Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Doorways in the sky

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 16,162 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:52 AM

Was Googling this topic and came up with a couple of hits from this site. I am interested in finding out more about this topic, particularly to see if anyone has shared, or heard about, an experience like the one I will outline below. I offer no explanations, just a description of what happened to me. I am a 50 plus school teacher. My wife and I lived on a small property about 35k's from the nearest town. One night I heard our dogs barking. I went outsideto throw a rock up on the roof of the converted chook yard they were locked up in at night. It was a bright clear night. No moon, stars everywhere, with perhaps some light cloud cover.
As I went to lob the rock onto the dog's roof, I saw a doorway in the sky. It appeared about the size and shape of a standard door, although it was difficult to get a true sense of size without any reference point.  It was about 30/40 degrees above the horizon, in a S.E. direction. It was clearly defined with very sharp edges. Behind it, but not shining through it was an intense white light, filling the whole space. It was of flourescent quality, although several orders of intensity greater than household flourescent/neon lighting. I only had a few seconds to observe it before it began to move directlytowards me.
As it approached it magnified in size, quickly filling most of my view. I tried to back away, but came up against a vehicle parked in the yard. At that point i shut my eyes and remember thinking. This is it. You are having a stroke or some similar medical experience.While I cannot honestly say i felt any definable physical feelings, some thing "meta physical" occurred at that point.
I went back inside. My wife asked what had happened, because "i looked as if I had seen a ghost." I explained what had happened and she, being a practical person passed it off as just one of those inexplicable things some people are lucky/unlucky enough to experience.
This was several years ago. I am curious to see if this phenomena has been experienced by others, and this site seemed a good place to start. I have not visited it before and wil now spend some time exploring to see if there are any related events.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#2    user26071

user26071

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:21 AM

*shrugs* Well I can safely say that this is the first time I have heard of any incidents like this happening, and I'm pretty well-educated in paranormal phoenomenon. This is a very interesting story... thumbsup.gif *awards medal*

Edited by Kacen, 09 November 2005 - 04:26 AM.

#3    nycrican

nycrican

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:12 PM

Was Googling this topic and came up with a couple of hits from this site. I am interested in finding out more about this topic, particularly to see if anyone has shared, or heard about, an experience like the one I will outline below. I offer no explanations, just a description of what happened to me. I am a 50 plus school teacher. My wife and I lived on a small property about 35k's from the nearest town. One night I heard our dogs barking. I went outsideto throw a rock up on the roof of the converted chook yard they were locked up in at night. It was a bright clear night. No moon, stars everywhere, with perhaps some light cloud cover.
As I went to lob the rock onto the dog's roof, I saw a doorway in the sky. It appeared about the size and shape of a standard door, although it was difficult to get a true sense of size without any reference point.  It was about 30/40 degrees above the horizon, in a S.E. direction. It was clearly defined with very sharp edges. Behind it, but not shining through it was an intense white light, filling the whole space. It was of flourescent quality, although several orders of intensity greater than household flourescent/neon lighting. I only had a few seconds to observe it before it began to move directlytowards me.
As it approached it magnified in size, quickly filling most of my view. I tried to back away, but came up against a vehicle parked in the yard. At that point i shut my eyes and remember thinking. This is it. You are having a stroke or some similar medical experience.While I cannot honestly say i felt any definable physical feelings, some thing "meta physical" occurred at that point.
I went back inside. My wife asked what had happened, because "i looked as if I had seen a ghost." I explained what had happened and she, being a practical person passed it off as just one of those inexplicable things some people are lucky/unlucky enough to experience.
This was several years ago. I am curious to see if this phenomena has been experienced by others, and this site seemed a good place to start. I have not visited it before and wil now spend some time exploring to see if there are any related events.

Hi Mr. Walker:

Wow, once again, this is another one of your amazing personal experiences. I am pretty new here and I have never heard of this happening before. So, I look forward to reading what more experienced people in this group have to say.

Nelly from the Block  yes.gif

Edited by nycrican, 12 November 2005 - 08:13 PM.

#4    vertigoflow

vertigoflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

• tipping cows in fields elysian

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:12 PM

If you can get your hands on a copy of "Operation: Trojan Horse" by John Keel you'll find information on a lot of things seen in the sky that do not resemble mainstream "UFO"s. Unfortunatly, it's out of print. And you're not getting my copy.

#5    Deeper_Understanding

Deeper_Understanding

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:23 AM

If this is a magor incident in your life maybe your should Read "THE DARK TOWER" series. Has many events such as these. Maybe you could relate to them. The second book of the series is literaly using doors to travel from planes of existence, but its written so well you accualy belive that this sh** could happen.

