Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dinosaurs Were Warm-Blooded!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Poll: Dinosaurs Were Warm-Blooded or cold blooded (36 member(s) have cast votes)

you decide

1. warm blooded (25 votes [69.44%])

Percentage of vote: 69.44%

2. cold blooded (11 votes [30.56%])

Percentage of vote: 30.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:18 PM

pssst, btw.. it's arguement and usage...

I guess Im getting too worked up to check blush.gif

#62    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:22 PM

Sarcasm-opposite if what you really mean.

Not necessarily. Sarcasm is the use of irony.
irony:The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning. And once again, I said don't take me literally. No one should take it literally if it's a "joke" because you obviously aren't supposed to take jokes literally. Read the definition of irony very closely.

Posted Image

#63    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:23 PM

I will say this ONCE to Yelekiah...let this go, this has been going on for way too long. I have so you should mellow.gif

#64    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:23 PM

I voted warm-blooded because they move like mammals. (joking)

...You make up some really cornny/weak/ odd and unclear jokes...
huh.gif  hmm.gif

Odd yes, because it's in response to the Dinosaurs Walk Like Mammals Thread and the debate in there. It's not my actual reason as to why they are warm-blooded. that's why it's a "joke". Meaning, don't take the statement seriously.  sleepy.gif

I find your "jokes" unclear because I dont know how its a joke or way you posted it for that mater
huh.gif  dontgetit.gif . Its not funny and it says nothing. I dont remember saying anything about your statment being serious...or saying anything about it to start so thats an other unclear statement to me rolleyes.gif .

Read the last line of my post. Joking means don't take my statement seriously. I was being sarcastic, it wasn't meant for comedic purposes. You do know what sarcasm is, correct?

QUOTE(Yelekiah @ Oct 27 2005, 08:07 AM) View Post

I'll put this  w00t.gif  next time to indicate sarcasm...so you don't get confused next time around.

QUOTE(Yelekiah @ Oct 28 2005, 06:49 AM) View Post

I use the word joking loosely-it can also mean I am being sarcastic. It simply means don't take me seriously or literally.
edit:

joking:Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality
(read it and weep)

QUOTE(RedX @ Oct 28 2005, 08:32 AM) View Post

....Uhh no. This is just something I say when people want to use words incorrectly and try to get jazzy with it (Try to use their incorrect words to prove a point and come at me with it.) Not a game as much as just getting nic-picky with words  huh.gif .

QUOTE(RedX @ Oct 28 2005, 08:47 AM) View Post

...Do I really have to do this???You changed the meaning of your post from a joke to being sarcastic...which I didnt care about till you got jazzy at the end and then again with your next post.
sleepy.gif

QUOTE(Yelekiah @ Oct 28 2005, 08:49 AM) View Post

Do I really have to do this. This is my previous post. I think you missed it. With sarcasm, you don't take someone seriously or literally, hence a joke, derr.

Yelekiah said it was a joke and sarcasm right from the word go, so he was not being jazzy with words. He told you what he meant in the very beginning.

#65    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:25 PM

this has been going on for way too long. I have so you should mellow.gif

I posted at 6:56pm, then you posted at 7:14pm Eastern time. You took a while to respond and you continue to premeditate on your next move. You're the one who keeps perpetuating this. And no, you don't have me. Anyone else think they are cold-blooded? Not too many votes on that....

Edited by Yelekiah, 27 October 2005 - 11:28 PM.

Posted Image

#66    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:27 PM

Yes I think that they are warm blooded. Warm blooded even if they need to use the sun to warm it up...

#67    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:27 PM

irony:The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning. And once again, I said don't take me literally. No one should take it literally if it's a "joke" because you obviously aren't supposed to take jokes literally. Read the definition of irony very closely.

WHEN did I take the "joke" literally??? disgust.gif  I said something about your jokes being unclear then you came back with some jive and it took off from there.

#68    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:29 PM

When did I ever say you took it literally? Hmmm....never.
I had to explain a definition to you. That's all. Back on topic.

Posted Image

#69    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:29 PM

WHEN did I take the "joke" literally??? disgust.gif  I said something about your jokes being unclear then you came back with some jive and it took off from there.

So it can end there right?

#70    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:32 PM

I posted at 6:56pm, then you posted at 7:14pm Eastern time. You took a while to respond and you continue to premeditate on your next move. You're the one who keeps perpetuating this. And no, you don't have me. Anyone else think they are cold-blooded? Not too many votes on that....

I just post to your replies when I see them...nothing more, nothing less. And when did I say I "have you"?

#71    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:34 PM

Hmmm, misread "I have so you"-read quickly
But back to the topic.

Edited by Yelekiah, 27 October 2005 - 11:35 PM.

Posted Image

#72    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:35 PM

I just post to your replies when I see them...nothing more, nothing less. And when did I say I "have you"?

And he posts to your replies too. Just don't reply any more. Either of you!! Omg!! rolleyes.gif

#73    artymoon

artymoon

Human

• 2,551 posts

• "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:36 PM

I don't think dinosaurs are the only ones warm blooded.

Edited by artymoon, 27 October 2005 - 11:37 PM.

#74    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:36 PM

#75    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:39 PM

I don't think dinosaurs are the only ones warm blooded.

Neither do I, artymoon. original.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users