Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Christmas is coming

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    matthewgoad

matthewgoad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:38 PM

Christmas is not far away. Do you have a fond memory of Christmas that stands out to you? If so, share it. I would love to hear. Christmas is my favorite time of the year.

#2    Super Pancake

Super Pancake

Bwa Ha HA HA HA

• 4,131 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

Thanksgiving is close and its better then christmas.

The only memory I have from christmas is that I never get what I want Santa is a fascist! mad.gif

And I just end up volunteering at a some center!

#3    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,956 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:46 PM

My fondest memories of Christmas, was when I was around the ages of 10-11 yrs old.  Surrounded by a huge family, it was joyous!! original.gif

Now it's . . . . Humbug!  disgust.gif

#4    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

• The only difference between genius and ignorance is that genius has a limit

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:01 PM

My best Christmas was that of 1993, a time when my wife was dying of cancer.  She was not able to go out and shop and so we agreed that we would not exchange gifts, rather, we would consider our time together as a gift.   We sat in front of the fireplace and drank hot chocolate.  She smiled and said, "I never thought I'd see this.  I'm so thankful."  So was I.  We relaxed and talked about the things that really matter.  Things like life and living, learning and feeling, being and letting others be.  The most beautiful things were those that we didn't need to say.  

She died the following May.  I have never had a better Christmas before or after.

#5    matthewgoad

matthewgoad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:52 PM

That is beautiful man.

#6    darkknight

darkknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,335 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:11 PM

My best Christmas was that of 1993, a time when my wife was dying of cancer.  She was not able to go out and shop and so we agreed that we would not exchange gifts, rather, we would consider our time together as a gift.   We sat in front of the fireplace and drank hot chocolate.  She smiled and said, "I never thought I'd see this.  I'm so thankful."  So was I.  We relaxed and talked about the things that really matter.  Things like life and living, learning and feeling, being and letting others be.  The most beautiful things were those that we didn't need to say.  

She died the following May.  I have never had a better Christmas before or after.

but she never left you as she is in your heart and you are in her heart forever! one day you shall see her again thumbsup.gif

#7    tcgram

tcgram

Government Agent

• 3,448 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

Growing up, we didn't have a lot but my mom insisted that every year in December we go through our toys.  We picked out our cleanest, nicest toys and set them aside.  Then my mom asked us to donate some of our good toys to charity.  

She reminded us that there were kids who wouldn't have a Christmas.  It taught us to be thankful for what we had but also to realize that Christmas was more than just getting presents.  And now I carry on that tradition w/my kids.  We donate toys and clothes to different places around here and they are realizing just how cool it is to help others.

#8    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,926 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:25 PM

I grew up in a family that did not (and does not) keep CHristmas.  As far as I was concerned, December 25 was just another Summer day.  It still surprises me when I see how much emphasis people put on this day.

Though the "best" Christmas I have had would probably be two years ago, when i was able to get time off work (no mean feat in retail) and travel up to my auntie's 500 acre farm on the North Coast.  My aunt does keep Christmas.  My cousin and I walked the property, looking for a suitable tree to cut down.  We found one about 35 minutes from the house.  We cut it down and walked back, dragging and carrying it along.  It was great fun.    

QUOTE(iaapac)
My best Christmas was that of 1993, a time when my wife was dying of cancer. She was not able to go out and shop and so we agreed that we would not exchange gifts, rather, we would consider our time together as a gift. We sat in front of the fireplace and drank hot chocolate. She smiled and said, "I never thought I'd see this. I'm so thankful." So was I. We relaxed and talked about the things that really matter. Things like life and living, learning and feeling, being and letting others be. The most beautiful things were those that we didn't need to say.

She died the following May. I have never had a better Christmas before or after.

That's beautiful man.  Inspiring.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#9    Welsh Shaun

Welsh Shaun

Psychic Spy

• 1,962 posts

• If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts.

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:39 AM

bahh.....humbug!

Yes thats right the first time I saw that wonderful film a 'Christmas Carol'

grin2.gif

Posted Image

#10    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:52 AM

Touching story iaapac.

I remember going to see my family up north in 2001 for Christmas. After we opened the gifts (yea!), we took a roadtrip to New York and just chilled there. It was after 9/11 and everyone was so...polite. unsure.gif
But I guess that's a good thing. Then we went to Rockerfeller Center, and saw all the lights. It was better being there than my lame description. blush.gif

Posted Image

#11    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:12 AM

truly touching iaapac...Your reward shall be great in Heaven. That reward  is her...

My family has a lot of tensions, as My mom had 14 siblings, and some of them are not on talking terms because my Dad is Hindu and My Mom is Catholic, but when I was 7, my Mom's whole side go together for Christmas....it was my best yet...

Edited by frogfish, 12 November 2005 - 03:12 AM.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#12    Zoso

Zoso

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Lying in the misty morning sun
    The pillow of the night still beneath you
    Don't you think we're forever ---Roy Harper

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:22 AM

My Christmas memories are always confusing because my parents are divorced and have been since I was very young. Two families are not better than one if you ask me.

#13    XNavyGunner

XNavyGunner

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:33 AM

My Christmas memories are always confusing because my parents are divorced and have been since I was very young. Two families are not better than one if you ask me.

I agree. Past the presents and food it was just another day off from school. Now I work Xmas day because of extra pay.

Posted Image

Giggedy Giggedy Goo!!!!

#14    Creepy_Steve

Creepy_Steve

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:36 AM

Still get that holiday spirit every year, can't help it.
it's not the presents it just the atmosphere, the food, the family that come round. (I am just a sucker for x-mas)
I't doesn't matter what is going on in my live of the world, X-mas always gets me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Best X-mas was when my girlfriend and I bought our dog Grommit 2 years ago.
It was snowing, he was a wee little pup, she looked beautyful and all was right in the world, atleast for that moment.

Edited by Creepy_Steve, 14 November 2005 - 12:37 AM.

#15    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• 1,422 posts

• The only difference between genius and ignorance is that genius has a limit

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:11 PM

I have received some very nice comments here and some e-mails from those wanting to say something about my post in this thread.  I simply want to thank you all and let you know that each message was special and important for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users