Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doorways in the sky

Mr Walker

Was Googling this topic and came up with a couple of hits from this site. I am interested in finding out more about this topic, particularly to see if anyone has shared, or heard about, an experience like the one I will outline below. I offer no explanations, just a description of what happened to me. I am a 50 plus school teacher. My wife and I lived on a small property about 35k's from the nearest town. One night I heard our dogs barking. I went outsideto throw a rock up on the roof of the converted chook yard they were locked up in at night. It was a bright clear night. No moon, stars everywhere, with perhaps some light cloud cover.

As I went to lob the rock onto the dog's roof, I saw a doorway in the sky. It appeared about the size and shape of a standard door, although it was difficult to get a true sense of size without any reference point. It was about 30/40 degrees above the horizon, in a S.E. direction. It was clearly defined with very sharp edges. Behind it, but not shining through it was an intense white light, filling the whole space. It was of flourescent quality, although several orders of intensity greater than household flourescent/neon lighting. I only had a few seconds to observe it before it began to move directlytowards me.

As it approached it magnified in size, quickly filling most of my view. I tried to back away, but came up against a vehicle parked in the yard. At that point i shut my eyes and remember thinking. This is it. You are having a stroke or some similar medical experience.While I cannot honestly say i felt any definable physical feelings, some thing "meta physical" occurred at that point.

I went back inside. My wife asked what had happened, because "i looked as if I had seen a ghost." I explained what had happened and she, being a practical person passed it off as just one of those inexplicable things some people are lucky/unlucky enough to experience.

This was several years ago. I am curious to see if this phenomena has been experienced by others, and this site seemed a good place to start. I have not visited it before and wil now spend some time exploring to see if there are any related events.

• Like 1

*shrugs* Well I can safely say that this is the first time I have heard of any incidents like this happening, and I'm pretty well-educated in paranormal phoenomenon. This is a very interesting story... :tu: *awards medal*

Edited by Kacen

Was Googling this topic and came up with a couple of hits from this site. I am interested in finding out more about this topic, particularly to see if anyone has shared, or heard about, an experience like the one I will outline below. I offer no explanations, just a description of what happened to me. I am a 50 plus school teacher. My wife and I lived on a small property about 35k's from the nearest town. One night I heard our dogs barking. I went outsideto throw a rock up on the roof of the converted chook yard they were locked up in at night. It was a bright clear night. No moon, stars everywhere, with perhaps some light cloud cover.

As I went to lob the rock onto the dog's roof, I saw a doorway in the sky. It appeared about the size and shape of a standard door, although it was difficult to get a true sense of size without any reference point. It was about 30/40 degrees above the horizon, in a S.E. direction. It was clearly defined with very sharp edges. Behind it, but not shining through it was an intense white light, filling the whole space. It was of flourescent quality, although several orders of intensity greater than household flourescent/neon lighting. I only had a few seconds to observe it before it began to move directlytowards me.

As it approached it magnified in size, quickly filling most of my view. I tried to back away, but came up against a vehicle parked in the yard. At that point i shut my eyes and remember thinking. This is it. You are having a stroke or some similar medical experience.While I cannot honestly say i felt any definable physical feelings, some thing "meta physical" occurred at that point.

I went back inside. My wife asked what had happened, because "i looked as if I had seen a ghost." I explained what had happened and she, being a practical person passed it off as just one of those inexplicable things some people are lucky/unlucky enough to experience.

This was several years ago. I am curious to see if this phenomena has been experienced by others, and this site seemed a good place to start. I have not visited it before and wil now spend some time exploring to see if there are any related events.

Hi Mr. Walker:

Wow, once again, this is another one of your amazing personal experiences. I am pretty new here and I have never heard of this happening before. So, I look forward to reading what more experienced people in this group have to say.

Nelly from the Block :yes:

Edited by nycrican

If you can get your hands on a copy of "Operation: Trojan Horse" by John Keel you'll find information on a lot of things seen in the sky that do not resemble mainstream "UFO"s. Unfortunatly, it's out of print. And you're not getting my copy.

