Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Christianity vs. Wicca (paganism)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Infrazael

Infrazael

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN, ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

Even though I disagree with both sides, this is till funny!!!

I tend to agree "more" with the Wiccans, but as you can see from their reading they can be just as close-minded as the Christians.

Anyways it's open to discussion.

http://www.dragonmanor.net/Pagan/CR/Letter_to_Witches.htm

#2    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

Good stuff, and funny.
"You spend a lot of money on Christianity in tithes, donations and offerings and are no better off. In fact, you become worse off. <you become a Sheeple>"
Love it.

Posted Image

#3    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:07 PM

Sad and funny, two great tastes that taste great together!  Not at all surprised the author addresses "teenage witches" in his letter, judging from his obsession with power and control.  This is how the good doctor talks to kids?  Nice!

Dr. Bob seems to think that in order for magic to work it must work for anyone who puts her hand to it (of course it does, but it doesn't tend to conform to the expectations and delusions of novices).  And it must work absolutely and reliably like a new volvo station wagon every time.  His perspective is crippled by his materialism.  All those years astudying and he couldn't glean the first principle: holism.  Not so very surprised about that, owing to his naming the Dawn and Crowley's minions as his ultimate authorities on the subject of Wicca (now that's funny!).  To cure an illness is not simply to remove its symptoms, but to free one's soul from the conflicts that have manifested thataway; conflicts that have been around for a few lifetimes at least.  Folks with that kinda clarity can see the likes of Dr. Bob coming a mile off and act accordingly I'm sure (I know I would!).  

Magic attracts "people with mental problems."  I think its a minor miracle that he can say that with a straight face considering how he's spent the past 30 years!  And he spends the rest of his letter to witches talking about Uncle Aleister. wacko.gif

#4    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:32 PM

wow.. I have never read such dribble in my life.  The author of the white text knows absolutly nothing...  but ignorance...

This is hardly funny. Sad and pathetic.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#5    Tornado

Tornado

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

• You can't take someone's picture. They have to give it to you.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:59 PM

Lmao ... love it!

You know, the Christian is a lot more harsh and insulting than the Pagan. They take a lot of unnecessary crap. Lol, they have some great come-backs though - very few I hadn't thought myself. I personally don't believe in either, but I've found Paganism to be more flexible.

Nah, that whole thing was great. Must read again. geek.gif ...

"Jeremy Clarkson for Prime Minister"

#6    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

what's funny is.. the guy being hung up on materializm.   "Magic won't make you rich... god will..."  Tell that to all the people living in trailer parks and ghettos with every kind of christian knick knacks and chachkies you can think of pulling in two incomes and welfare...

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#7    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:22 PM

Lmao ... love it!

Yes, it was great.  laugh.gif

Posted Image

#8    Tornado

Tornado

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

• You can't take someone's picture. They have to give it to you.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:46 PM

what's funny is.. the guy being hung up on materializm.   "Magic won't make you rich... god will..."  Tell that to all the people living in trailer parks and ghettos with every kind of christian knick knacks and chachkies you can think of pulling in two incomes and welfare...

Yep!

"Jeremy Clarkson for Prime Minister"

#9    RH2097

RH2097

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• Fear the soul for it knows no fear.

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:57 AM

I bet he'd say "It is God's will.."  Bah..

It's this kind of crap that made me ashamed to call myself a Catholic and why I ditched the church to begin with.  They take stories from those Grimm Brothers and (I forget his name, started with an A), and believe them to be real and throw them out of contex.  Which is in itself a load of crap, as those stories where thrown out of proportion and changed.

Ack, Christian's just piss me off...  angry.gif

RH2097

Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance?
Don't analyze my beliefs.  And I won't pick out the flaws in yours.
You tell me that I sin, You say I'm bound to hell, So once judgment condemns you, I shall see you there.

#10    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:33 AM

I don't think anyone can be funny at the same time as being intelligent, it doesn't work. =P

Big words + trying to be funny= Doesn't work. I might laugh AT you though. Heh. Some parts of that is funny though.

Edited by ZeroShadow, 27 October 2005 - 09:34 AM.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#11    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:18 PM

What "big words" were they using?

Posted Image

#12    RH2097

RH2097

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• Fear the soul for it knows no fear.

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:23 AM

What "big words" were they using?

"The"  "It"  "God"

Hah!  I'm good  w00t.gif   Sorry, felt the need to somehow lighten the mood grin2.gif

RH2097

Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance?
Don't analyze my beliefs.  And I won't pick out the flaws in yours.
You tell me that I sin, You say I'm bound to hell, So once judgment condemns you, I shall see you there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users