computer chip that could be implanted in the body.

When I was in law school I took a technology law class, and they mentioned rather casually how people are looking into implanting computer chips in their bodies for various purposes. That freaked me out, because nobody even thought twice about that concept!

It would have to be something that doesn't OBVIOUSLY state "666" though, and I think your thoughts certainly bear some consideration.

Gideon was quite right that 666 was intended to mean Nero Caesar. Revelation was written with the expectation that all of those things would happen in the same generation it was written, and other examples are clearly aimed at the Roman government of John's time, which had exiled him on the Isle of Patmos. For example, the "Child" represents the newly formed Christian Church, and the "Dragon" seeking to devour it is the Roman government that was persecuting christians at the time. If that wasn't clear enough for its Christian readers, the dragon has seven head to represent the seven hills of Rome. Logic would dictate that since Jesus did not return, or anything else in that prophecy occured by 100 AD, when that generation died out, we must obviously recognize this was a "false" prophecy. Instead, though, people are making millions selling books about the apocolypse in our time, and fundamentalists think the Pope is the "anti-christ"!

I did find it curious however, that the Koran has exactly 6,666 verses.

Gideon was quite right that 666 was intended to mean Nero Caesar. Revelation was written with the expectation that all of those things would happen in the same generation it was written, and other examples are clearly aimed at the Roman government of John's time, which had exiled him on the Isle of Patmos. For example, the "Child" represents the newly formed Christian Church, and the "Dragon" seeking to devour it is the Roman government that was persecuting christians at the time. If that wasn't clear enough for its Christian readers, the dragon has seven head to represent the seven hills of Rome. Logic would dictate that since Jesus did not return, or anything else in that prophecy occured by 100 AD, when that generation died out, we must obviously recognize this was a "false" prophecy. Instead, though, people are making millions selling books about the apocolypse in our time, and fundamentalists think the Pope is the "anti-christ"!

I did find it curious however, that the Koran has exactly 6,666 verses.

Well, fundamentalists never liked Catholics, so it doesn't surprise me that they think the pope is the antichrist. :D

Seriously though, I did hear that theory before - I think it has something to do with the olive branch and prophecy of St. Malachy?

The bible says that someone with wisdom will be able to figure out that 666 stands for a persons name i dont know how this works but its there.

Haven't they recently discovered an older version of Revelations which gives the number of the beast as 616......?

Hello Dear.

The number 666 stand's for six hundred and sixty six Chinese Emperor Generations, which are made up of 39 of our Earth years. Satan who still currently sits on the board of the Eternals, of the Planet Hoova Said to the chairman of the board (Yahweh) and the rest of the panel that he could never see any good coming out of their newly created "Mankind", and that he would give this newly created humanity six hundred and sixty six generations to prove to them that we can become wise and peaceful, because this amount of time is how long it takes for a newly created humanity to dawn on science that can either be used in a positive, or a negative way to demonstrate to them if we can become wise and peaceful with our science, and to prosper with it, or in turn use it for the negative where we will eventually destroy ourselves with it.

The 666 generation clicked around the time the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima! A terrible start to the dawning of our new scientific age, and to show our goodness and wisdom to our creators!

Not much time left to wizen up, not much wisdom still, and too much greed in this World. This in our creator’s eyes must be an appalling situation to their experiment in freedom of choice and Gaining wisdom. We wait for December 21st. 2012 with much amazement to the outcome.

Amen.

We wait for December 21st. 2012 with much amazement to the outcome.

We'll have coffee at Starbucks on Dec 22, 2012 and discuss what went wrong with your prediction! :D;)

No...it's definitely Nero.

Is that spelled NIERO? ;)

We'll have coffee at Starbucks on Dec 22, 2012 and discuss what went wrong with your prediction! :D;)

Yeah, Yeah! Whatever...

LMAO

My spelling was correct. ;)

So it's not that mischief maker on our forums Claudius Niero?

At times I have to think twice.

Read the stories and make your own conclusions this brings us wisdom my young friend! :w00t: