Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why pray?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

• The only difference between genius and ignorance is that genius has a limit

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:58 PM

Well a wife who is all knowing still likes to hear I love you even if she knows it. And if a man loves her they will recive pleasure from telling her that they love her.  yes.gif

Wow!  I said "Just joking."  It was just something I couldn't resist.  I'm sorry.  Even so, the reactions and needs of an all-knowing wife cannot be compared to an all-knowing God who knows what you will think or feel.

#32    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(101)
Well a wife who is all knowing still likes to hear I love you even if she knows it. And if a man loves her they will recive pleasure from telling her that they love her. yes.gif

ANd like hearing it in return too thumbsup.gif

Regards, PA.

PS - Love ya babe wub.gif

Edited by Paranoid Android, 04 November 2005 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#33    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• 1,422 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

ANd like hearing it in return too thumbsup.gif

Regards, PA.

PS - Love ya babe wub.gif

Damn!  I hope that was for 101!

#34    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:05 PM

Damn!  I hope that was for 101!

Oh crap Iaapac. I meant to write a  laugh.gif after the all knowing wife. My bad.  blush.gif

OH PA wubbies you too.  wub.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#35    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• 1,422 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:13 PM

Wubbies?  Wubbies?  Is that something like honey buns or snookums?

#36    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:15 PM

I guess it is like I love you.

But I wub you.

Or wubbies you.

It is precious.  yes.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#37    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• 1,422 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for the translation . . . .

Personally, I wike wearning about new wanguage forms.  Love becomes wub, that means that l becomes w and ve becomes b.  Interesting.  Wet's try, however, to hab wess passion because I get envious.  Good wuck and behab yourself.

#38    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:29 PM

Thanks for the translation . . . .

Personally, I wike wearning about new wanguage forms.  Love becomes wub, that means that l becomes w and ve becomes b.  Interesting.  Wet's try, however, to hab wess passion because I get envious.  Good wuck and behab yourself.

laugh.gif

So do you not pray and why not?

Praying is a good thing. Even if say we pray for a  good day or reassurance from God. It is the fact that one lays over their day or whatever and places it in God's hands. I pray for Mackenzie when she is sick. I also take her to the doctor and apply medicine to her boo boos. When she gets hurt ( a scrape) she automatically comes to me for a kiss and hug and asks me to pray for it. So I do. It allows a person to be reassured. The problems are no longer yours but Gods.  yes.gif

Posted Image

#39    adkchamp

adkchamp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:30 PM

praying is good for the soul....it makes people feel better to tell their sins that they have committed in prayers. It's not like you pray to god and tell him you WANT to win the lottery, thats just nonsense....

#40    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• 1,422 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:31 PM

No, I do not pray. It is like your daughter . . . . she does not need to come and ask you to take care of her when she is hurt.  You know it and you respond.  That is my relationship with my god.  I respect that he knows better than I what I need and that eliminates the necessity to ask for things.  At the same time, I think he can read my heart and know my fears or gratitude.  Maybe no one else would agree with this but it works for us . . . . God and me.

#41    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:39 PM

Yes it is automatic. God does know. But maybe in your mind you seriously do think and it is like silent prays, crys from the heart. I believe everyone prays just in different forms.

I pray both silent and aloud. It is a good way to show the person ( a child ) that you love God and he is worthy of appreciattion and consideration. It helps our children understand God and how to have a personal relationship.

In children's church our kids learn to sing aloud to God and praise him by lifting their hands. It is something they learn at a young age.  yes.gif

But all people do differently.

I come from a penecostal church and I took my friend and she was like OMG that man just fell out on the ground. And she kept asking why do yall sing like that and pray like this? It is different with different people.

Each persons' personality (spiritual) is different.

Posted Image

#42    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• 1,422 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:55 PM

I find it strange that if we want to know, for example, about the Mayan civilization, we go to archaeological sites and dig until we discover clues that create historic truths.  We do that in all fields of study.  In mathematics we take equations and retrace them backward until we encounter their source.  Science studies our universe by going in reverse.  But we do not do that with God.  There are countless of ancient writings speaking of him even in the Sumerian times when he was referred to as "El" and it was prohibited to speak his name aloud.  

In religion, we do things in reverse.  The original characterization of God is now diluted by New Testament writings that have little or no historic basis.  We find social adaptations erasing mandates reportedly originating from God.  We have reduced the more than 100 commandments to only ten and then we say that within our relationships, we know Him.

#43    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:58 PM

Why pray? Well, what if the god or gods you believe are NOT omnipotent and all-seeing? They'd need you to pray to reach them. As for the Christian God, well, let's just say that magical rituals tend to hang over in the human consciousness. It's a habit, and a ritual to bind a religious community together.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#44    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• 1,422 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:10 PM

Why pray? Well, what if the god or gods you believe are NOT omnipotent and all-seeing? They'd need you to pray to reach them. As for the Christian God, well, let's just say that magical rituals tend to hang over in the human consciousness. It's a habit, and a ritual to bind a religious community together.

Agreed.  Praying is the evolutionary step from sacrificing sheep and watching the smoke go upward to heaven.

#45    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:32 PM

If God knows the subconcious mind of the human, does God know of the humans' concious effort to know Gods higher thinking in the super-concious mind? The super-concious mind in concious/sub-concious thinking together in a meditative state. If you were to understand the connection, the 'Delta-super-sense' in the superconcious mind.

I understand you ask the question of praying, I myself don't pray anymore. I used to a while back. I did some investigative research in this concious-ness relationship basis in this God/Human shiznit.

*Delta- @ The Trinity*

Edited by PFlack, 04 November 2005 - 07:33 PM.

ABSOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users