Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

John Palifox Key "Proofs of my Return"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
656 replies to this topic

#1    science101

science101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:55 AM

A couple of months back, I read an interesting story about a gentleman named John Palifox who traveled back & forth from other dimensions.  In his book titled "Proofs of My Return", he gave a detailed description of intersecting leylines throughout the United States used to get to parallel univereses, alternate realities, or planes.  One of the most notorious dimensional plane exist in Montmorency County, Michigan.  

In his book, he discussed dozens of latitude & longitudes throughout the U.S. that permit time travel.  However, his book is extremely hard to find.  I have checked several antiquarian libraries but I have not found John Palifox's Manuscript.  Has anyone heard of his written account?  Does anyone on this site own his manuscript?

Edited by science101, 19 November 2005 - 10:57 AM.

#2    Welsh Shaun

Welsh Shaun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

• If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts.

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:35 AM

Have you tried looking on the internet for any info at all?

Posted Image

#3    science101

science101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:46 AM

Welsh,

I have scoured the Internet, and the book (manuscript) is practically impossible to find.  Many years ago, you could go to the library & get a copy of his book (manuscript).  The book appears to be pulled from the shelves of every library in the U.S.  It is as though the book has fell off the face of the earth!  

From what I read on other Internet sites, only a handful of John Palifox's manuscript exist, but those that possess them are not willing to disclose, share its contents.  

Interesting to say the least!

#4    Welsh Shaun

Welsh Shaun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

• If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts.

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:53 AM

It is, I personally have never heard of him. But if I come across anthing at all I will Let you know, You never know here in Britian it might be easier to find info?

Posted Image

#5    vertigoflow

vertigoflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

• tipping cows in fields elysian

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:24 PM

Must've scoured the internet real hard. The top google result on a search for "proofs of my return" comes up with this page

http://ranprieur.com/misc/palifox.html

Which details good evidence of a hoax.

Though I must admit as a collector of rare books I got excited for a second. I would've stuck in on my shelve between my copy of A Joyful Guide to Lachrymology by Ronald P. Vincent and my skin bound edition of the Necromonicron.

Edited by vertigoflow, 16 November 2005 - 03:33 PM.

#6    nycrican

nycrican

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:14 AM

A couple of months back, I read an interesting story about a gentleman named John Palifox who traveled back & forth from other dimensions.  In his book titled "Proofs of My Return", he gave a detailed description of intersecting leylines throughout the United States used to get to parallel univereses, alternate realities, or planes.  One of the most notorious dimensional plane exist in Montmorency County, Michigan.  

In his book, he discussed dozens of latitude & longitudes throughout the U.S. than permit time travel.  However, his book is extremely hard to find.  I have checked several antiquarian libraries but I have not found John Palifox's Manuscript.  Has anyone heard of his written account?  Does anyone on this site own his manuscript?

Hi Science:

Here is another link that state a little about his:

http://portalwisdom.blogspot.com/2003_06_0...om_archive.html

I don't know whether the book is a hoax but I would be very interested in reading the book if I could.

Nelly from the Block

#7    science101

science101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:57 AM

Welsh:

Anything you can find would be helpful.  Some books are just hard to find, especially if you don't know where to look!   no.gif

vertigoflow:

The post you highlighted is nothing new.  It does not say anything about the findings in the book being a hoax.  It sounds like those who say they possess the book are the real con artist.  

Also, I didn't say that links are hard to find about the book's excerpts.  I am solely talking about ascertaining the book and its contents.  Would I ever try to prove if the "portals" truly existed?  I think not!  

However, the book to me sounds like a novelty.  A novelty that I wouldn't mind having my hands on!

#8    vertigoflow

vertigoflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:31 PM

Welsh:

Anything you can find would be helpful.  Some books are just hard to find, especially if you don't know where to look!   no.gif

vertigoflow:

The post you highlighted is nothing new.  It does not say anything about the findings in the book being a hoax.  It sounds like those who say they possess the book are the real con artist.  

Also, I didn't say that links are hard to find about the book's excerpts.  I am solely talking about ascertaining the book and its contents.  Would I ever try to prove if the "portals" truly existed?  I think not!  

However, the book to me sounds like a novelty.  A novelty that I wouldn't mind having my hands on!

Some books are hard to find, but I do know where to look. I really do collect rare books (the one thing I wasn't being sarcastic about). I can track down most books, typically at prices that make actually getting my hands on them prohibative but at least verifying their existance.

Everything about this screams hoax to me. But, perhaps I havne't invested as much time investigating it as you have. With that said, if I ever do come across a copy of it in my journies i sure as hell am snatching it up quick.

Granted, this is something I'm going to look in to more; regardless of whether I think the book is real or not.

#9    vertigoflow

vertigoflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:27 PM

This website says the book was self-published. That complicates things and could make most of what I said in my previous post incorrect.

http://pub3.bravenet.com/forum/203343655/fetch/66505/

The more I look into this the more interested I get. I'm going to put up a website about it soon where I can keep track of links and discuss related topics. I'll post a link when somethings up.

#10    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:19 PM

I don't think that I understand what you're saying here. This guy went to another dimention and came back. If you read the book, what's some of the plot?

To most people the sky is the limit, to those who fly, the sky is home.
If you don't have brains, you'd better have money!
The FAAs new motto,  "WE'RE not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"
http://www.facebook.com/ThePIRGpage

#11    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:27 PM

O.K. Going on what I've found so far, I'm going to give you eight words...

Hoax the Hippie Out of Thier Pot Money.

'Nuff said.

