Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Doorways in the sky

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    AriKiya

AriKiya

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 150 posts

• "Life is but pure flame - and we are all driven by an invisible sun within us."

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:33 AM

Very odd. I've never heard of this before - at least, not in a "real" account from a living person.  Interesting.  Is there anyone else who's experienced this here?

EDIT:  I really should quit trying to post for a while, I can't spell to save my life at the moment tongue.gif

Edited by AriKiya, 17 November 2006 - 03:34 AM.

#17    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,729 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

I saw stairs in the sky once at a very young age, if it weren't for the other things I have seen I am sure that by now I would have passed that one off as just an active imagination, it left an impression on me, but if that was all I had to go on it would be more like a distant dream. A friend of mine, while at the funeral of her grandfather said that she saw him walking up some stairs (in the sky), and I believe there was a door at the top of them. I will ask her again the next time I see her. She saw this along with another family member. They both witnessed it together which I think is beautiful. :)

Edited by SpiritWriter, 30 September 2012 - 06:16 AM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#18    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,729 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 09 November 2005 - 03:52 AM, said:

Was Googling this topic and came up with a couple of hits from this site. I am interested in finding out more about this topic, particularly to see if anyone has shared, or heard about, an experience like the one I will outline below. I offer no explanations, just a description of what happened to me. I am a 50 plus school teacher. My wife and I lived on a small property about 35k's from the nearest town. One night I heard our dogs barking. I went outsideto throw a rock up on the roof of the converted chook yard they were locked up in at night. It was a bright clear night. No moon, stars everywhere, with perhaps some light cloud cover.
As I went to lob the rock onto the dog's roof, I saw a doorway in the sky. It appeared about the size and shape of a standard door, although it was difficult to get a true sense of size without any reference point.  It was about 30/40 degrees above the horizon, in a S.E. direction. It was clearly defined with very sharp edges. Behind it, but not shining through it was an intense white light, filling the whole space. It was of flourescent quality, although several orders of intensity greater than household flourescent/neon lighting. I only had a few seconds to observe it before it began to move directlytowards me.
As it approached it magnified in size, quickly filling most of my view.
I tried to back away, but came up against a vehicle parked in the yard. At that point i shut my eyes and remember thinking. This is it. You are having a stroke or some similar medical experience.While I cannot honestly say i felt any definable physical feelings, some thing "meta physical" occurred at that point.
I went back inside. My wife asked what had happened, because "i looked as if I had seen a ghost." I explained what had happened and she, being a practical person passed it off as just one of those inexplicable things some people are lucky/unlucky enough to experience.
This was several years ago. I am curious to see if this phenomena has been experienced by others, and this site seemed a good place to start. I have not visited it before and wil now spend some time exploring to see if there are any related events.

The part I bolded makes this experience very unique in my opinion.. did you get any impressions or revelations from this. Now that years have past, do you think you may have a clearer message?

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#19    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 30 September 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

The part I bolded makes this experience very unique in my opinion.. did you get any impressions or revelations from this. Now that years have past, do you think you may have a clearer message?
As i stated, (i think) i felt something. But it was like the feeling you might get if you saw anything weird. A sort of tingling/ hairs standing up, sensation. I was not knocked back nor felt any physical touch as it passed, but inside me, and in my nerves, there were various reactions. When i went back inside i was very white, which my wife noticed and commented on.

I still have no real evidences for what it was. I tend to think it was a part of the communication system i have experienced at other times inmy life .  This is a universal network which allows our minds to travel the universe and link into other minds. It did not look like the ones "out in space"  and it is the only time i have seen this during my waking hours, but it had the nature of one of those portals or gateways which allows you to travel instantaneously . (before you think i am imitating stargate I encountered these back in the 1950s and 60s long before such ideas appeared  on TV) You could identify them as you approached in space only by a sort of shimmering or distortion where the portal was. Some were more definable than others but none had the sheer "physical" appearance and sharpness that the doorway did. They also tended to be irregular roundish  shapes whereas the doorway was exceptionally regular and rectangular.
I even suspect that some of the concepts for these series came from other people who encountered the real thing in their own travels. They work like a stargate but, in my experience only your conscious self awareness can pass through them (and youhave to be able to project it out consciously enough to find them)  The   nearest one to earth is at the outer limits of our own solar system. You then have to "hitch a ride" on a sapient mind when you arrive at a destination. or continue just projecting your consciousness as a travelling tourist. The first lets you understand the language, thoughts, and nature of the beings; the second only allows passive observation

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#20    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,729 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

to me it sounds somewhat "alienish" ...

also... thanks for sharing. :)

#21    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 02 October 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

to me it sounds somewhat "alienish" ...

also... thanks for sharing. :)
NP. I definitely don't think it was a human construct .