If this is a magor incident in your life maybe your should Read "THE DARK TOWER" series. Has many events such as these. Maybe you could relate to them. The second book of the series is literaly using doors to travel from planes of existence, but its written so well you accualy belive that this sh** could happen.

Mr Walker, try this

(just scroll down to "venom79x's" 5th post)

Mind Freak 20:12

PEACE

I once heard of a jetliner going through a time portal and arriving at it's destination nine minutes late. It even disappeared from the radar. Everyone at the airport asked the people on the plane what had happened but, they didn't notice the incident. Somehow all the passengers watches were running nine minutes behind. Maybe not the same thing but, it still facinates me.

The title of this thread reminds me of wormholes, is it wormholes?

The title of this thread reminds me of wormholes, is it wormholes?

That's what I thought when I first read it, but he isn't the only one to have experienced that type of phenomena... check out my post a little while ago, it gives another witnesses description...

Mind Freak has spoken!

Mr. Walker

I definitely know of some phenomenon like the one you described. But to give you an explanantion, I need you to remember the exact date you experienced this phenomenon.

Thank you so much

I think that that was what some would say the lord knocking on your door. You must have been very surprised. .

I myself had a being (wake my dreaming body up) with a polite knocking at my door (in my dream), but I was rude & did not answer (I told myself it was a stranger). It was very dark but I could almost see the presence through the door. I am not sure but I may have woken up after he went away but I can't recall. The very next day, I was thinking about that dream, & someone handed me one of those religious slips you might get at a bustop, which was where I was, which quoted the bible scripture regarding "answering if he knocks..."-I can't remember... Anyways, it was just then I figured out who was at the door. I feel it was a great loss to me that I did not answer, then, & in the dream.

I have never been as spiritual as I could be. I still am somewhat weak in that dept, having always been against belonging to any religious group or other. I am embarassed & would ask that noone repeats my mistake.

Edited by anomoly
  • Like 1

I once heard about a small civilian aircraft that was flying somewhere around Florida, United States, in the 1950's. (It may have been near the Bermuda Triangle). The pilot notified the tower that they had a visual of the airfield but, the controllers could not see the plane. A minute or so later they contacted the tower saying that all they could see was dense jungle. They also indicated that they were not recieving the tower. Before the tower lost their transmission, the controlers heard the pilot say "They look like dinosaurs", or something to that effect. The pilot then stopped transmitting and the plane was never seen again.

I heard that one at the local airport. It was told to me as the truth. Air Traffic Controllers don't tell a whole lot of B.S. stories.

I once heard about a small civilian aircraft that was flying somewhere around Florida, United States, in the 1950's. (It may have been near the Bermuda Triangle). The pilot notified the tower that they had a visual of the airfield but, the controllers could not see the plane. A minute or so later they contacted the tower saying that all they could see was dense jungle. They also indicated that they were not recieving the tower. Before the tower lost their transmission, the controlers heard the pilot say "They look like dinosaurs", or something to that effect. The pilot then stopped transmitting and the plane was never seen again.

I heard that one at the local airport. It was told to me as the truth. Air Traffic Controllers don't tell a whole lot of B.S. stories.

Neither do monkeys.

Mind Freak has spoken!

• 11 months later...

dude I just did a search and found some books with a similiar tital to doorways in the sky. One is called doors in the sky.

http://www.amazon.com/Door-Sky-Carol-Lynn-...TF8&s=books

Edited by McKenna

Very odd. I've never heard of this before - at least, not in a "real" account from a living person. Interesting. Is there anyone else who's experienced this here?

EDIT: I really should quit trying to post for a while, I can't spell to save my life at the moment :P

Edited by AriKiya

• 5 years later...

I saw stairs in the sky once at a very young age, if it weren't for the other things I have seen I am sure that by now I would have passed that one off as just an active imagination, it left an impression on me, but if that was all I had to go on it would be more like a distant dream. A friend of mine, while at the funeral of her grandfather said that she saw him walking up some stairs (in the sky), and I believe there was a door at the top of them. I will ask her again the next time I see her. She saw this along with another family member. They both witnessed it together which I think is beautiful. :)

Edited by SpiritWriter

The part I bolded makes this experience very unique in my opinion.. did you get any impressions or revelations from this. Now that years have past, do you think you may have a clearer message?

