Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peru's Nazca lines under threat

UM-Bot

news icon rA tiny, hand-painted sign mounted on a flimsy barbed wire fence warns visitors to Peru's Nazca lines: "No entry. Area off-limits." It's not much of a deterrent. The latest threat to the vast U.N. World Heritage site where the enigmatic shapes and lines, stylized figures of birds and animals were etched in the desert some 2,000 years ago, is a camp of around 30 shacks that appeared in August.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Reuters

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• STIX

• AztecInca

• fallingalien

Top Posters In This Topic

Then World Heritage should do more to protect this site. Not just by fencing it off or whatever, but educate people about its importance.

:no: It's sad to think that a handful of irresponsible people can damage a great link to the past in the name of FUN. In my own area bored young people destroy head stones in cemeteries. Some statues there are hundreds of years old and vary artistic.

When caught and asked why , the answer is "Some thing to do!"

:/ geeze.... In my opinion they should restore the site. I mean yeah it would be altering invaluable historic sites but at the same time they could poor sand over the disturbed areas, and straigten out the graffiti and what not. And like you said to --MORE SECURITY!

someone has also drawn a penis

What the hell is wrong with these people. This is a sacred piece of our races history and deserves our respect. Far more needs to be done to protect this site and it needs to be a true international effort!

they're looking for a reason so they can have it off limits so government can hang with the aliens yo

I doubt the aliens want to 'hang' with a human member.

EDIT: LOL, get it?

Edited by STIX