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#22    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

It was a holograph IMO ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#23    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostNinhursag, on 03 October 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

It was a holograph IMO ..
It may well have been, but it wasn't a human created holograph because this was before we had the technology to create them on such a scale. it was also over 20 miles from the nearest small city (14000 people) I dont think, even since then when holograms have become more common place, that  anyone has ever demonstrated a hologram in my state outside of our capital  city.

But certainly it had the quality of some form of projection. It would have taken tremendous power. It created an intense flourescent quality light. it was like a a rectangular door cut in the night sky. Through it you could see intense light, but no light spilled out ,or through, the doorway. It was all behind the 'open door".

My 3 dogs were barking up at it, as they sometimes could do with a  bright full moon in a very clear sky, but they were very disturbed, which is what drew me outside in the first place. It was at least "6 moons wide and 8 moons high" and very, very bright, with a very consistent light.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#24    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 03 October 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

It may well have been, but it wasn't a human created holograph because this was before we had the technology to create them on such a scale. it was also over 20 miles from the nearest small city (14000 people) I dont think, even since then when holograms have become more common place, that  anyone has ever demonstrated a hologram in my state outside of our capital  city.

But certainly it had the quality of some form of projection. It would have taken tremendous power. It created an intense flourescent quality light. it was like a a rectangular door cut in the night sky. Through it you could see intense light, but no light spilled out ,or through, the doorway. It was all behind the 'open door".

My 3 dogs were barking up at it, as they sometimes could do with a  bright full moon in a very clear sky, but they were very disturbed, which is what drew me outside in the first place. It was at least "6 moons wide and 8 moons high" and very, very bright, with a very consistent light.

Ah, but I never said it was a holograph made by humans ;)

Anyhow, very interesting. The door must have certainly been symbolizing something. Maybe something of importance for you.

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#25    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostNinhursag, on 05 October 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Ah, but I never said it was a holograph made by humans ;)

Anyhow, very interesting. The door must have certainly been symbolizing something. Maybe something of importance for you.

Not necessarily, any more than a satelite pasing overhead, (and we saw them every night) symbolised something for me. It was just there The dogs could see it and responded to it, so i know it was physically real but i dont know what it was or what purpose it had if any.
A few years later my wife saw a neon green corrusacting light, the apparent size of a large tv moving low on the horizon some 5 miles south of our house. It lasted a few minutes then disappeared under the horizon, That week we read in the local paper of a couple 20 miles away, on a hill, who saw the same light at the same time . So it was real but also very weird

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#26    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

the only thing i've seen remotely close to this was footage of a white-ish semi translucent oblong shaped 'solid' object (a bit like a gigantic box?) drop from under a large cloud into a lower one, which it then 'blended' into and disappeared. /shrug

I saw stairs in the sky once at a very young age
hmm.. when i was little i somehow had a similar thing going on.. these 'invisible stairs' (?) that were scattered around the units i grew up at, the first one touched the ground and went about 6-7 foot up, there were other stair systems that were somehow linked, but they were always higher (like they could somehow be re-connected together again to form a single stairway) i remember having the idea that somehow i would use an invisible rope to drag them together and reconnect them?? ..that's the whole weirdness of it all, it doesn't make any sense but is somehow a persistent and vivid memory??

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#27    JoeyLuisLeel

JoeyLuisLeel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

I would refer to the movie 'Kalifornia' heh. There r some doors there buddy!

Posted Image

#28    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

wow interesting. i seen it once before when im accidently follow the death's bus who fly to abandon city. the little girl told me that she was happy to be able to go back.  that bright door appears frm no where. but i cant enter since its not my time. i only came to observe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users