Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Extreme heat in France

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 06:30 AM

Hmmm...that's full of stereotypes...

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#17    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:28 AM

*takes fingers out of ears*

Thank you for that Bigsteff, Capitals is shouting, SO DON'T DO IT please.

Bigsteff and Bizarro, it looks like you have offended people here, or are starting to, with them posts, please try to control it.

Thank You.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#18    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:33 AM

I can't believe anyone would take such a tragedy and be so callous
         and cruel.   crying.gif      
         It seems like it's not just the immature posters who post without
          thinking!    

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#19    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:29 PM

(turns and walks away dumbfounded.  can you people read?)

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#20    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:40 PM

I agree with the heat acclimation thing bizarro was talking about. I like to use the AC as little as possible, because you feel horrible when you step out of it. It always gave me the feeling of 'fake air' too. Sometimes it makes me feel sick.

(here is something for all the conspiracy theorists out there...maybe the US is making use of it's weather control system via chemtrails to alter the weather of France to get back at them for siding with them during the Iraq war...there how about that...i'm not serious by the way)

#21    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:46 PM

I call this thread a big case of Foot in Mouth, as what Bizarro said has been misinterpreted by many people, including myself at first, as being, well, nasty, what he actually meant was to be helpful, and in a way, try to lighten the mood of the thread. This kind of backfired.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#22    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 03:19 PM

Alarming fact...

We know that a lot of old people died because of the heat, that seems to have calmed down those recent days. If that is a way for nature to take her rights back isn't the question that worries me today...

According to the latest news it is said that several corpses are still waiting in morgues for relatives to recognize them and take care of, but either they lost contact with them, or their children don't care of them and prefer finishing their vacation time on the southern coast...

I think those recent events reflected one of our society's regrettable reality, the supremacy of individualism that causes the loss of social relationship, even inside the family, and the fact that a lot of old people finish their life in total loneliness, and finally question the principle of brotherhood.

sad.gif  

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#23    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:37 AM

yes, Ronin.  that is the real tragedy

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#24    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 05 September 2003 - 06:41 PM

hey ronin,i heard that the French Football Association actually gave the green lights to go ahead with thier La Championnat schedule,exactly at the same time when the blazing heat's busy hitting France.even the kick-off's were at noon fixtures,man i mean they should think of the players right??  35-40 C,fooh,how are they gonna cope with the heat in the next few months? sad.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#25    lil_kanga77

lil_kanga77

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 08:35 PM

Whether we "test" ourselves to see how long we can take the heat before turning on the a/c is one thing but not having the choice is another.

This was tragic and maybe, just maybe this will prompt action so they are better prepared next time.

The weather of the world is going crazy. We're all experiencing changes in climate so now the task is to be prepared to cope.

huh.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users