To most people the sky is the limit, to those who fly, the sky is home.
If you don't have brains, you'd better have money!
The FAAs new motto,  "WE'RE not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"
http://www.facebook.com/ThePIRGpage

#12    vertigoflow

vertigoflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

O.K. Going on what I've found so far, I'm going to give you eight words...

Hoax the Hippie Out of Thier Pot Money.

'Nuff said.

lol.

I think the real question is: "Does the book exist?"

If it was selfpublished in the 60's and distributed to college bookstores, than I'm sure more than a few hippies laid down their pot money for a copy.

I wouldn't be suprised if all remaining copies vanished because they got soaked with bong water or had the pages torn out to roll spliffs.

#13    science101

science101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:21 AM

Lord Umbarger:

This was posted by From Tubby McApple (AlexanderP31) on another site:  Parts are ommitted.

The basic spiel is this:

John Palifox Key allegedly wrote a book called "Proofs of My Return" that described portals through which you could find a land full of denizens not unlike the magical creatures of fairie tales (gnomes, fairies, lizard-like people, etc.).  What's more, JPK claimed to have travelled into this alternate reality, experiencing things first hand.  So far, nothing much out of the ordinary for paranormal writers and their books.  But here's the hook:

JPK apparently mapped out the location of the portals in his book, so that anyone could find them.  These places include:  Montmorency County (major continuous portal was always open on County Road 622 (called Clear Lake Rd.) about 5 miles beyond the Canada Creek Dam heading roughly west toward Vanderbilt, Michigan) and the Constitution area of Dekalb County, Georgia--both areas where he identified major portals; Constance, KY among other locations throughout the U.S.

As the story goes, this book became popular amongst college folk in the '60's-- they would go on field trips to find these portals (like it was some sort of buried treasure).  Young Joey Leguay was exposed to this book while he was still in High School (I think) by his older brother Eric Leguay (who is now a CEO at some Fortune 500 company... don't ask which).  Eric Leguay went on one of these portal hunts with some friends, but left Joey behind.  When Eric returned, he said the whole thing was a bunch of bunk, discouraging young Joey from exploring on his own.  Joey would remain skeptical about portals until just this last year.

Fast Forward to late 2001.  An Atlanta grad student by the name of John Grantly in his quest for information related to John Palifox Key and his book runs into a lady going by the name Apacheunger who claims to have had a similar experience as described by JPK in his book.  Apacheunger professes that she drove out of this world for 20 minutes.  Below is her story:

I was driving (for my job selling photo-cells) in a rather deserted part of a northern state, which I'd rather not mention yet, when I started seeing lizard-like things about 2 to 3 feet high standing upright near the sides of the gravel road I was on. They looked very "intelligent" not like lizards or wild beasts or anything. I thought about aliens, etc., but these looked earthbound, as I said like lizards with brains and a sense of purpose. Also they seemed to follow me with their heads and eyes. I was in a nothern state where it really snows and is cold, and I know there are no lizards there. I was also there on business. These lizard-like things were really ugly, so I started to drive faster...and I swear the road turned into a light brown packed earth drive, and the trees and such were all different like nothing I've ever seen anywhere. There were funny colored plants with curly leaves that really didn't look like leaves and vines that smelled funny (I had the window down). The whole scene was unreal and the worst...I swear...was that small, squat human-like people were around the sides of this earthn trail working and not paying much attention to me. They were gathering big triangular fruits and hitting them with sticks. Crazy as this seems they looked like dwarfes or lepratchauwns or little people like fairies, etc. They were very hunched over and seemed more wider than tall like they grew from side to side instead of up. Some did look at me as I passed in my car and shook their heads as if to say I had made a mistake. I actually wet my pants I was so scared...but I drove out just like I drove in suddenly and then everything was normal.

Furthermore, she goes on to give direct coordinates:  a county gravel road which is a short cut between the town of Hillman and Michigan Highway 33 running north of Atlanta, MI.  main doorway is on county road 622 past Canada Creek Dam +/- 5 miles.

I know the story sounds like a hoax, but believe me quite a few people have experienced this.  Until the advent of the internet, many of these recorded accounts went undocumented.  The proof is so real, or surreal, that according to a gentleman named Tim Mistrial (internet name), it appears that about 8 years ago there was a movement to destroy every last copy of JPK's manuscript. Some think it's very dangerous.  Needless to say, the book is extremely hard to find.

Anyway, there are some other books of interest or authors that have well documented experiences traveling to pararell universes including Serge Hutin & Georges Rabiton's 1927 book.  Name at this time eludes me?

Edited by science101, 19 November 2005 - 10:41 AM.

#14    science101

science101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:27 AM

There are many more stories similiar to Apacheunger's experience.   Another harrowing experience happened off hwy 56 in Utah, where two girls were chased by humanlike lizards in an odd shaped vehicle - that's until they crossed back over to our dimension.  Sounds strange, I know!

Edited by science101, 19 November 2005 - 10:47 AM.

#15    vertigoflow

vertigoflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:06 PM

How much of that info came from this site:

http://aspyre.net/pauladenail/

I believe this is a work of fiction based on the Palifox legend, any new information from this site is suspect.

This site is also related to that one:

http://portalwisdom.blogspot.com/

Especially since they talk about going to the "Aspyre blog". the quiz on this site makes it seem like they are trying to make some kind of "alternate reality game" based on the legend.

For more info on Alternate Reality Games, look here and use google:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_Reality_Game

Basically, this one is nothing more than a reading compresension test to get people to read the "Search for Joey" story. Most of the questions come from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users