Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is wrong with having Faith?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Irish

Irish

“The Mod Father”

• 4,935 posts

• Practice Random Acts of Kindness, they return to you!

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:45 PM

I could not even fathom to understand all things off God or even what the big plan is. My existence here like everyone else is just a drop in the bucket of time itself I can and do make a difference in society not just as a Christian but as a person too.
I have my moments of doubts even I am sure that Mother Theresa had her days and longed to drop kick someone!
But I am constantly reminded in my heart and soul that we are not forgotten by our Creator.
I am not a religious person. Remember that it was religious men (the Sanhedrin) that were the accusers; of my Lord Jesus Christ it was these same religious men who demanded His execution from the Roman Empire.
Actually I was a devout atheist into my mid twenties. It was my personal goal to destroy others faith with sound reasoning and logic. I arrived at a point in my battles with the faithful where I was unable to counter with a good argument and decided to say a personal prayer to this supposed deity at that time and asked God to prove Himself to me. And well, He met that personal challenge of mine with love and logic, and from that point on I am eternally grateful.
Irish

Most people do not want to know the truth they only want confirmation for what they think is truth.

#17    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:03 PM

I could not even fathom to understand all things off God or even what the big plan is. My existence here like everyone else is just a drop in the bucket of time itself I can and do make a difference in society not just as a Christian but as a person too.
I have my moments of doubts even I am sure that Mother Theresa had her days and longed to drop kick someone!
But I am constantly reminded in my heart and soul that we are not forgotten by our Creator.
I am not a religious person. Remember that it was religious men (the Sanhedrin) that were the accusers; of my Lord Jesus Christ it was these same religious men who demanded His execution from the Roman Empire.
Actually I was a devout atheist into my mid twenties. It was my personal goal to destroy others faith with sound reasoning and logic. I arrived at a point in my battles with the faithful where I was unable to counter with a good argument and decided to say a personal prayer to this supposed deity at that time and asked God to prove Himself to me. And well, He met that personal challenge of mine with love and logic, and from that point on I am eternally grateful.
Irish

You are an inspiration to many Irish... thanks for posting!  original.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users