Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Triops: Living Dinosaurs

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Jeenuh

Jeenuh

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• Who put such a high price on being typical?

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:13 AM

Bah! Mine died because the cat drank the water. sad.gif

stupid kitty.

blackbird singing in the dead of night.
take these broken wings and learn to fly.

#17    Doctor_Strangelove

Doctor_Strangelove

Nazi Scientist

• 2,616 posts

• Mein Führer! I can walk!

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:04 AM

Dinosaurs were land dwelling reptiles (or possibly mammals), as interesting as they are, triops are not actually dinosaurs, not even close. no.gif

However, triops are still pretty cool. I tried to hatch some a couple of months ago, but it didn't work for me. I followed the instructions and waited, but nothing happened. crying.gif  I still have a few eggs, so I should try again. They came in a different package than yours, so maybeit's just the brand or something. disgust.gif

"Isn't it weird when users quote themselves in their own signatures?"-Doctor_Strangelove

#18    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:58 AM

I had a sea monkey once!  I named him Banjo, in honor of the one on Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. He got to about a centimeter long, when my grandma killed him!   crying.gif

Edited by TaintedDoughnuts, 28 November 2005 - 04:15 AM.

#19    Jeenuh

Jeenuh

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• Who put such a high price on being typical?

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:16 AM

Dinosaurs were land dwelling reptiles (or possibly mammals), as interesting as they are, triops are not actually dinosaurs, not even close. no.gif

Kay, can a mod change it to "Living Fossils" ? I obviously made a mistake that's been corrected once already, but thanks for your concern.

blackbird singing in the dead of night.
take these broken wings and learn to fly.

#20    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:42 AM

Sea monkeys are indeed real. They are a type brine shrimp. They are pretty cool to give a go at once or twice but, unlike the images onthe box, they do not wear little crowns and stuff. They used to be advertised in the back pages of comic books. In the ads they make them out to be just this side of Atlantis or something.

Triops I'd never seen before. I know of the prehistoric sea dweller that looked a lot like these things though. From the picture that was provided, I thought that they were probably some type of horse shoe crab. I guess that they might some kind of distant relative.

Still, if I see them inthestore I'll deffinately have to buy a box and give it a whirl. I think that I've had just about everything else over the years!

To most people the sky is the limit, to those who fly, the sky is home.
If you don't have brains, you'd better have money!
The FAAs new motto,  "WE'RE not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"
http://www.facebook.com/ThePIRGpage

#21    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:49 AM

wait so these things are actually a species thats still alive from millions upon millions of years ago? o.O

Posted Image

#22    mike^_^

mike^_^

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:32 AM

that sounds good and all, but the facts are, nobody knows how old this earth is

Posted ImagePosted Image

THE UNHIVED MIND

-- " I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them. "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users