#6    Mind_Freak

Mind_Freak

Supreme Reptilian Overlord

• 2,321 posts

• When one starts to question the very nature of reality, the mind is truly working.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:21 PM

Mr Walker, try this
(just scroll down to "venom79x's" 5th post)

Mind Freak 20:12

PEACE

------------

#7    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:18 AM

I once heard of a jetliner going through a time portal and arriving at it's destination nine minutes late. It even disappeared from the radar. Everyone at the airport asked the people on the plane what had happened but, they didn't notice the incident. Somehow all the passengers watches were running nine minutes behind. Maybe not the same thing but, it still facinates me.

To most people the sky is the limit, to those who fly, the sky is home.
If you don't have brains, you'd better have money!
The FAAs new motto,  "WE'RE not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"
http://www.facebook.com/ThePIRGpage

#8    STIX

STIX

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

• The fact that threshold points exist and dictate matter suggests a pattern and layered geometry to the universe.

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:44 PM

The title of this thread reminds me of wormholes, is it wormholes?

#9    Mind_Freak

Mind_Freak

• 2,321 posts

• When one starts to question the very nature of reality, the mind is truly working.

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

The title of this thread reminds me of wormholes, is it wormholes?

That's what I thought when I first read it, but he isn't the only one to have experienced that type of phenomena... check out my post a little while ago, it gives another witnesses description...

Mind Freak has spoken!

------------

#10    Amin

Amin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:43 AM

Mr. Walker

I definitely know of some phenomenon like the one you described. But to give you an explanantion, I need you to remember the exact date you experienced this phenomenon.

Thank you so much

#11    anomoly

anomoly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:53 AM

I think that that was what some would say the lord knocking on your door. You must have been very surprised. .
I myself had a being (wake my dreaming body up) with a polite knocking at my door (in my dream), but I was rude & did not answer (I told myself it was a stranger). It was very dark but I could almost see the presence through the door. I am not sure but I may have woken up after he went away but I can't recall. The very next day, I was thinking about that dream, & someone handed me one of those religious slips you might get at a bustop, which was where I was, which quoted the bible scripture regarding "answering if he knocks..."-I can't remember... Anyways, it was just then I figured out who was at the door. I feel it was a great loss to me that I did not answer, then, & in the dream.
I have never been as spiritual as I could be. I still am somewhat weak in that dept, having always been against belonging to any religious group or other. I am embarassed & would ask that noone repeats my mistake.

Edited by anomoly, 19 November 2005 - 04:29 AM.

#12    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:20 PM

does it looked like a door,  real door, with a doorhandle and all that?

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#13    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:34 AM

I once heard about a small civilian aircraft that was flying somewhere around Florida, United States, in the 1950's. (It may have been near the Bermuda Triangle). The pilot notified the tower that they had a visual of the airfield but, the controllers could not see the plane. A minute or so later they contacted the tower saying that all they could see was dense jungle. They also indicated that they were not recieving the tower. Before the tower lost their transmission, the controlers heard the pilot say "They look like dinosaurs", or something to that effect. The pilot then stopped transmitting and the plane was never seen again.

I heard that one at the local airport. It was told to me as the truth. Air Traffic Controllers don't tell a whole lot of B.S. stories.

To most people the sky is the limit, to those who fly, the sky is home.
If you don't have brains, you'd better have money!
The FAAs new motto,  "WE'RE not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"
http://www.facebook.com/ThePIRGpage

#14    Mind_Freak

Mind_Freak

• 2,321 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:14 PM

I once heard about a small civilian aircraft that was flying somewhere around Florida, United States, in the 1950's. (It may have been near the Bermuda Triangle). The pilot notified the tower that they had a visual of the airfield but, the controllers could not see the plane. A minute or so later they contacted the tower saying that all they could see was dense jungle. They also indicated that they were not recieving the tower. Before the tower lost their transmission, the controlers heard the pilot say "They look like dinosaurs", or something to that effect. The pilot then stopped transmitting and the plane was never seen again.

I heard that one at the local airport. It was told to me as the truth. Air Traffic Controllers don't tell a whole lot of B.S. stories.

Neither do monkeys.

Mind Freak has spoken!

------------

#15    McKenna

McKenna

I'm a miracle baby. I'm a gift of life from God.

• 2,448 posts

• The Lord does not see as mortals see; they look on the outward appearance, but
    the Lord looks on the heart."(1 Samuel 16:7)

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:08 AM

dude I just did a search and found some books with a similiar tital to doorways in the sky. One is called doors in the sky.

http://www.amazon.com/Door-Sky-Carol-Lynn-...TF8&s=books

Edited by McKenna, 16 November 2006 - 04:10 AM.

McKenna Elise Adams MySpace Page
McKenna Elise Adams Website Page

I have found a way. And I am not ashamed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users