The part I bolded makes this experience very unique in my opinion.. did you get any impressions or revelations from this. Now that years have past, do you think you may have a clearer message?

As i stated, (i think) i felt something. But it was like the feeling you might get if you saw anything weird. A sort of tingling/ hairs standing up, sensation. I was not knocked back nor felt any physical touch as it passed, but inside me, and in my nerves, there were various reactions. When i went back inside i was very white, which my wife noticed and commented on.

I still have no real evidences for what it was. I tend to think it was a part of the communication system i have experienced at other times inmy life . This is a universal network which allows our minds to travel the universe and link into other minds. It did not look like the ones "out in space" and it is the only time i have seen this during my waking hours, but it had the nature of one of those portals or gateways which allows you to travel instantaneously . (before you think i am imitating stargate I encountered these back in the 1950s and 60s long before such ideas appeared on TV) You could identify them as you approached in space only by a sort of shimmering or distortion where the portal was. Some were more definable than others but none had the sheer "physical" appearance and sharpness that the doorway did. They also tended to be irregular roundish shapes whereas the doorway was exceptionally regular and rectangular.

I even suspect that some of the concepts for these series came from other people who encountered the real thing in their own travels. They work like a stargate but, in my experience only your conscious self awareness can pass through them (and youhave to be able to project it out consciously enough to find them) The nearest one to earth is at the outer limits of our own solar system. You then have to "hitch a ride" on a sapient mind when you arrive at a destination. or continue just projecting your consciousness as a travelling tourist. The first lets you understand the language, thoughts, and nature of the beings; the second only allows passive observation

• Like 1

to me it sounds somewhat "alienish" ...

also... thanks for sharing. :)

NP. I definitely don't think it was a human construct .

It was a holograph IMO ..

It may well have been, but it wasn't a human created holograph because this was before we had the technology to create them on such a scale. it was also over 20 miles from the nearest small city (14000 people) I dont think, even since then when holograms have become more common place, that anyone has ever demonstrated a hologram in my state outside of our capital city.

But certainly it had the quality of some form of projection. It would have taken tremendous power. It created an intense flourescent quality light. it was like a a rectangular door cut in the night sky. Through it you could see intense light, but no light spilled out ,or through, the doorway. It was all behind the 'open door".

My 3 dogs were barking up at it, as they sometimes could do with a bright full moon in a very clear sky, but they were very disturbed, which is what drew me outside in the first place. It was at least "6 moons wide and 8 moons high" and very, very bright, with a very consistent light.

It may well have been, but it wasn't a human created holograph because this was before we had the technology to create them on such a scale. it was also over 20 miles from the nearest small city (14000 people) I dont think, even since then when holograms have become more common place, that anyone has ever demonstrated a hologram in my state outside of our capital city.

But certainly it had the quality of some form of projection. It would have taken tremendous power. It created an intense flourescent quality light. it was like a a rectangular door cut in the night sky. Through it you could see intense light, but no light spilled out ,or through, the doorway. It was all behind the 'open door".

My 3 dogs were barking up at it, as they sometimes could do with a bright full moon in a very clear sky, but they were very disturbed, which is what drew me outside in the first place. It was at least "6 moons wide and 8 moons high" and very, very bright, with a very consistent light.

Ah, but I never said it was a holograph made by humans ;)

Anyhow, very interesting. The door must have certainly been symbolizing something. Maybe something of importance for you.

Ah, but I never said it was a holograph made by humans ;)

Anyhow, very interesting. The door must have certainly been symbolizing something. Maybe something of importance for you.

Not necessarily, any more than a satelite pasing overhead, (and we saw them every night) symbolised something for me. It was just there The dogs could see it and responded to it, so i know it was physically real but i dont know what it was or what purpose it had if any.

A few years later my wife saw a neon green corrusacting light, the apparent size of a large tv moving low on the horizon some 5 miles south of our house. It lasted a few minutes then disappeared under the horizon, That week we read in the local paper of a couple 20 miles away, on a hill, who saw the same light at the same time . So it was real but also very weird