Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dinosaurs Were Warm-Blooded!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Poll: Dinosaurs Were Warm-Blooded or cold blooded (36 member(s) have cast votes)

you decide

1. warm blooded (25 votes [69.44%])

Percentage of vote: 69.44%

2. cold blooded (11 votes [30.56%])

Percentage of vote: 30.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:01 PM

This is off-topic, I suggest you drop this or pm me.

Im sorry but I drop this the first time I replyed to your post...your the one that wouldnt let it go so Im just replying to your statements.

#32    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:04 PM

Uh...no, you waited several days and replied to me. And you keep going. Like you did today. Once again, we can keep this off the thread and you can pm me. I don't have  a problem with that.

Posted Image

#33    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:14 PM

I'm thinking that maybe RedX has a thing for Yelekiah...

Edited by T-Nemesis, 27 October 2005 - 09:14 PM.

#34    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:15 PM

Methinks this is true. yes.gif

Posted Image

#35    wabbit

wabbit

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

• "If a rabbit is raised indoors, it would be an ingrown hare."

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:19 PM

erm, so.. I had this really awful spaghetti last nite.. it was the frozen dinner kind my b/f likes to get for when we don't feel like making supper... the sauce was sugary and the noodles were.. erm..

what's the topic again?

oh yeah... dinosaurs.. warm or cold blooded..  

Once it was thought that all dinosaurs were cold-blooded - now many suggest that at least some were warm-blooded, which would help to explain why they became so plentiful and dominant for so long. If we examine today's  fauna , we find no large land  predators  that are cold-blooded, except for crocodiles that occupy only one very specific  ecological niche  and are basically water dwellers. The same is true of the entire  Cenozoic  era - virtually all large  predators  were warm-blooded.

Source

Even though it was believed that dinosaurs were closely related to cold-blooded reptiles, most dinosaurs had similar behaviors of a bird which is a warm blooded animal.  Believing dinosaurs were warm blooded would help explain the reason why dinosaurs were so dominant and plentiful for such a long period of time.

Source

Examination of dinosaur fossils seemed to suggest they were indeed warm-blooded. The remains of microscopic holes in the bone seemed to indicate tiny blood vessels had been trapped by the rapid growing bone tissue. Any animal growing that fast must be warm-blooded, scientists reasoned.

Source

After reading up a little bit on this subject, I would have to say that I believe Yelekiah is funny as heck and that dinosaurs were indeed more likely to be warm-blooded.  

Thank you. *takes a bow*  w00t.gif  rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif (choose appropriate smiley)  

#36    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:22 PM

Uhh no. Sometimes I just like haven the last word when I feel Im right...I also dont like it when people put words in my mouth

#37    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

(No one put words in your mouth. If you believe that, no one will see the end of this-it'll just go on an on)

Thank you, wabbit for those sources. I may add some links on why dinosaurs were warm-blooded as well.

Edited by Yelekiah, 27 October 2005 - 09:31 PM.

Posted Image

#38    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

Nice sources wabbit, Iv been to a few of them before.

#39    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:30 PM

http://www.zinkle.com/p/articles/mi_m1200/...158/ai_65860849
Here's an interesting one about teeth indicating it.

Posted Image

#40    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

(No one put words in your mouth. If you believe that, no one will see the end of this-it'll just go on an on)

Thank you, wabbit for those sources. I may add some links on why dinosaurs were warm-blooded as well.

huh.gif  mellow.gif  And im the one that wont drop this...look back to my first reply to your reply to me and you will see way I think these...
(Its been dropped)

#41    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:38 PM

(Its been dropped)

I'm just letting you know no one put words in your mouth. (shrugs) And don't forget you waited days to reply to me, which implies you premeditated it.
Great, it is dropped.
I'll post some more links.  grin2.gif

Posted Image

#42    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

I'm just letting you know no one put words in your mouth. (shrugs) And don't forget you waited days to reply to me, which implies you premeditated it.
Great, it is dropped.

....(My goodness) I dont know how your personal time runs but 1 day aint "days" in my world. I mostly come here once a day which would explain way I replyed so "late" to you. Using Common S you could imply this from the group of post I put at once which would show that I premeditated no thoughts of this over the course of "days" as you so boldly stated. Also what did I premeditated...forget it, like I said I have already let this go.
cool.gif

Edited by RedX, 27 October 2005 - 09:53 PM.

#43    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

Great, it is dropped.

'Conspiring to go off-topic'  laugh.gif

Uhh no. Sometimes I just like haven the last word when I feel Im right...I also dont like it when people put words in my mouth

You felt you were right? About what? about the face he has a strange sense of humour, or about the definition of the word 'Comedy' / 'Sarcasm'.  dontgetit.gif

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'm tending to go with the theory that the larger dinosaurs were warm-blooded and that the smaller dinosaurs were cold-blooded. Like it was said before, it wouldn't make sense if large dinosauurs were cold-blooded, they would have to spend every day-time hour heating in the sun to stay warm, and even that probably wouldn't be sufficient time to keep warm. I suppose a Mod should edit the poll and add in the 'Hybrid' option?

Edited by T-Nemesis, 27 October 2005 - 09:58 PM.

#44    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:03 PM

Also what did I premeditated...forget it, like I said I have already let this go.

If you look at all of your responses, you respond to those that have replied later than I have. And then respond to my early post. Thus, it is "premeditated" so you could mull over for a day on what to say to me. Hmmm...apparently you haven't.

BTW T-Nemesis, that's an interesting theory. And it would have been convenient for the smaller dinosaur.

Edited by Yelekiah, 27 October 2005 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

#45    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:23 PM

If you look at all of your responses, you respond to those that have replied later than I have. And then respond to my early post. Thus, it is "premeditated" so you could mull over for a day on what to say to me. Hmmm...apparently you haven't.

BTW T-Nemesis, that's an interesting theory. And it would have been convenient for the smaller dinosaur.

... huh.gif  Sorry if you think I need a day to think of something to say (I guess in your mind I have some super power that lets me see what your going to post so that I can think a few days before I post as in the case of how I can post so fast today.). But, Like I said, I mostly come here ONCE....ONCE a day so I wouldnt know what you said till a whole DAY later. Why would this mater>you respond to those that have replied later than I have. And then respond to my early post? If you reply to me with something I will reply back...what does order have to do with these??? huh.gif Your giveing yourself too much cridit...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users