Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fell off my horse

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,737 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:53 AM

Thanks for all of your sympathies.   I am beginning to feel better...except my tail bone is still very sore. blush.gif

I think it must have had something to do with the saddle being too high up on his back and either too tight or not tight enough.  I think he was getting pinched somehow and was trying to get away from the whole thing....man, is that a fast horse....and in a small arena...I can only imagine how fast and what kind of a ride it would be in his full gallop stride on the open pasture. rolleyes.gif

I do appreciate all of your concern.  Thanks.  That in itself made me feel better. thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#17    AliceCoopersGirl

AliceCoopersGirl

Forum Babe

• 4,406 posts

• Janiel's insane asylum is cool...food is bad though.
    The Official Flirting buddy of The Steel Circle

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:25 PM

Aww sweetie...I'll rub it better for you hun. devil.gif

Glad you are starting to feel better hun. wub.gif

Posted Image  
Posted Image

#18    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,791 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

Whoa,  Sounds like a wild ride.  I am glad you understand old Flip didn't try to kill ya.  (I have seen horses try to kill their owners.)  I had one run away with me one time. My friend yelled turn his head to the side.  I did, he fell and dumped me off in the grass.  Then he kicked me as he got up.  I never again asked my parents for a horse.  I did ride after that but not that horse. no.gif  Glad your ok.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#19    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:23 AM

Dude I feel for you. I have a mare "Firn" that is old Colonel Colby Rush Creek lines. I breed her to death but she was abused and can't be ridden. If I give her her head, she bucks. If I hold her down she rears. I tried bringing her over a couple of times to break her rearing but had one bad dismount and stopped that stupidity. Usually they stop rearing after landing on their backs but she is intent on killing herself when ridden but she is a great mother.
  I hope you feel better.

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#20    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:28 AM

Is "Flip" King Ranch "Three Bars" lines ? Because I noticed you are from Texas that is a hot bloodline down there and those "Triple Pine Bar" lines are lightning under saddle.

Lapi'che ni'tis

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#21    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

Glad you didn't break anything but your pride, man. You gonna get back in the saddle, though, right?

Nothing to see here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users