Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ya Te Vio tree

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 06:03 PM

I put this on the old maze house forum, but i thought I would also put it on here.

the Ya Te Vio Tree is/was a tree in the south american jungle that looked like a seat with branches coming off it, the tree would do this to try and get anything passing to sit on it, or come near it, be it an explorer wanting to rest or a monkey wanting a flat space to break something open, it would then when the thing got near lash out with its branches and grip the creature tightly and then eat the poor thing.

Has anyone heard of this?

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 08:06 PM

Sounds like the good ol' Man eating tree.

It has already been posted on the forum HERE ;)

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users