Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Exotic Aliens

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    wndycurry

wndycurry

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:09 AM

how many species of living breathing creatures are there on planet earth?

Now look to the stars

#17    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:28 AM

Infinate amount possibilities over a large amount of time.  

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

#18    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Halo_Jones @ Aug 21 2003, 12:07 PM)
huh.gif Oops mis-read the title of the thread...thought it said Erotic Aliens! rolleyes.gif

rotflmao!!!!

you are right Halo, pop culture does influence sightings. I'm surprised we've not seen Giger's alien as a sighting yet.

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#19    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 12 September 2003 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (wndycurry @ Sep 8 2003, 01:09 AM)
how many species of living breathing creatures are there on planet earth?

Now look to the stars

Bloated Corpse Posted on Sep 8 2003, 01:28 AM
  Infinate amount possibilities over a large amount of time.

Exactly

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#20    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 12 September 2003 - 06:55 PM

I think the greys, Nordics, and reptilians took over because they are easier to fit into the whole mythology that's sprung up over the UFO phenomenon over the past 50 odd years.  After all, squatty toad-like being with eyes on stalks and no head is much harder to put into a sinister government conspiracy than greys, which are big-eyed, not quite human insectoids.  It's the whole archetypal thing rearing it's ugly head again.  Personally, I like the reports from the 40's, 50's, and 60's the most, as these are the stories that really captured my imagination when I was younger and got me into the whole UFOlogy field to begin with.  Somewhere, someone is still seeing the squatty toad guys, but those reports are being drowned out by the bullsh** that fits the template.  And that there folks, is my two cents.

Nothing to see here.

#21    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 12 September 2003 - 07:26 PM

Snuffy is absolutley spot on, I think.

The existence of life somewhere in the universe is a completely different issue to the existence of alien encounters and kidnappings and whatnot - which, to be frank, is something that your average UFO buff hasn't cottoned on to.

I've said this before somewhere, but the problem with UFO stories is that they're too democratic. They seem to be a catch-all phenomenon into which any loony can pour any belief they currently hold. The difference between a group like the Raelians and a group like BUFORA is astronomical. Nobody else in the 'parapsychological' world holds these extremes of opinion. Aliens seem to be 'all things to all men' and for that reason alone I would be deeply mistrustful.

#22    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 07:40 PM

one of the rare times I agree with you Aslan.

#23    colorless

colorless

Psychic Spy

• 1,480 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 12:32 AM

Hmmm... what's weird was you said that thing about dwarfs, I had this memory or something. I was in a cave or a spaceship that looked like a cave with dwarf like people inside.....

#24    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 01:14 AM

Ok so "alien encounters" (hey I have a name for a new erotica story grin2.gif ) are based on pop culture. So in fifty years do we see giger alien, the guys from battlefield earth and Klingons abducting people?

Really I have been skeptical of aliens anyway this thread just prooves my point.

#25    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 07:28 AM

Klingons wouldn't abduct Humans, it's the Cardassians that do.  thumbsup.gif  

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

#26    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 14 September 2003 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (thepsychoticseaotter @ Sep 14 2003, 01:14 AM)
Ok so "alien encounters" (hey I have a name for a new erotica story grin2.gif ) are based on pop culture. So in fifty years do we see giger alien, the guys from battlefield earth and Klingons abducting people?

Really I have been skeptical of aliens anyway this thread just prooves my point.

I hope the guys from Battlefield Earth don't come here.  As all they would do is chew the scenery and suck until someone mercifully shot them.  Ah, yeah, okay I'm done.

Nothing to see here.

#27    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 14 September 2003 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (thepsychoticseaotter @ Sep 12 2003, 07:40 PM)
one of the rare times I agree with you Aslan.

Really? I find that it is only technicalities that i disagree with him on.

never take me too seriously

#28    AustralianAbductee

AustralianAbductee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 07:43 AM

Another of the theories possible begins with a cetacean life form evolved on another planet. Unlike Terran cetaceans, they did not return to the oceans, but were discovered and later altered and cloned by another species. This species (called the Masters for argument's sakes), needed a source of slave labor, and thus searched for an intelligent lesser species that they could genetically manipulate in order to be used effectively. Arbitrarily assuming that this period of time was about one million years ago, the most evolved species at that time on Terra would have been dolphins and whales. This might also have been possible on another planet, where a similar species evolved instead of a primate-like organism. Under this theory, the cetacean ancestors of the Greys were taken and genetically altered into an upright, bipedal species capable of doing labor for the Masters. After a time, however, the Greys apparently rebelled, and are now on their own, using the technology of the Masters, but since they were created to simply operate them, and not to design them, their knowledge of the technology's operation is lacking.

Another possibility is the Grey's may not be independent of their Masters, who may continue to control and manipulate the Greys for their own reasons. In this scenario, the Masters are often considered to be the Reptilians.

Just a thought

AA

"I am the 3rd generation of abductee in my family bloodline, my two children will be the 4th. I hope they learn to accept the experience with less confusion, fear and anger than I have. We cannot stop what they are doing, we can only learn to accept." - AA

#29    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 07 October 2003 - 06:48 PM

You will have to bear with me, because Iím going to quote someone (not exactly word for word) and for the life of me I canít think who he/she is or where I read it. I have more books than a sane person would count, and it would take to long to find the book in question. But here goes.

The person believed that humans need something to believe in, Gods, etcetera!  And everything needs a plausible explanation.
Years ago, before the space age, people saw unexplained thing in the woods! Elves and hairy men with legs of goats (to name just a few). The woods were full of ancient stories and legends. But as the years past, more places were going undiscovered. More land populated and ripped up by farmers. It was getting to the stage were there was nowhere left for the strange little creatures to come from!  Until the point came where there was nowhere to look apart from up! They now arrived in silver glowing crafts, rather than from running out of bushes.
He also suggested they looked the same - elves and aliens. Tall slim bodies, large almond shape eyes, long fingers. Except now, instead of being dressed in green cloth and long high leather boots, they wear silver space suits!

Just what I readÖ rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users