Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Vietnam war weird health effects.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:41 AM

Trying to research to where he was stationed but it's going to take some time.  
All I know was the place was like a desert...they wiped out the vegitation with agent orange.

I watched another farmer I know dump it just about straight in a field infested with dock and chickweed. It dropped the stuff in an hour. It causes a form of cancer in plants by stretching and deforming the cells. It is made by the same Japanese company that makes "Roundup" which is another form of it. They never banned the stuff. Just changed its name. I want nothing to do with it and rather hack the dock out before it seeds or burn it after it does. I feel the same way you do about the health effects. I was so scared when my horse farrier Terry, who was a  marine in Nam started getting sick after he got older that I put cigarettes down and never picked them up again. I thought they might trigger something that was passed from my father. This thread also has me thinking a lot when my mother sister and I came home from shoping that day and found him.
'Military.com' might be able to help you with his info. If you have the info from his DD214 you can sign on and use that to get the rest. You can also contact some of his old buddies through that site if they use it or are registered.

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#17    user26071

user26071

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:12 PM

There is an X-Files episode, "Sleepless," that seems to have a smiliarity to what you're discussing. When researching the paranormal phenomena associated with the Phu Bai Massacre during the Viet Nam War, Chris Carter and the writers discovered some disturbing experimental medical procedures that the military performed on a select group of soldiers.

Of course, Carter and the writers fictionalized the story because that's what they do, however, that doesn't mean the crux of the story is complete fiction.

I meant "Though it dosen't..." I know it dosent only happen to war vets, I know someone who has it cus she was abused by her father. hmm.gif

#18    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

It is post traumatic stress disorder. Moe senior suffered from this.

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#19    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:52 AM

My cousin who is a drill instructor (D.I.)  was on a electric trigger .50 in Iraq. He has PTSD so bad it's pathetic. We stay on the puter so late I can't keep my eyes open. He needs some serious R&R or should be discharged for mental health reasons.

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#20    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

The guys that were in the gulf war came home with mysterious diseases and problems too.  They are claiming it was caused by depleted uranium.  I haven't got a link but I remember hearing that when the soldiers came home they were making their wives sick too.  Does anyone remember anything about that?

http://www.cuttinged.../News/N1843.CFM

EDIT: In this article it was said that soldiers saw babies in Iraq born with their rear end where their head should be.

Edited by Hilander, 23 April 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostHilander, on 23 April 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

The guys that were in the gulf war came home with mysterious diseases and problems too.  They are claiming it was caused by depleted uranium.  I haven't got a link but I remember hearing that when the soldiers came home they were making their wives sick too.  Does anyone remember anything about that?

http://www.cuttinged.../News/N1843.CFM

EDIT: In this article it was said that soldiers saw babies in Iraq born with their rear end where their head should be.
As far as our soldiers go ,there's a thread about the vaccines they get too . I think that's a part of it . Then what they're exposed to in war conditions ,stress ....a lot ,but keep in mind ,most are under thirty . Stress or not,they shouldnt have cardiac disease that an 80 year old has .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users