Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Moon colony possible in 20 years

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 08:42 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3161695.stm

sorry, just a link this time original.gif

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#2    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 19 August 2003 - 08:47 PM

I wouldnt count on it. they must've been watching jetsons or visiting that ride in orlando. laugh.gif  

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#3    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:52 AM

Interesting article Bizarro. original.gif
Although I doubt there will be colonization in 20 years, the research and developement done by the ESA, particularly in the propulsion system, could be extremely valuable for future deep space adventures.

However, under current policy, the UK would not be included because it does not support human space exploration.

I had no idea the UK doesn't support human space exploration huh.gif  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#4    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 08:03 AM

Funny that, we've just sent up a lander.  The Beagle 2

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#5    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:16 PM

Have we? i didn't hear about that - got a link Al?

never take me too seriously

#6    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 06 September 2003 - 06:42 AM

well let's hope they prove thier point in 20 years time

just hope that they don't repeat another 'moon footage' to mislead us...... sad.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#7    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 06 September 2003 - 08:33 AM

Engulf - The moon landing wasn't faked - there are some excellent threads on the subject elsewhere on this forum, read here

#8    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 06 September 2003 - 08:50 AM

purplestuart,thanks for the link but i've read all of that already before.
what i've said above is just my personal thought about it,i still think there's some wierd plotting behind it.....well,like i said that's just for what i think.... original.gif

but anyway thanks purple for supplying me the stuff and let's hope this plan will all be smooth,it would be a great achievement for us humans to put a colony there,we'll be waiting anxiously... original.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#9    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 09:06 AM

I hope so too - i'm not sure that it'll be that soon though, possible not in our lifetimes - it really depends on political will and that just isn't there at the moment, which is a pity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users