Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dinosaurs Were Warm-Blooded!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Poll: Dinosaurs Were Warm-Blooded or cold blooded (36 member(s) have cast votes)

you decide

1. warm blooded (25 votes [69.44%])

Percentage of vote: 69.44%

2. cold blooded (11 votes [30.56%])

Percentage of vote: 30.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:24 PM

If you look at all of your responses, you respond to those that have replied later than I have. And then respond to my early post. Thus, it is "premeditated" so you could mull over for a day on what to say to me. Hmmm...apparently you haven't.

BTW T-Nemesis, that's an interesting theory. And it would have been convenient for the smaller dinosaur.

... huh.gif  Sorry if you think I need a day to think of something to say (I guess in your mind I have some super power that lets me see what your going to post so that I can think a few days before I post as in the case of how I can post so fast today.). But, Like I said, I mostly come here ONCE....ONCE a day so I wouldnt know what you said till a whole DAY later. Why would this mater>you respond to those that have replied later than I have. And then respond to my early post? If you reply to me with something I will reply back...what does order have to do with these??? huh.gif Your giveing yourself too much credit...

#47    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:25 PM

Ok:D Ok grin2.gif  lets play the word game.

You're telling me this isn't premeditated. By your OWN admission you want to play a game with me.

Posted Image

#48    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:32 PM

You're telling me this isn't premeditated. By your OWN admission you want to play a game with me.

....Uhh no. This is just something I say when people want to use words incorrectly and try to get jazzy with it (Try to use their incorrect words to prove a point and come at me with it.) Not a game as much as just getting nic-picky with words  huh.gif .

#49    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:34 PM

Hmmmm.....but I didn't use words incorrectly. You saw my definition, correct?  yes.gif
edit: Then I can say I want to get nit-picky with the word game. It's still a game...Now about those dinosaurs?

Edited by Yelekiah, 27 October 2005 - 10:36 PM.

Posted Image

#50    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:35 PM

^Not everyone uses words to their exact definition. But I'm confused, what are you even debating about now?  huh.gif

#51    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:38 PM

^Not everyone uses words to their exact definition.

True, and this applies with RedX who uses the word "game" in a different manner than the dictionary definition. Seems hypocritical...
But back to the warm-blooded dinos. sleepy.gif

Posted Image

#52    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:39 PM

^Not everyone uses words to their exact definition. But I'm confused, what are you even debating about now?  huh.gif

I dont know...like I said I let this go after my first reply to him...he keeps replying so I keep replying disgust.gif

#53    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:40 PM

True, and this applies with RedX who uses the word "game" in a different manner than the dictionary definition. Seems hypocritical...
But back to the warm-blooded dinos. sleepy.gif

No, it really is a game if you think about it
happy.gif

#54    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:40 PM

http://home13.inet.tele.dk/palm/warmweb.htm
I like this site as well.
(edit:He just admitted it was a game all along....and I as I've stated previously in post 49-"it's still a game")
edit: "different manner" meaning you're getting "nit-picky with words". That's not the dictionary definition.

Edited by Yelekiah, 27 October 2005 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image

#55    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:47 PM

Read the last line of my post. Joking means don't take my statement seriously. I was being sarcastic, it wasn't meant for comedic purposes. You do know what sarcasm is, correct?

...Do I really have to do this???You changed the meaning of your post from a joke to being sarcastic...which I didnt care about till you got jazzy at the end and then again with your next post.
sleepy.gif

Edited by RedX, 27 October 2005 - 10:48 PM.

#56    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:49 PM

I am being sarcastic. It simply means don't take me seriously or literally.
edit:

joking:Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality
(read it and weep)

Do I really have to do this. This is my previous post. I think you missed it. With sarcasm, you don't take someone seriously or literally, hence a joke, derr.

Posted Image

#57    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:55 PM

http://home13.inet.tele.dk/palm/warmweb.htm
I like this site as well.
(edit:He just admitted it was a game all along....and I as I've stated previously in post 49-"it's still a game")
edit: "different manner" meaning you're getting "nit-picky with words". That's not the dictionary definition.

Yeah, its somewhat a game you play to win a agruement that resulted from the incorrect useage of words...as in me correcting you which in turn ends the agruement over the useage of the word meaning. Nothing but me telling you why jokes and sarcasm are different which proves my point. Nice game aint it
grin2.gif ?

#58    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:56 PM

sarcasm: the use of irony
Uh...no, because when you're being sarcastic, no one should take you seriously...put the two together.

Edited by Yelekiah, 27 October 2005 - 10:56 PM.

Posted Image

#59    wabbit

wabbit

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

• "If a rabbit is raised indoors, it would be an ingrown hare."

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:06 PM

There once was an old lady,
She lived in a shoe,
She was warm-blooded and so was her brew
Let's go back to the dino topic please,
Or I'll have to get out of here on my knees

.. and that wouldn't be a pretty sight...

*takes a bow* we're here most of the night.. ty ty...

Scientists say dinosaur fossils with feather-like features suggest the creature was warm-blooded.

Source

Some are determined to prove dinosaurs were warm-blooded because they feel it strengthens their argument that dinosaurs evolved into birds. Some need to prove dinosaurs were cold-blooded because it strengthens their argument that dinosaurs evolved from reptiles.

Source

Modern reptiles are cold blooded. However, a series of startling finds suggests there may have been dinosaurs living at the poles. What does this tell us about the possibility of warm-blooded dinosaurs.

Source\

The more research I do on this subject, the more I find that Yelekiah is funny and that I'm getting more confused regarding dinosaurs being warm or cold-blooded...  hmm.gif  blink.gif

pssst, btw.. it's arguement and usage...

#60    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:14 PM

sarcasm: the use of irony
Uh...no, because when you're being sarcastic, no one should take you seriously...put the two together.

Whele I dont know how you see sarcasm as a joke that should never be tooken seriously because thats not it true meaning.
Sarcasm-opposite if what you really mean. This is not limited to joking around nor is it something no one should take you seriously with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users