Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why pray?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

• The only difference between genius and ignorance is that genius has a limit

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:40 PM

If God is all-knowing, then certainly he knows your needs, your failures and weaknesses, when you want to say thank you, etc.  These messages would come from the heart, not from the lips and would obviously be known to a God who knows when a sparrow falls.  So why pray?

#2    Ciraxis

Ciraxis

I'm back until I get bored again

• 2,214 posts

• Heaven is a place where the trout are always rising.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:06 PM

don't.  your right.

#3    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:26 PM

Why do you tell you partner you love them when they already know. It is a good way to have a personal relationship with God. Even if he is all-knowing.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#4    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:29 PM

Don't pray. Just think.

Posted Image

#5    sleepygrizz

sleepygrizz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• A bear under the influence

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:36 PM

well put 101

#6    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,993 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:37 PM

Iaapac that is a great question!!! I don't beleive in prayer as is currently defined, Pray is nothing more than thought control and really if you think about it the only true prayer there is is the prayer of gratitude, basically in line with the religious construct If God is all Knowing anyways and all things there is no lack, all that is,  the Alpha the Omega and everything in between you wouldn't need to ask for anything you would say thankyou for all that is. IMO prayer is silly I know that i am loved because i love , Religon has alot of understandings that are in error IMO. Namaste Sheri

#7    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:40 PM

well put 101

Thanks Grizz.  grin2.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#8    justcallmefox

justcallmefox

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

• The Truth Is Out There....

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

I agree with 101-
on the same note, why ask your kid if they've gotten into the cookie jar when you can see the chocolate around their mouth?

Government is a terrible servant and a dangerous master.
     - Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Mr. Fahrenheit did my avatar
Thank you, sir

#9    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

lol to make them feel guilty.

Posted Image

#10    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:50 PM

Ha ha. Yes my uncle use to lick the creme out the oreo's and put them back. I couldn't believe he thought he could get away with that. He was always scolded for that. And he continueously did it.  laugh.gif

Posted Image

#11    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,993 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:52 PM

I agree with Yelekiah Prayer and thinking are basically the same thing. Namaste Sheri

#12    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:56 PM

I think that prayer is another word for the universe just doing its normal tricks. It brings you what you need, not what you want. It is duplicating which means that sometimes if you think something it will come on TV or show somewhere else. Love is the connection between people, so that is sometimes why they know each other's thoughts or when they might telephone for example.

But when you truly think about it, God is really just the entire populice put together. When you have a prayer answered some person had to work behind the scenes to bring it to you. That person is unaware that they are doing anything magical at all, and I will bet that they won't say that they heard 'God' talking into their ear telling them what to do. It just happens automatically. It is the way the universe works, but some people refer to it's magic as God.

#13    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:01 AM

I think 101 got this one. Nice post. =D

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#14    Bretth4

Bretth4

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:42 AM

I think that prayer is another word for the universe just doing its normal tricks. It brings you what you need, not what you want. It is duplicating which means that sometimes if you think something it will come on TV or show somewhere else. Love is the connection between people, so that is sometimes why they know each other's thoughts or when they might telephone for example.

But when you truly think about it, God is really just the entire populice put together. When you have a prayer answered some person had to work behind the scenes to bring it to you. That person is unaware that they are doing anything magical at all, and I will bet that they won't say that they heard 'God' talking into their ear telling them what to do. It just happens automatically. It is the way the universe works, but some people refer to it's magic as God.

true in a way but God works through people. There is a story about Elijah where he is told to wait for God to come. He sees a fire, and earthquake and a hurricane but he knows its not God. Finally he hears a tiny thought urging him to do good and be righteous, that is the voice of God.
          And you dont need to prat aloud, just make an effort to think about it

#15    PLO

PLO

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:50 AM

so your saying god is our concience or sub concience at work?, sounds like a clever way to enslave someone if their sub-concience mind is not their own doing, but Gods.

www.oilempire.us  www.killinghope.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users